Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yep. Stupid thoughtless change that enraged their playerbase. Worst possible timing too, after the last patch of an expansion when players have little else to do but solo old content for transmog gear and mounts for the next year. Take that away, and why would those players stay subscribed? I expect they will probably revert the change.

Mmorpg is not about group. It's about possibility to play with group. Some of you still don't understand why many people hate raids and even dungeons. ^^ Forcing people to group up in wow can kill many subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Last patch of the expansion, just wait for the next expansion when our numbers inflate even more.
    Numbers are scaling down next expansion.

Patch 8.0 is the better part of a year away. Maybe September, at the earliest.

seriously hope they revert this change, people are right - end of expansion is when people do more soloing and stay subbed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep. Stupid thoughtless change that enraged their playerbase. Worst possible timing too, after the last patch of an expansion when players have little else to do but solo old content for transmog gear and mounts for the next year. Take that away, and why would those players stay subscribed? I expect they will probably revert the change.
    Let's hope so, because fk this game otherwise.

Deleted
    Soloing old raids for mounts, pets and transmogs was an actual selling feature to keep people subbed. It also gives people a chance to go back and see the story. It's one of the main reasons the wardrobe function was made in the first place.

Messing around with that now, is absolutely pointless. All it does is piss off those who did that content and makes Blizzard look greedy or incompetent.

This goes for the levelling overhaul as a whole aswell, making people go through old zones AGAIN at an even slower rate is asinine. Heirlooms should give people who want it a quicker levelling experience, as it's just a means to an end for them/us. I'm all for harder enemies and the ability to choose where you level, but the exp nerf is nothing but a buffer to elongate subs, ESPECIALLY now that allied races will be coming probably every year.

This just wreaks of corporate greed. Forcing those of us who have done the levelling content multiple times to buy boosts, or to be stuck levelling allied races through content we have done multiple times already, thus they get you to stay subbed.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-01-17 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    hahahaha

are you serious? people that complained about it are trying to solo it on 850 ilvl toons.
    lvl 900 and you can still blow things up, 950 then? it takes a few secs to kill a boss
    another thing is that bosses still do shit dmg to you, so you can only ever die to 1-shot mechanics like falling off a bridge
    Maybe try actually doing the raid instead of pretending to be some 'herdcur raidur'? You're full of shite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because Blizzard are idiots, SoO can’t be soloed anymore because of these stupid changes.
    i was able to solo it but it took a bit of effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i was able to solo it but it took a bit of effort.
    Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    They were told this is a bad idea by people who played on the PTR. They didn't listen. I seriously hope they're going to fix this because it solves nothing and will only piss a lot of people off.

One thread from December 1st: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9607341?page=1
    Just proves they take less then 0.001% of what the player finds on the PTR in consideration. Only thing they care about when it comes to the ptr is " does the game blow up? nope, good push it thru."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.
    Sure it is, if we are taking what Aeula said literally. He made it appear it can't be done, at all. Which is false, because it an be done. Just harder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmique View Post
    Have you not tried it on Live then?
    Because I can't get past Sha on my main, which is a 960 Balance Druid, buffs+drums, full ST, just shit out of luck because we have non-existant ST burst. Have several bosses down in Antorus on Mythic, if you think the current scaling on old raids is intended it most certainly isn't because it's beyond fucked
    I just did and uploaded a video to show it's perfectly doable without any real dps requirement.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

they are trying to make the game more challenging, and feel more rewarding for players of that level

The people defending this... Please, stop. Almost all your reasoning is ridiculous. Especially that one calling this a bug...

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    they are trying to make the game more challenging, and feel more rewarding for players of that level
    Are you joking? How many players, compared to transmogers, are running the old raids at the intended level?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The people defending this... Please, stop. Almost all your reasoning is ridiculous. Especially that one calling this a bug...
    I have no idea how could someone justify that change? Probably the ones who don't care about/already have mounts/t-mog.

That's unfair for people who still want to farm other raids. I don't care about mounts/t-mog, but it's unfair for people who do?

They buffed everything, not just raids. This was an intended change not a bug. People need to stop crying and maybe make a group or take a friend with you to the raid. Or here's a thought, clear the raid when it's current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    This just shows how Blizzard is out of touch with reality. Why introduce a negative measure like this in outdated content? Soloing old raids is a fun thing people do to unwind a bit or relax. Why would you mess with that?
    pretty much this here. I solo old content to relax, grab some old gear I didn't back then, go for old very rare drop mounts once a week, it's relaxing.
    Blizzard changing that removes that element of relaxation for me, if I want stress filled raiding, I do max content.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Done all the mop raid solo, quite "harder" you cant just brain afk no more.

Nothing absurd but wasnt for sure needed

Mythic Sha of Pride requires 3 million DPS to kill before the imprison timer, unless you're in tank spec. So either you're at itemlvl >960 or so or did it in tank spec. That boss was beatable by any class at itemlvl 900 before the patch. All my alts have been clearing it for months now. And now they can't. That sucks.

The same applies to a couple other bosses too, including Ra-den. And for bosses without insta-kill mechanics, they just take much, much longer to beat now. Which also sucks, because WHY?