Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    aside from actually finishing the quests/story in a zone, how do the new changes make it less boring? If a mob takes 30 more seconds to kill, how does that make leveling somehow fun?
    Unless you happen to be playing WoW with your feet i dont see how it would take you 30 secs to kill mobs... My partner was levelling WW monk this morning (a class she has never played) and was 3 shotting mobs so...

Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    Unless you happen to be playing WoW with your feet i dont see how it would take you 30 secs to kill mobs... My partner was levelling WW monk this morning (a class she has never played) and was 3 shotting mobs so...
    way to miss my point

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    How do you know they don't? I always turn on 'show only character achievments to others' in the settings and I never show the stupid titles.
    Are the titles stupid? Show me on the character sheet where the titles touched you.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Did you like it? or hate it? is it challenging?
    The day before the patch I was in an area on my druid as boomkin with the enemies 6-8 levels above me. I one shot every single enemy with either Moonfire or Sunfire and they died after a few ticks of the DOT. I pulled every single enemy within range with that high of a level discrepancy and it was the easiest shit ever.

Now after the patch, I need both Moonfire and Sunfires entire dot duration, plus one additional solar wrath for an enemy to die. This is on enemies equal to my level or one level lower than me. Still easy but at least now I need to try and kill the enemy so he dies faster.

It's not challenging since all the mechanics remain the same. I enjoy the leveling more since the patch came out.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's REALLY simple:

It's not fun to one shot mobs. Period. If you have to do that for 110 levels, you will get sick of the game and quit before ever making it to max level. Therefore endgame won't matter until leveling is finished - So you can't say "Well endgame is the real game anyway."

If the game is actually challenging prior to max level, it won't matter how long it takes to make it to max level. You'll at least be doing something fun in the meantime. Yes, sometimes all it takes is mobs dying slightly slower and slower XP gain.

To someone who's played the game before, that may not make sense - But that player already has several characters at max level most likely, and this change isn't for them.

To someone who is new, the game should be fun the first time through, and prior to this change it wasn't.

Whether or not this change is enough is another question entirely, and until I experience it (Waiting for allied races) I won't be able to argue one way or another.
    Do not assume that others like the same things that you do. The simple fact that so many people are complaining about this means that your absolutist stance is in fact wrong. It might be better in your opinion, but clearly there are many, many people who disagree. In fact the battlenet forums are ablaze with complaints about the scaled leveling and the changes to old content soloing.

And people need to stop deluding themselves into thinking that this change had anything what so ever to do with "new" players. Heirlooms are the reason people outleveled zones, and these rare and elusive new players dont have those. They would have experienced the zones at the pace they were intended to be experienced because those zones were balanced for people without looms.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-01-17 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This. I feel the best way to make leveling better at this point is to remove leveling.
    Fixed this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    Yesterday with full heirlooms in Pandaria at lvl 85 I one or twoshotted mobs. Today it takes about 10 seconds to kill the same mob. I've raided this class for several expansions so I know at least the basics of it (altoholism). 10 seconds might not seem like much but it adds up over all the hundreds/thousands of mobs you have to kill to level. No thanks, I'm just not going to do it anymore.
    It's funny, because everything you were saying was sounding like it was a GOOD thing, until your last sentence. (I thought you were happy about it, until the end.)

I think this highlights the main problem with people complaining about these changes: The thing you hate about the changes is exactly what other people are glad about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Instead of increasing the health of mobs, they should instead reduce the XP you get from everything.
    I'd rather they go the other way. Make mobs have higher HP, and even smarter AI (such that they are breaking CC like a player in PVP would do, for example). And then make the experience you get higher, to compensate. The fights would be harder, but then rewards you more.

Quote Originally Posted by Roccatex View Post
    Fun leveling died after they removed spell ranks and introduced heirlooms.
    That's funny; I like the removal of spell ranks, and the addition of heirlooms! (I don't mind that they nerfed heirlooms, in 7.3.5.)

I like it. At least im able to see the full rotation on the Shadowpriest and go into void form a bunch of times.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    None of which change the intent of this change.

Whether it worked or not is another matter entirely, and that WILL be entirely up to opinion. Most opinions on any forums however, will not be from new players. That's not a surprise.

In regards to soloing: Content should never be built to be soloed. Period. I don't care about people complaining about soloing considering it's never intended for content to be soloed. I will agree with people complaining about the personal loot change, because when playing solo you should be able to choose your loot methods, but the actual ability to solo is dumb and never should be intended.

Someone obviously hasn't leveled without heirlooms in far too long.

You easily outleveled zones with or without heirlooms without any xp boosts at all. This has been the case since Cata launched.
    That "dumb" content soloing is something that people have enjoyed doing for years, and in several instances it is now no longer possible. People are upset at having content taken away from them for no reason other than blizzards lazy blanket changes to hp. You clearly dont care about anyone else or the things they may enjoy if those things fall outside what you narrowly define as proper, but a lot of people are upset about the changes.

So did they fuck up dungeons? because the last 4 characters I leveled to from 0-100or110 were very fast with dungeon finder and Heirlooms, I don't quest because I hate it if it does take longer than I guess their play here was to force you into buying character boosts...good play Blizz. I want to play so many more class/ specs this xpac but leveled 2 from 100-110 and I can tell you it is a very shitty and long grind. I was hoping they would nerf exp required again like they do for all other xpacs, but this one still takes forever to level. I would honestly gladly pay for a boost from 100-110 atm.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    So did they fuck up dungeons? because the last 4 characters I leveled to from 0-100or110 were very fast with dungeon finder and Heirlooms, I don't quest because I hate it if it does take longer than I guess their play here was to force you into buying character boosts...good play Blizz. I want to play so many more class/ specs this xpac but leveled 2 from 100-110 and I can tell you it is a very shitty and long grind. I was hoping they would nerf exp required again like they do for all other xpacs, but this one still takes forever to level. I would honestly gladly pay for a boost from 100-110 atm.
    I cant say from personal experience yet, but secondhand from gchat and a couple of people in trade last night, dungeons are far slower now. Like waay slower. It is my understanding that dungeon spamming is going to be nowhere near as fast as it was.

Deleted
    I've played from the start of the game and I've also played on.. places I'm not allowed to name here. I find it quite tedious, before I had actually come back after playing vanilla for a long while. I found it really pleasant, enjoyable even, I really enjoyed the care free journey and not having to grind. I'm trying to level my feral druid through WoD currently, it really sucks. Honestly I mean this sincerely when I say its really ruined the game for me, maybe its better at low level, from what I've experienced at 90+ though it just makes it so incredibly tedious.

They've also absolutely destroyed dungeon running, which I quite enjoyed. Ultimately what I'm trying to say - if I wanted classic - I would play classic. I play live for live, not for classic? If that makes sense.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2018-01-18 at 07:35 AM.

Just started in Pandaria and it feels WAY slower compared to before because mobs take much longer and you can't just pull giant groups without worry (because they live much longer).

Being able to fly is nice but I don't see how it can offset the HP increase.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Fixed this for you.
    I'd agree that used to be an option, leveling before 7.3.5 was pretty stupid and either needed to be done with or improved. Luckily 7.3.5 improves it enough to be passable, now we just need to go a little further.

This thread is basically preparation for Blizz for the complaining when Classic goes live.

- - - Updated - - -

Do twink boosts still work 100-110?

10+ Year Old Account
    And was never intended.

Which is irrelevant because it was never intended.

People can be upset. That's not a problem with the game.
    While that is what Blizz has said, if you leave an unintended state of levelling in a game for 5-6 (?) years in your game you shouldn't be surprised that people find that explanation a little hard to believe. I'm sure the complaints will die down once people have had their fill of allied races, but I find the decision pretty questionable. Scaling is an awesome change, but imo heirlooms should imo precisely allow one-shotting mobs; they're an optional boon for people who have done it all before.

Here's the thing...

Almost everyone here is making blanket comments. Saying leveling is too slow, or it's bad, really depends on who you're talking to. To someone who's only played one or two characters and wants the immersion, the changes are probably for the better. If you're like me, someone who's been playing since 04 and has leveled so many alts that you really just want to get it over with, they're for the worse.

I like the level scaling. I like being able to finish a zone now and not feel I have to move onto the next zone so I get more XP. I don't even mind the health increases, and although I don't like it, I can tolerate the XP gains.

What I don't like is the nerf to the heirlooms. It feels like a direct punishment to those of us who have played the game a lot and have earned these rewards, upgraded them, etc. If you don't like blowing through mobs and fast paced leveling, don't wear the heirloom gear.

People have been mentioning ideas like those with Loremaster get a boost in XP, which I think would be perfect to offset the annoyance of leveling for those who have done it so many times. To me, Loremaster is like pathfinder for leveling. You've shown that you've seen and done everything, so give me something that makes doing it faster/easier.

To others, they like these changes. I think they need to put something in that differentiates the groups of people. New people or those that haven't leveled alts much, to those who have leveled so many that leveling something new really isn't fun at all.
    Last edited by Moridius; 2018-01-17 at 03:35 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmale View Post
    People should try it before complaining also 45 sec to kill something what are you doing using your fist? running around naked? Heirloom Survival hunter can still one shot enemy's so i highly doubt it it would take any class that long. Anyway leveling a hunter took me about 2.5 hours to get to level 22 maxed cooking and engineering while leveling lost a little time there. Overall it feels like its going faster not much just slightly might be because of less downtime because you don't really change areas you just follow the quest and end up where you need to be.

My opinion its better then it was would had been nice if mobs did some more damage but it just feels less mind numbing.
    please provide footage of heirloom hunters one-shotting. it does take 30s to kill mob with full heirloom on, on my warrior doing WOD content, coz I m leveling one right now. maybe you should try it first before kissing blizz ass

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    it is to make this game more appealing for new players.
    A new player plays through the starting zone.
    Finds out the level 5 breadcrumb quest teaching about the inns is gray because they have a good half left to the level 5.
    Starts grinding mobs to level to 5.
    Realized it is 2018 and uninstalls the game.

A genial move.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    another example of blizz blancing of no middle ground, didn't like the 3 sec to kill a mob? we will make it one minute.

fucking shit fest as expected, every time they touched scaling it was a shit fest, no exception this time