Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That new black qiraj mount is utter crap. There are so few Scarab Lords any more and you can't even get the title anymore. On top of that, I remember in TBC when the original mount "bugged out" and got a flying form. The Scarab Lords were excited while everyone else was pissed. Blizzard then came out shortly after to say it was an error and the mount would not be getting a flying form.
    This just goes to show Blizzard is trying to backpedal on everything. That's just crap to continue to award players for something they got like 10 years ago. That's just not fair, especially when the other mounts most players can get last only a week.

The only way I can see Blizzard avoiding pissing people off with this is by making Scarab Lord accessible again either through the Call of the Scarab event or by having players who get it on the Vanilla servers able to also have it on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The HD-Upgrade of the mount itself is available to everyone
    No, it is not.

Black: For the Scarab Lords
    Blue: Temporary, just for the holiday
    Red: Temporary, just for the holiday
    Green: Non-existent
    Yellow: Non-existent
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    People have been asking for bigger default backpack since Vanilla, and now they give it to us! A whopping 4 extra slots, if you use an authenticator.

What happens if your bag is full and you deactivate the authenticator? Your items gets sent to your inbox?
    If I read it correctly you have to have the authenticator and use their SMS. I have authenticator but no smart/txt capable pone (no need for one) so no extra 4 slots for me

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    No, it is not.

Black: For the Scarab Lords
    Blue: Temporary, just for the holiday
    Red: Temporary, just for the holiday
    Green: Non-existent
    Yellow: Non-existent
    So temporary means not for everyone?

I lol so hard reading the comments, so funny.

Greetings from a Scarablord who's enjoying his mount!

Why would they make a new mount for the 0.5% of players with the title?

It was always stupid that only the gong ringer got this title and mount, when they assuredly did not do all the work themselves. They had probably at least 39 other people working their asses off to help, and those people got jack squat. The work people bleating about was propped up by the work of countless other people who aren't acknowledged at all. The jerks earlier in the thread don't even mention the fact that they were part of a team, which kinda illustrates their insanely selfish nature.

It's even more stupid that these individuals are getting a new mount for literally no reason. They didn't work for it at all.

Stupid decisions are about the only ones WoW knows how to make anymore, though. So. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Okay, now reconcile it with the fact that the vast majority of Scarab Lords still playing are statistically far more likely to be the ones who cheesed it in WoTLK.

You can't.
    Either cheesed it or bought the accounts. Just my 2 cents though.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    “Muh prestige” is a good enough argument. I worked my ass of for this, you didn’t. You fucking don’t deserve it. The wotlk situation was a mess and should never have happened. The ultramarine tank ok because everyone knows exactly where it comes from. And it’s not doing the scepter chain in vanilla.

You have no fucking clue of how MMORPGs work and what basic game design philosophy is. Things like these are what make people come back time and time again and gives their character a sense od value. You just don’t understand.
    Yeah, you worked your ass off TWELVE YEARS AGO. That doesn't mean that you and the handful of other Scarab Lords that still play deserve ANOTHER mount in your collection for doing literally nothing extra. You have your prestige. This mount should be modern prestige, not decade-old prestige. You really need to evaluate your ego.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Yeah, you worked your ass off TWELVE YEARS AGO. That doesn't mean that you and the handful of other Scarab Lords that still play deserve ANOTHER mount in your collection for doing literally nothing extra. You have your prestige. This mount should be modern prestige, not decade-old prestige. You really need to evaluate your ego.
    Thank you for this post.

Also, a little correction: his guild worked their ass off twelve years ago. Scarab Lord (the original, not the cheesed, that is), is one of those achievements that requires a lot of people to put in the effort, just to reward one person who happened to be privileged enough to either claim it, or to be given it.

Grats to the 13 players who EARNED the mount/title(and still play), 375 who paid $50 to go to a new sever ring the gong and go back and 2,761 who got it when a bug in WOTLK closed the gate FOR ONLY A few severs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    They didn't CHANGE it they have asked you to add it alongside the app authenticator. Not hard to understand.
    They changed what they originally told us. Anyways it doesn't matter but was annoying at first to find out.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I have the title and mount (like most serious collectors I guess) .. but I would love that reward that the others got who did hit the gong but not as first... That should also be available to scarab lords..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    I had an Authenticator and just added sms alerts to the account. Ive logged back into the game but got no notification about the extra bag slots nor do i see them. Is there anything else that needs to be done?
    A faq said it can take like 30 minutes and requires you to log off for a bit. Had the sale issue.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    dont use the + in your number
    lol i'm not a complete moron, i googled it and this was a suggestion... I tried mine, bro's and mom's numbers, guess they don't accept some of the Romanian mobile network numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    The monocle hatted cat so sayeth:

Vanilla account will somehow be connected to the live game's accounts as so that xmogs/mounts/titles unlocked in the vanilla version will be unlocked for use in the BoA live game.
    Thus making Scarab Lord a nice bait for more people to actively play Vanilla for a while and to justify the extra cost a vocal minority wouldn't be able to support by itself, but shutting them up in the process.

You heard it here first, guys! Quality tinfoilery just for you.

Bullshit that only those with the original get the remodel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They changed what they originally told us. Anyways it doesn't matter but was annoying at first to find out.
    You are right, it doesn't matter.

Deleted
    ive been reading comments and the only thing i can think of is "what the fuck? who the fuck cares?". Like...seriously

I know for a fact that the Scarab Lord from my server no longer plays on our server (there are only 3 toons of the same class with that name, all of them on a different server and faction, so they either transferred servers, deleted their toons/accounts, or haven't logged on in quite a long time). They're actually one of the few server "celebrities" I can remember from vanilla, as they were very active in the server community even outside of being the Scarab Lord.

So they spent dev/art time on making a new mount for maybe a handful of active players (I'd be very surprised if the amount of active players with this mount is above 100, and even that might be generous). Note, none of those people earned this new mount, they earned the original mount and title. They still have their title/mount/achievement for the prestige, so giving them an entirely new mount just because really seems like a waste of time. If Scarab Lords made up a much larger portion of the active player base (like Mythic raider or Gladiator numbers) then sure, I could see it. But there are probably more active players with the Tyrael pet then there are active Scarab Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by gliosarcoma View Post
    ive been reading comments and the only thing i can think of is "what the fuck? who the fuck cares?". Like...seriously
    ya so the gate only closed on 5 severs giving 500+ new people the mount years after the event who cares right? RIGHT!!!
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit