Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QQnoob View Post
    If the mobs in the outdoor world at level 60 is buffed by ~300% should not the raid mobs be adjusted accordingly?
    :thinking:
    No, because the point in increasing the outdoor world buff was to go along with the scaling done so that the leveling process feels proper instead of one shot this and that. The raids are not a part of the leveling process for almost anyone.

The old raids were mostly a go back and take a look at old stuff and farm some mogs, mounts, gold in your spare time. They kind of kicked that in the teeth, and I'm guessing it is an accident since they never mentioned increasing any scaling for the old raids or health changes. Appears to be an unintended side effect of the change, until a blue comes out and says otherwise.

This isn't to say some aren't going to like this change, but overall most folks are going to be against it. I'm leaving out those who don't care. Especially without Blizzard mentioning this as an intended thing. It feels like an accident. Didn't we have this happen before and the same outcry?
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2018-01-17 at 07:44 PM.

I don't see any benefit to making raids that were easy to solo last week impossible to do alone. I spend a lot of my WoW time soloing old instances lately, this patch basically cut my available gameplay in half. Hopefully Blizzard will change this quickly, I don't think waiting 8 months is really how I want to progress my character, and grouping for transmog/mount runs is a recipe for disaster (source: I carried a friend through ICC 25H once).

10+ Year Old Account
    Honest question: why did they make this change?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oooh, what a great idea. Now we just have to wait 8+ months to play the game.
    Really smart move.
    No one is forcing you to do transmog runs. Make a group or go with a friend. I'm sure this change was intended by Blizzard. Trust me I want to farm sets on my alt too; I just have to go with someone now If I intend to do WOD raids. Whoopty doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    No one is forcing you to do transmog runs. Make a group or go with a friend. I'm sure this change was intended by Blizzard. Trust me I want to farm sets on my alt too; I just have to go with someone now If I intend to do WOD raids. Whoopty doo.
    I'm sure it was intended as well.
    It was a stupid change that ruined a large part of the game though. Not that I'm surprised though.

They've been at it for a while now, for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Honest question: why did they make this change?
    That is the million dollar question, I am normally a Blizzard defender and can rationalize most changes they make, but this one is beyond me.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

I don't think bringing your friends on mount runs builds those connections they want to encourage. Who wants to bring a guildmate along who wants the same mounts that you do, it's basically a 50% cut to the drop rate of items that are already extremely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm sure it was intended as well.
    It was a stupid change that ruined a large part of the game though. Not that I'm surprised though.

They've been at it for a while now, for whatever reason.
    Like I said; I'm not really a fan of the change either. I can understand they wanted to smooth out the leveling process and I guess they included raids for some reason. Having to go with more people now is going to have to the be the thing It sucks but what do you do right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    That is the million dollar question, I am normally a Blizzard defender and can rationalize most changes they make, but this one is beyond me.
    Considering how much effort they spent in ensuring everyone that soloing ability wouldn't be affected by the previous stat squish, I would assume this was an unintended consequence of the leveling changes and that a fix will be incoming shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    What they're forcing, is me not to be able to do content that I was doing literally last week. The only content that was going to be relevant to me during the gap between this expac and the next. They took away a *huge* reason people stay subbed and playing during the down time. I cannot fathom why they thought this was a good idea.

Partnering up with total strangers (or at least attempting to) and then watching them win the "roll" on a mount I've been farming for literally years isn't even close to an acceptable answer.

Taking things away from players that a lot of people enjoy, and that they have been doing for years and years, for absolutely no reason, is not acceptable to me, or to a lot of the playerbase.
    QFT. Ridiculous to accept this nonsensical change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    What's that got to do with the stat squish mavfin said?

EVERYONE know's theres a content drought at about this time.... Deal with it -.-
    That happens to be how many of us entertain ourselves during those content droughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have several friends who have cancelled their sub because of this change, it'll be interesting to see Blizzard's response, but it seems to be intentional.
    Signatures are overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I find this to be a needless change, and - assuming it isn't a bug of some kind - they really should explain their thinking on it.
    IF i were to play devils advocate, it might have happened because they did a flat increase across all levels up to current with no consideration for raids.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Do you have a guild, or friends ? Or go to forums and find someone with an alt who is farming the same instances. On your main / their alt you get everything. On their main / your alt they get everything.

Having to play an MMO with other people for a few months (or more likely a few days/weeks until they hotfix a change) is not the end of the world (of warcraft).
    I do not currently have a guild, since you asked. I've been in a few casual ones since I stopped raiding, but the members did absolutely nothing, and it simply filled by chat box with juvenile nonsense.
    I play the game in the manner that works for my life and schedule, and do not agree with a change to how I had been playing the game in the last couple of cycles. That is my prerogative.
    The argument "this is an MMO" didn't matter to Blizzard for years and years, so why suddenly care about my being social with a complete stranger on outdated, irrelevant content?

And I highly doubt that I would find a stranger so altruistic to allow me to take a mount without them rolling on their alt.

As others have asked: why? Why would Blizzard intentionally do something like this to take away an extremely popular activity during a long stretch of down time?
    Being "social" with 1-2 strangers you'll never speak to again isn't the answer.

I'm still soloing Mogu Shan for Elegon mount, pre update I've been easily farming 10 HC, and could do 25 HC on all my alts (850ish ilvl). Now, after the update, on most of them I can only do that on 10 Normal. So yeah, I've noticed the difference.

Prior to the patch, I was barely able to solo SOO with my 2 strongest characters, I doubt it will be possible now at all.

Haven't tried DS yet, but it's from Cata so I assume it will be easily doable. Still I might prefer to use 10h instead of 25h to speed it up.

I hate this change.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Either needs a legacy damage buff or a health hotfix. Raids aren't places meant for leveling...

I do not currently have a guild, since you asked. I've been in a few casual ones since I stopped raiding, but the members did absolutely nothing, and it simply filled by chat box with juvenile nonsense.
    I play the game in the manner that works for my life and schedule, and do not agree with a change to how I had been playing the game in the last couple of cycles. That is my prerogative.
    The argument "this is an MMO" didn't matter to Blizzard for years and years, so why suddenly care about my being social with a complete stranger on outdated, irrelevant content?

And I highly doubt that I would find a stranger so altruistic to allow me to take a mount without them rolling on their alt.

As others have asked: why? Why would Blizzard intentionally do something like this to take away an extremely popular activity during a long stretch of down time?
    That really is the question, at this point i'm leaning towards 'oops!' as the answer, just like it was the last time the screwed this up. There's literally no logical explanation. The only thing that makes any sense is:

We have no technical way to exclude raid mobs when doing this scaling thing.

It better not be that; they gonna have a lot of unhappy customers and ex-customers.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    That really is the question, at this point i'm leaning towards 'oops!' as the answer, just like it was the last time the screwed this up. There's literally no logical explanation. The only thing that makes any sense is:

We have no technical way to exclude raid mobs when doing this scaling thing.

It better not be that; they gonna have a lot of unhappy customers and ex-customers.
    Probably more of an effect of global multiplier code instead of adjusting hundreds of individual npc's 1 by 1.

Deleted
    It just seems like they want the scaling of player power to be consistent, meaning that a pandaria 20 man raid requires 20x lvl 90s. Lvl 90 power went up without the power of lvl 90 content, it sorta makes sense. There's also people who like trying the raids at their proper level. Smaller amount than people who look for transmogs maybe but still.

Bfa is going to give another spike of power meaning people can solo up to wod again while needing some help for legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine this makes Ambershaper and Dark Animus much harder. Good thing I'm not looking for any more MoP Tmog atm!