Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Will they finally update all old Mount models?

*Racial mounts*

They did for Kodos in Legion and in BfA we have seen updated Horses.

I would really like a cool Ram model that isn't tied to PvP please Blizz.

Deleted
    New Mounts with HD graphics? Yes.

Replacing the old ones? No.

Some people like the old style, even if you count pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Vertigo View Post

They graphically updated the kodos mounts, so I couldn't see them creating updated models of the other mounts and not replacing the old models.

Replace everything old. I've looked at it for 13 years already I'm tired of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I would trust Blizzard with it. They tend to make a few unwanted changes when they just 'update' the old models. x_x

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I don't think I would trust Blizzard with it. They tend to make a few unwanted changes when they just 'update' the old models. x_x
    Any change ever was somehow unwanted to someone.

This isnt an excuse.

The models of the racial mounts are 13 years old, they have to update them at some point and now is the perfect time to do so.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Any change ever was somehow unwanted to someone.

This isnt an excuse.

The models of the racial mounts are 13 years old, they have to update them at some point and now is the perfect time to do so.
    I just don't know anyone who approved of the new blood elf male faces, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so.

I mean, look at Tyrande in new content on that low polygon mount... looks disgusting.

Racial mounts, highly likely... with race model updates, and allied races having their own... the rest, seriously doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't know anyone who approved of the new blood elf male faces, for example.
    There's probably plenty of people who liked it. Not to mention some people's complaints while can be valid, to just say "I don't know anybody" is not a good reason to say something is bad. The mounts do need to be updated or have updated versions cause they stick out in newer content.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Aren't all the PVP Vicious Saddle mounts essentially revamped racial mounts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's probably plenty of people who liked it. Not to mention some people's complaints while can be valid, to just say "I don't know anybody" is not a good reason to say something is bad. The mounts do need to be updated or have updated versions cause they stick out in newer content.
    All I ask for, is that if they update the mounts: just make the textures better. Don't change anything. Besides, if you could find someone who did like the new duck-lip faces for them, then I can't really bring that argument up anymore at least!
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2018-01-17 at 08:38 PM.

All I ask for, is that if they update the mounts: just make the textures better. Don't change anything. Besides, if you could find someone who did like the new duck-lip faces for them, then I can't really bring that argument up anymore at least!
    so...nothing needs to be updated anymore cuz ppl dont like be new models?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    so...nothing needs to be updated anymore cuz ppl dont like be new models?
    Eh, they can just update them and include them in the "Show old models" option. I'm curious if someone actually uses that lol

i personaly would rather see new models added ingame instead of replacing old, like having a frostwolf howler in both SD and HD

I feel like this could work as a toggle like the player models.

[ X ] Display higher resolution racial mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Eh, they can just update them and include them in the "Show old models" option. I'm curious if someone actually uses that lol
    If I were Blizzard I would just leave that option available until like less than 5% of the playerbase uses it, then get rid of it.

Deleted
    They updated the unarmored kodos and the original models are no longer available and we've seen updated, unarmored horses so its a safe bet that the same thing will happen there. Granted the horses are also unsaddled so much like the worgen mountain horses but still, I also believe they'll update and remove unarmored human horses and worgen mountain horses. Looking at the kodo situation it's most likely scenario.

Well unfortunate for you, it's their game and their direction.

Deleted
    Updated horses in BfA? Any chance they might be available for Horde? I'm rather tired of not being able to find a non-magical or undead horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    New shiny nightsabers would be awesome. Some of the cat mounts added since MoP are awesome and i would love updated racial mounts of that quality. I have been making due with my vicious warsaber though.