Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Shouldn't Azerite already be a known substance on Azeroth?

Considering what happened way in the past when Ysaarj was torn out of the planet. From what I recollect, the whole ordeal with the Well of Eternity was that they had torn a hole in Azeroth that was spewing "the blood of Azeroth." So they made the lake above it to "plug the hole" so to speak. In that sense. If Azerite is the manifestation of the blood of Azeroth, then there should already be some amount of Azerite existing on the planet. It might not be a very common material, but if it is so powerful and is arcane in nature, then it should already be a catalogued substance to mages in both factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the impact of such a massive amount of fel energy caused it to congeal in ways that are new and remarkable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krascara View Post
    Considering what happened way in the past when Ysaarj was torn out of the planet. From what I recollect, the whole ordeal with the Well of Eternity was that they had torn a hole in Azeroth that was spewing "the blood of Azeroth." So they made the lake above it to "plug the hole" so to speak. In that sense. If Azerite is the manifestation of the blood of Azeroth, then there should already be some amount of Azerite existing on the planet. It might not be a very common material, but if it is so powerful and is arcane in nature, then it should already be a catalogued substance to mages in both factions.
    Sure. Thus, the Well of Eternity was a (fairly dilute) solution of Azerite. And the crystals are the pure unadalterated thing.

This is consistent with the Well being very powerful, and easy to tap (all Nelfs had connection to it). While Azerite is probably more potent, more concentrated, it just needs a way to release this power.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2018-01-17 at 01:02 PM.

No mortal currently alive existed back then.

And all that happened before the titans reoriginated the planet. They probably cleaned away any Azerite that might have been left from the Well's creation.

Does this mean the Well of Eternity was Azeroth's bladder?

Deleted
    Not if that what we see now is a mix of her blood, Sarg's sword's corruption and possibly C'thun's blood or some other void goo.

azeritze is the same as the waters from the original well of eternity just in solid crystalised form

Quote Originally Posted by Krascara View Post
    (...) is arcane in nature, (...)

Where is the arcane part coming from?

I believe he is referring to the fact that Titans are arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Titans are listed as Arcane in the universe map thing in Chronicles. Logical leaps imply they're all arcane. Consider how mages enslave elementals and it holds up that an Arcane wielder can control other forms of magic through it, explaining Eonar and Sargeras. Makes sense that if the Well of Eternity was Azeroth's flowing blood and pure arcane energy then Azerite is probably her scabs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Titans bleed raw arcane power, it is how the well of eternity came to be. Azerite is derived of Titan blood as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Chronicles.

Titan blood is raw arcane power.

Formerly known as Arafal

I am wondering whether we're gonna see what Horde and Alliance main use for azerite is. We kinda know that it's powerful and all that, but what's Galyvix plan's to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I am wondering whether we're gonna see what Horde and Alliance main use for azerite is. We kinda know that it's powerful and all that, but what's Galyvix plan's to do with it.
    He is a goblin. He either sells it for profit or uses it to blow stuff up. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    He is a goblin. He either sells it for profit or uses it to blow stuff up. Or both.
    Pretty much. For Gallywix, it's money and money means power. And if he can get Sylvanas in on it and start extracting, they can all be rich and powerful together. It's a pretty simple motive and fits his character.

But as for the topic question, no mortal would have been alive at that time and also keep in mind the raw amount of chaotic magic coming from Gorshalach. It could be crystallizing the blood in a way that wasn't seen before by infecting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Does this mean the Well of Eternity was Azeroth's bladder?
    one can only hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Pretty much. For Gallywix, it's money and money means power. And if he can get Sylvanas in on it and start extracting, they can all be rich and powerful together. It's a pretty simple motive and fits his character.

But as for the topic question, no mortal would have been alive at that time and also keep in mind the raw amount of chaotic magic coming from Gorshalach. It could be crystallizing the blood in a way that wasn't seen before by infecting it.
    Knowing her? Probably try and combine it with the plague to try and create some chemical WMD, what it doesn't kill in the blast it poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well since he included Sylvanas on his plan I guess he's main contractor for Horde now. Should have probably asked what Sylvanas plans to do with it, but I guess we already know. Anyway, it would be cool if we see more uses of azerite apart from gear and bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Knowing her? Probably try and combine it with the plague to try and create some chemical WMD, what it doesn't kill in the blast it poisons.
    Oh no I agree Sylvanas is up to something and will see it as a tool. Gallywix though is a much simpler individual so it's easy to see through his scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation