Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not sure what the writers want to do with the Darkspear trolls anymore. They keep changing leaders. You had Master Gadrin, then Rokhan outta nowhere and now this Bwemba is here. At least we know they'll soon break out of this crisis since Vol'jin is -obviously- coming back from the dead. (They've been shoving down this fact down our throats since the Legion ALPHA.)

Ji is a criminally underdeveloped character which is why I stopped giving a fuck about him in the first place. His relevancy does not go beyond the Wandering Isle questline which is the same case for Aysa. They may as well be removed from the game, their presence dont matter shit.

Now if Chen was there... that would be interesting. He's the Champion of the Horde afterall. I imagine Baine would invite him for nicely brewed drinks for the feast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    I'm not sure what the writers want to do with the Darkspear trolls anymore. They keep changing leaders. You had Master Gadrin, then Rokhan outta nowhere and now this Bwemba is here. At least we know they'll soon break out of this crisis since Vol'jin is -obviously- coming back from the dead. (They've been shoving down this fact down our throats since the Legion ALPHA.)
    Blizzard will soon remedy that problem by implementing Zandalari and destroying everything the Darkspears are
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I'm not sure what the writers want to do with the Darkspear trolls anymore. They keep changing leaders. You had Master Gadrin, then Rokhan outta nowhere and now this Bwemba is here.
    Eh, Rokhan was known since WC3, and Bwemba was known since Cata, and both were, per blue post, considered to be leading the Darkspear after Vol'jin's death. We just need a little bit more consistence.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Blizzard will soon remedy that problem by implementing Zandalari and destroying everything the Darkspears are
    I actually hope that by contrasting them with the Zandalari, the Darkspear will be characterized more. Wasn't there also some talk of questlines for each player race, to expand upon their story/current status?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    I don't think 99% of the playerbase could name a single other Dark Spear Troll than Vol'Jin.

Focus will shift more to Zandalari anyway in BfA I guess.

Ji is a criminally underdeveloped character which is why I stopped giving a fuck about him in the first place. His relevancy does not go beyond the Wandering Isle questline which is the same case for Aysa. They may as well be removed from the game, their presence dont matter shit.

Now if Chen was there... that would be interesting. He's the Champion of the Horde afterall. I imagine Baine would invite him for nicely brewed drinks for the feast.
    If Chen was there things would be a lot more interesting for sure. To be honest, Chen should have been the Horde pandaren representative.

Speaking of Champions, where the hell is Rexxar!?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Eh, Rokhan was known since WC3, and Bwemba was known since Cata, and both were, per blue post, considered to be leading the Darkspear after Vol'jin's death. We just need a little bit more consistence.
    Actually, I was hoping that Vanira would lead the tribe. Considering she was Vol'jin's right hand...

I actually hope that by contrasting them with the Zandalari, the Darkspear will be characterized more. Wasn't there also some talk of questlines for each player race, to expand upon their story/current status?
    I'd love that. But I'm pretty sure the sole Troll focus on BfA will be on the Zandalari. Darkspears might get a little "oh hey, new troll here" moment but that's it.
    I bet they don't even bat an eye at having their former "enemies" joining the Horde.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://wowpedia.org/Ji_Firepaw#Legion

Although even if they remained as the respective leaders of the Pandaren factions, there should have been some kind of representative, second-in-command present.
    Wow, did Blizzard really just retcon Pandaren pvp? Lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    It's almost it's been established there are different Factions and she helped stopped Zul.....
    Has it? Empirically?

Yeah, but then Li Li would have to lead the Alliance haha

I too worry about this. Really seems like the Horde is going from a strong Darkspear Troll subfaction identity to a pan-troll identity. There were already Amani in the Second War, and Witherbark ofc, but if this is the trade they better do it up right and really flesh out the trolls. If allied races means every tribe that doesn't worship Hakkar or kill their Lwa is flooding the Horde then I want to see Tor'Watha up in Eversong Woods and every ziggurat around Azeroth flying Horde banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I don't think 99% of the playerbase could name a single other Dark Spear Troll than Vol'Jin.
    I had to Google Vanira tbh. The Darkspear fans are few but proud, and I thank them for it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

I bet they don't even bat an eye at having their former "enemies" joining the Horde.
    Eh, the Horde and the Darkspear never were at odds with the main Zandalari faction, it was Zul's followers that stirred the resurgence of the Gurubashi and the Amani during Cataclysm, and cooperated with the Mogu in MoP.

There may be prejudices and some enmity, but not outright hostility.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Wow, did Blizzard really just retcon Pandaren pvp? Lmfao

Has it? Empirically?

