Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    People have been asking for bigger default backpack since Vanilla, and now they give it to us! A whopping 4 extra slots, if you use an authenticator.

What happens if your bag is full and you deactivate the authenticator? Your items gets sent to your inbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    People have been asking for bigger default backpack since Vanilla, and now they give it to us! A whopping 4 extra slots, if you use an authenticator.
    Which is free unless you have a physical. Although physical ones can last for years on end.

What's the issue? You are getting 4 slots for paying absolutely nothing essentially.

What happens if your bag is full and you deactivate the authenticator? Your items gets sent to your inbox?
    Not a clue. Could always activate and then fill your bags and deactivate it to see.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-17 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if those of us with the archaeology silithid mount could get an updated model )

in my 11 years in wow i only saw 3 ! people with this title..

another legion fail.. bravo blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    could pay like 5$ to get an actual phsyical authenticator.
    I did - years ago. You need both an authenticator and SMS Protect for the extra bag space.

Thanks, though.

Deleted
    So Blizzard devs don't like casuals who like to solo stuff. Good to know. Is this a reverse patch? it feels like. WoD SELFIE patch feeling all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I did - years ago. You need both an authenticator and SMS Protect for the extra bag space.

Thanks, though.
    Pretty sure SMS protect is free and I imagine smartphones are widely owned these days so you can get the free authenticator for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty sure SMS protect is free and I imagine smartphones are widely owned these days so you can get the free authenticator for that.
    It being free is pretty irrelevant when it doesn't work.

Deleted
    Let me tell you something smart economy boi who got well educated. Most of the people cannot afford smartphones... Have you ever been in East-Europe?

Here is East-Europe in one picture (2018):

People are considered rich if you can afford PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    Let me tell you something smart economy boi who got well educated. Most of the people cannot afford smartphones... Have you ever been in East-Europe?

Here is East-Europe in one picture (2018):
    [IMG]Do You Remember" song by Jay Sean[/IMG]

People are considered rich if you can afford PCs.
    Not all smartphones are expensive. You don't have to buy a Iphone or Samsung you know. There are third party brands that are cheap and work quite well.

Then use a physical one. It's cheaper than a smartphone and lasts a long time. I've been using the same one since Cata. So 8 years.

At the end of the day it's not like you NEED to do this. It's 4 bag spaces and a pet. It's an incentive for account security.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-17 at 01:41 PM.

It would be nice if they gave the black quiraji mount to people that finished the scepter of the shifting sands quest chain (regardless if they have the title)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post

Thanks, though.
    weird, i dont have the mobile one, got is as soon as i logged in. abit annoyed as the new bag count broke the sorting of my bags.. had to redo them
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, just... Wooooooow.

So now they are forcing you to use an authenticator or your bag will be 4 slots smaller than everyone else's? Bad form Blizzard Bad form!

(Yes giving an in game advantage to people for doing something optional IS the same as penalising those for not doing it).

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Wow, just... Wooooooow.

So now they are forcing you to use an authenticator or your bag will be 4 slots smaller than everyone else's? Bad form Blizzard Bad form!

(Yes giving an in game advantage to people for doing something optional IS the same as penalising those for not doing it).
    Well you aren't forced to use one at all. Now if you were forced then you would be unable to log into Battle.net without one.

What power advantage do you gain from 4 bag slots? It's a minor QoL reward for securing your account.

Now if they gave you powerful gear that you couldn't get ingame and made you better than Mythic raiders now that would be bad form. But it's 4 measly slots.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-17 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Give a good argument, beyond "muh prestige". why?
    You can't just discredit the best and most valid reason by demanding something besides that.

I shouldn't launch nuclear warheads? Give a good argument, beyond "global annihilation and unfathomable suffering" why starting a nuclear holocaust isn't a good idea.

With very few exceptions and besides the air/ground divide all mounts are the same gameplay wise. Prestige is one of the essential part in chosing one ground mount over the other. The other being aesthetic preference obviously.

Great news for the 2 or 3 Scarab Lords who still play the game.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well you aren't forced to use one at all.
    You are now unless you want a substandard gaming experience, as they are giving an in game advantage to people who have an authenticator.

You are now unless you want a substandard gaming experience, as they are giving an in game advantage to people who have an authenticator.
    Losing out on 4 bag spaces really isn't the end of the world. Let's not pretend it is shall we?

So again you are not forced whatsoever.

Forced as I said would be them requiring you to have an authenticator to log into Battle.net.

I'm happy to discuss but saying you are forced into something you are clearly not is just not worth discussing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously. Its fucking 4 bag spaces. Dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Not all smartphones are expensive. You don't have to buy a Iphone or Samsung you know. There are third party brands that are cheap and work quite well.

Then use a physical one. It's cheaper than a smartphone and lasts a long time. I've been using the same one since Cata. So 8 years.

At the end of the day it's not like you NEED to do this. It's 4 bag spaces and a pet. It's an incentive for account security.
    I didn't care either way about the 4 bag slots but I think it's shady that Blizzard has said all along you needed an authenticator attached. Now on patch release it changed to SMS protect. The authenticator which is 99.99% effective suddenly isn't good enough? That's my issue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222