Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    No...they just gave a few dozen people who earned something over a decade ago and numerous people who exploited a bug a few years later a free mount for doing nothing.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, it's kinda silly but doesnt really bother me that much.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Oh?

Well, guess Scarab Lords just got a free +1 then. It's a bit weird that they don't add a permanent updated Silithid mount for current players to earn though. Not the black one, but something at least. :<
    If that were case I would not even care about it but this cant be earned through the current content or something similar wich really grinds my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Well not really as the mount is usable by anyone with a subscription. If you mean those specific colours then maybe apply another fix?

You won't?

You just accused the wrong person and they corrected you, but you still think the accusation still applies? That's some effed up logic right there.
    Fact remains that the person in the screenshot cheesed it. My argument is still valid, even if the person who posted the screenshot isn't the Scarab Lord in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    If that were case I would not even care about it but this cant be earned through the current content or something similar wich really grinds my gears.
    True, it seems that for once, the outrage is not only reasonable but justified. It would indeed make more sense to have this very much current event give permanent rewards to current players at large, rather than the less than 0.1% (generous assumption) whom have the Scarab Lord FoS regardless of them still playing or not.

Deleted
    Can't wait to get shittalked by random strangers how I cheesed the title when i actually didn't.
    I like to use the scarab on my warrior, it's like in RL when you don't want to get rid of your car - I love it.

OT: As said before, this is just a recolor of something that will be available soon. I am no professionell designer or artist, but even I know that repainting textures isn't that time consuming.

You guys realize these updated aq mounts are only usable during the event right? None of them are permanent

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    True, it seems that for once, the outrage is not only reasonable but justified. It would indeed make more sense to have this very much current event give permanent rewards to current players at large, rather than the less than 0.1% (generous assumption) whom have the Scarab Lord FoS regardless of them still playing or not.
    The 0.1% that still have it, and the 0.1% of that 0.1% that were actually original ones.

But yeah, this stuff kind of contradicts what they did in Legion. In Legion, they gave an updated Rhok'delar skin for doing the MM hunter mage tower, and an updated Thunderfury as the rogue hidden skin. Why aren't those exclusive skins for people that earned the originals?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riproarin View Post
    You guys realize these updated aq mounts are only usable during the event right? None of them are permanent
    No. The black one is permanent. The other colors are not.

I think it is cool. It's rare for Blizzard to reward subs for loyalty, but this is a little something they did for those people. Whether those people fully deserved the mount during the initial opening of the gates, or whether they got 3 years later on new realms it doesn't matter.

I also think this is a case of "we made this new scarab model for BfA so we might as well update the black crystal".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Fact remains that the person in the screenshot cheesed it. My argument is still valid, even if the person who posted the screenshot isn't the Scarab Lord in it.
    Yes that fact remains, not sure anyone is refuting that. On the subject of facts;

FACT: You offered your congratulations to the wrong person.
    FACT: You were corrected and told to aim your "salt and jealousy" in a different direction.
    FACT: You refused because you feel the actual person in the picture deserved it.

You are quite literally accusing the person NEXT to the person guilty and even though you have been satisfactorily corrected, you refuse to retract your accusation.

Yes that fact remains, not sure anyone is refuting that. On the subject of facts;

FACT: You offered your congratulations to the wrong person.
    FACT: You were corrected and told to aim your "salt and jealousy" in a different direction.
    FACT: You refused because you feel the actual person in the picture deserved it.

You are quite literally accusing the person NEXT to the person guilty and even though you have been satisfactorily corrected, you refuse to retract your accusation.
    No, I'm telling him I won't retract my post just because they think it's salt and jealousy. My original point is still valid, that he dismissed it as salt and jealousy is his issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    If they compromise and upgrade the archaeology one I'll be happy
    This is probably the best decision they could do.

I mean, to me, it seems pretty clear they thought since they happened to update the other models, they might as well throw the black skin on it and give the Scarab Lords the new model too.

But it doesn't make much sense to leave the archaeology mount out of that (Which is the cooler mount in my opinion anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    Ah, I see. Yeah, it's kinda silly but doesnt really bother me that much.
    Blizz could of made this mount rare and obtainable...but instead they gave it to inactives and exploiters pretty much.

They could have ran a event where maybe a few people a year (this event) could earn it...but instead they did this.

Deleted
    No, I'm telling him I won't retract my post just because they think it's salt and jealousy. My original point is still valid, that he dismissed it as salt and jealousy is his issue.
    Ah I see, then you need to re-read their reply as that is not what they asked. They specifically told you to;

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Aim your salt and jealousy elsewhere
    Not retract it, because;

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    I'm the guy with the archaeology version.
    IMO, their description of your response was entirely appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is probably the best decision they could do.

I mean, to me, it seems pretty clear they thought since they happened to update the other models, they might as well throw the black skin on it and give the Scarab Lords the new model too.

But it doesn't make much sense to leave the archaeology mount out of that (Which is the cooler mount in my opinion anyway).
    Actually that is a good point, if the model was updated because they're updating models to make the game look better, why wouldn't they upgrade the others as well........

Ah I see, then you need to re-read their reply as that is not what they asked. They specifically told you to;

Not retract it, because;

IMO, their description of your response was entirely appropriate.
    Yes, and my point is that although he is not the Scarab Lord in the screenshot, the entire rest of the post, minus the part where it's aimed at him, is still valid.

Actually that is a good point, if the model was updated because they're updating models to make the game look better, why wouldn't they upgrade the others as well........
    They even made a blue scarab for the event, so I really don't see the reason, it seems like an oversight

Deleted
    minus the part where it's aimed at him
    WOOHOO you're getting there. This is the ONLY part they asked you to retract and your immediate response was;

I won't.
    In fact if your post had those two words removed, your point would remain intact but you would have removed your accusation towards the person you were replying to.

Deleted
    I'll never understand why people get so mad about people having things they don't. Some people in this thread are so desperate for everyone to be able to get the model of the new blank tank. Why? If everyone has it...it's not special. Seriously, you may cry 'so you want to be a unique snowflake?', yes, yes I do. There's nothing at all wrong with prestige. I want the WoD challenge weps. I don't have them. I'd never suggest blizzard bringing them back so I can have them, that's ridiculous. I love it when I see rare things in-game because rare is fun...rare is...RARE. If some people in this thread had their way nothing would be special.

At first I was upset, then I thought about it and figured, why not? Nice of Blizz to give something to people that have been playing their game for a long time and did something not everyone can do anymore.
    It's a nice way to reward loyalty and long time players. What's wrong with that?
    I guess people upset about it are the same people who are mad they don't get discounts that long term customers get, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    At first I was upset, then I thought about it and figured, why not? Nice of Blizz to give something to people that have been playing their game for a long time and did something not everyone can do anymore.
    It's a nice way to reward loyalty and long time players. What's wrong with that?
    I guess people upset about it are the same people who are mad they don't get discounts that long term customers get, huh?
    People who have this Title no longer play Retail, like me. It's a useless action that is going to benefit the two or three Retailers who have this title.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No. I am personally heavily appalled that, as the original owner of Rhok'delar, they gave the new model to "casual scrubs" playing today, rather than exclusively to people who got it originally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    People who have this Title no longer play Retail, like me. It's a useless action that is going to benefit the two or three Retailers who have this title.
    As well as the statistically many more that cheesed it in WoTLK and really didn't deserve the original at all, let alone a new one.