Yeah, but then Li Li would have to lead the Alliance haha

I too worry about this. Really seems like the Horde is going from a strong Darkspear Troll subfaction identity to a pan-troll identity. There were already Amani in the Second War, and Witherbark ofc, but if this is the trade they better do it up right and really flesh out the trolls. If allied races means every tribe that doesn't worship Hakkar or kill their Lwa is flooding the Horde then I want to see Tor'Watha up in Eversong Woods and every ziggurat around Azeroth flying Horde banners.

I had to Google Vanira tbh. The Darkspear fans are few but proud, and I thank them for it.
    At the start of BfA the Zandalari are in a civil war....so yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the Horde and the Darkspear never were at odds with the main Zandalari faction, it was Zul's followers that stirred the resurgence of the Gurubashi and the Amani during Cataclysm, and cooperated with the Mogu in MoP.
    But how many of the "main faction" joined Zul? How many died? How many sailed back and swore fealty again?

I could see this differing between races. The Blood Elves and Pandaren may hold particular grudges.

At the start of BfA the Zandalari are in a civil war....so yes?
    What do the Blood Trolls have to do with Zul? What did I miss?
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

7+ Year Old Account

Vol'jin believed that it was Rastakhan who was stirring up trouble:

Vol'jin says: Dat I was. Da Zandalari called a meeting 'o all da troll tribes includin' da Darkspears.
    Vol'jin says: King Rastakhan, he be plannin' to unite da troll tribes under his Zandalari.
    Vereesa Windrunner says: Including the Amani?
    Vol'jin says: Da Amani, da Gurubashi, all 'o dem. He be dispatchin' emissaries to every tribe.
    Halduron Brightwing says: My scouts have reported nothing but quiet outside Zul'Aman.
    Vol'jin says: Dey be holed up inside da ruined city, regroupin'.
    Vol'jin says: Rastakhan be callin' me his brother, but da Horde be our true brothers. We gotta stop him before he can sweet-talk the others into joinin' his empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin believed that it was Rastakhan who was stirring up trouble:
    True. It's hard to find the truth here.

Deleted
    But how many of the "main faction" joined Zul? How many died? How many sailed back and swore fealty again?

I could see this differing between races. The Blood Elves and Pandaren may hold particular grudges.

What do the Blood Trolls have to do with Zul? What did I miss?
    For Zuls wowpedia

'The Zandalari now face a civil war between the followers of Zul and the followers of Rastakhan. Zul and his lieutenant, Yazma, have corrupted the once pristine tombs of Atal'Dazar on Mount Mugamba. They seek to twist the power of the ancient kings buried there for their own dark machinations.'

However I believe the blood trolls and Zul are two different threats. But i expect him to show up in the halls of Control

- - - Updated - - -

During Mop it was also shown Rastakhan was outplayed by Zul. Rastakhan hasn't planned for the cataclysm where as Zul did. Many flocked to Zul over Rastakhan. With This In mind it's easy to see how Rastakhan would initially side with Zul to remain in power. This shared power seems to have broken down come BFA.

This is of course head canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    For Zuls wowpedia

'The Zandalari now face a civil war between the followers of Zul and the followers of Rastakhan. Zul and his lieutenant, Yazma, have corrupted the once pristine tombs of Atal'Dazar on Mount Mugamba. They seek to twist the power of the ancient kings buried there for their own dark machinations.'

However I believe the blood trolls and Zul are two different threats. But i expect him to show up in the halls of Control
    Can I just point out that "Yazma" is probably a reference to the Emperor's New Groove?

I think Blood Trolls are being used by Zul in some manner

Deleted
    Can I just point out that "Yazma" is probably a reference to the Emperor's New Groove?

Ooooh I missed that.

Fair assumption at this point. Hakkar presumably has some role as well (he better anyway).

Bwemba gave 5 quests 4 expansions ago. Why doesn't everyone recognize her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thanks a lot.

Are they? Exploiting the victims of the Cataclysm is kind of his thing, but I imagined those were the ones that didn't heed him, and ended up worshipping Hakkar or something.

I meant to say this earlier but I would love to go back to Sunken Temple.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are they? Exploiting the victims of the Cataclysm is kind of his thing, but I imagined those were the ones that didn't heed him, and ended up worshipping Hakkar or something.
    He could be manipulating them from the shadows, so to speak.
    I don't think Blood Trolls would take any real advice from a Male

10+ Year Old Account
    He could be manipulating them from the shadows, so to speak.
    I imagine Yazma would make a suitable candidate given your criteria:

I don't think Blood Trolls would take any real advice from a Male
    Why is that though? I can't imagine you would say that without good reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is that though? I can't imagine you would say that without good reason.
    Their society is matriarchal; males follow the orders from females without question lest they get chained up and punished or outright sacrificed