Vengeance DH Sims

I am coming from BDK and was able to pretty accurately sim myself for both ST and AoE dps. How is the raidbots(or any) sim accuracy for swimming Vengeance dps? If it works OK are there any settings or things I should look out for? If it doesn't, what are our alternatives?

It's really simple to work out top gear with a few sets but it's horribly cumbersome to try and figure it out for multiple gear sets when trying to optimize.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Hello,

Uhm, the question is, what's the most usual used gear and legendaries you mean?
    VDH is tricky, because could work with total mixed gear from m+, as defensive, the T20 set still pretty solid if you know how to keep up the bonus of 4p.
    But summarize, pretty much depend on the situation and the needs. If you think on raw dps, then you need related talents, trinkets, but if you would like to survive higher content, then you need more than a great healer and luck. For example, if you want to keep your active mitigation around 90+%, then you need a specific legendary (Oblivion's embrace) and if you don't need AM all the time then you have a bunch of option...

If you check the icy-veins guide (what has a bunch of not-so-correct thing) then you'll see how many combination possible.

...Because of this, it's considered as hard to simming a vdh, but the raidbot and simcraft seems realistic for me in dps wise pov (I did a few dozen of sims, was close to the reality for my toon).

I am pretty aware of the fact that the gearsets we ate using changes dynamically by run or by pill even on certain M+ levels. I personally have a total of ~8 gearsets that I run with. My main goal is to sim all my gear to get a hypothetical highest dps for ST/AoE. For example, if I already know I want to run dilmas or AHR for a specific pull I could see what best boosts them in the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by amantvoulu View Post
    I am coming from BDK and was able to pretty accurately sim myself for both ST and AoE dps. How is the raidbots(or any) sim accuracy for swimming Vengeance dps? If it works OK are there any settings or things I should look out for? If it doesn't, what are our alternatives?

It's really simple to work out top gear with a few sets but it's horribly cumbersome to try and figure it out for multiple gear sets when trying to optimize.

Thanks in advance!
    We do not have vengeance sims unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    We do not have vengeance sims unfortunately.
    Unfortunate but I guess it is what it is.i see you as somewhat of the DH theorycrafting guru So maybe you'll be the best person for this anyways.

Not necessarily asking to be walked through Steve by step or anything. I have read through the guide and see the state priorities and the info provided in legendaries. I am currently ~ILV966 and run ~21M+ decently. My goal here is to min/max to the best of my ability to provide the best output for the groups I run with.

Currently I approach M+ with the goal of maintaining the T21 4set on for the entire run in order to maximize my meta uptime for bugger pulls. I rotate legendaries between shoulders/legs/sephuz for AoE and AHR/legs/sephuz for ST. Trinkets... There are too many that I run with to expect you to work them out for me, lol. I currently gem/enchant for crit/agi and use hidden Satyr as I believe it provides the ?most overall benefit in M+?

Uaing the "15+ = equip" mindset, are there any slots where the ILV matters more? I believe different items have different budgets but I'm not sure how that works. I am trying to maximize the stats I get while still keeping my 4set going. If you had to choose, which slots would you care the least about ILV in order to maintain tier?

I know you do a ton of work for the DH community and I try to dive into as much of the info as I can manage to understand! I know you definitely don't need to take your time to help me individually but if you do I would greatly appreciate anything you can provide me.

Generally speaking, for the level of keys you're doing, I'd say the best way you can help the groups you run with is to gear and play more defensively so that you can do bigger pulls. My general reasoning is that anything you do to increase your own damage will be dwarfed by the gain your group gets from doing the bigger pulls. Though for affixes that prevent mass pulling you might want to try to push your own numbers more.

In terms of gear, the slot budgets don't matter since you're not upgrading a chest slot with bracers. The +15 ilvl = equip rule is pretty solid for slots with agility, with some exceptions for stats (e.g. you probably don't want 15k haste). Personally for keys I would recommend going primarily for mastery and then for vers or crit depending on how comfortable you are.

Take this all with a grain of salt of course. A lot of tanking comes down to how it feels and how comfortable you and your group are so if something works for you, especially doing keys that high, probably just go with it, and if you find something that works better great.