Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Congratulations on cheesing the gates and getting an extra mount a decade down the line.

7+ Year Old Account
    As I said in the other thread it would have been much cooler if they had done the same thing as the Molten Core aniversary event and just updated the raid and get it as a reward for killing C'thun on level 110 just like the Core Hound mount and I even suggested that they throw in updated and reskinned weapons from the Ahn Qiraji raid in there as rare transmog drops, that way you can really generate intrest in a mini holiday now it just something that doesnt even matter to most of the player base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Congratulations on cheesing the gates and getting an extra mount a decade down the line.
    Aim your salt and jealousy elsewhere, I'm the guy with the archaeology version.

Aim your salt and jealousy elsewhere, I'm the guy with the archaeology version.
    I won't. I don't think people who cheesed it for a fraction of the effort more than an expansion down the line should have any mount or title, let alone an extra one.

If the only reason the Scarab Lords are getting a new mount is to reward them for their effort, people who cheesed it in WoTLK are the direct antithesis of this reason.

Deleted
    I won't. I don't think people who cheesed it for a fraction of the effort more than an expansion down the line should have any mount or title, let alone an extra one.

If the only reason the Scarab Lords are getting a new mount is to reward them for their effort, people who cheesed it in WoTLK are the direct antithesis of this reason.
    I get you're just venting but it's a bit weird. How can you be sure the guy got it in wrath and not during AQ opening event?

It is not new mount. It is just refreshed model. Old one looks cooler imho (even it has got much less polygons).
    I am also pretty sure that it is much less than 0,2% of the current population.
    It is very cool like they keep those specific old items very rare. I still got Benediction and Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers in my bank (and as transmog ofc).

I get you're just venting but it's a bit weird. How can you be sure the guy got it in wrath and not during AQ opening event?
    Because like a creepy stalker, I made sure to look at their achievements tab and see when they got their achievement.

(I really just wanted to check whether the guy showing it off really earned it, since the difference in effort between getting it in Classic and later on is vastly different)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is not new mount. It is just refreshed model. Old one looks cooler imho. (even it has much less polygons).
    It is very cool like they keep those specific old items very rare. I am so fucking keeping my Benediction and Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers.
    That's actually a good argument.

Did you know that they added an updated Rhok'delar in Legion and made it a reward from the Mage Tower challenge? Why not make it an exclusive new reward for the original owners of Rhok'delar? :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    Wait, they just upgraded the old one? Seems like a downgrade, I always found the old version *way* cooler than the new one. Not that I have it ofc, just sayin'.
    No...they just gave a few dozen people who earned something over a decade ago and numerous people who exploited a bug a few years later a free mount for doing nothing.

Oh, boo hoo, they don't deserve it since they are just a few.

What the fuck? This might be on of the dumbest complaints...

Lol.

It's not a permanent mount, and it is honestly shit looking compared to the original.

Simple. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...trength/mounts

This is the guy in the picture. Look at the date of the Scarab Lord FoS. After achievements were first rolled out. Simple enough concept to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is not new mount. It is just refreshed model. Old one looks cooler imho (even it has got much less polygons).
    It is very cool like they keep those specific old items very rare. I still got Benediction and Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers in my bank (and as transmog ofc).
    Why not keep them rare and allow a few new people to earn this one instead of just handing a free new mount to people who're likely not even playing anymore or to people who exploited the system in wrath?

Maybe every year allow a few people to earn this new one? Nope instead they hand it out to inactives and exploiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You still can't really be sure. He may not have logged in until the date you see the achievement as achievements were added a month before WotLK.
    1/10/2009.

Meanwhile he has an achievement from 10/15/2008.

Hmh... gets the noggin' joggin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol.

It's not a permanent mount, and it is honestly shit looking compared to the original.
    The new scarab Lord mount is permanent. Thee micro-holiday ones are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Lol.

It's permanent.

And if it's so shit looking, why not let current players who pay current subscriptions have a current way to currently earn it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.

The upgraded scarab lord mount is permanent. The blue and red versions aren't.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancun View Post
    Simple. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...trength/mounts

This is the guy in the picture. Look at the date of the Scarab Lord FoS. After achievements were first rolled out. Simple enough concept to understand.
    I'm way too lazy to actually go through and check, but does he have a lot of other common achievements on that same day? He could've easily been unsubbed until mid-wrath. Achievements only were earned the first time you logged in (to a character with them) after they were added.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm way too lazy to actually go through and check, but does he have a lot of other common achievements on that same day? He could've easily been unsubbed until mid-wrath. Achievements only were earned the first time you logged in (to a character with them) after they were added.
    Yellow Brewfest Stein
    Proud owner of the 2007 Vintage Yellow Brewfest Stein.
    10/15/2008
    Blue Brewfest Stein
    Proud owner of the 2008 Vintage Blue Brewfest Stein.
    10/15/2008
    Competitor's Tabard
    Proud owner of a Competitor's Tabard from the 2008 Spirit of Competition event.
    10/15/2008
    Clockwork Rocket Bot
    Proud owner of the 2007 Vintage Winter Veil gift, the Clockwork Rocket Bot.
    10/15/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The upgraded scarab lord mount is permanent. The blue and red versions aren't.
    Oh?

Well, guess Scarab Lords just got a free +1 then. It's a bit weird that they don't add a permanent updated Silithid mount for current players to earn though. Not the black one, but something at least. :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Fix'd that for you
    Well not really as the mount is usable by anyone with a subscription. If you mean those specific colours then maybe apply another fix?

You won't?

You just accused the wrong person and they corrected you, but you still think the accusation still applies? That's some effed up logic right there.