Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post
    So basically, he takes another body and place his spirit inside ?

I can't read too long suff on my screen, my eyes are damage enough
    Yes. He is a new first-generation style death knight. He shows no signs of rot like his brethren because his soul was put inside a body that was still living at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post
    What I find interesting is (beside for story telling aspect), how did Gallywix's Goblins get to Silithus before anyone else!!? NE Stronghold in Feralas is just north and closer compared to Thousand Needle and Tanaris, and wtf were the Cenarion Circle doing in the mean time!!?
    The cenarian circle that were in silithus? Everyone in silithus was killed. Goblins have a base in Ungoro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    Those cinematics are uncharacteristically not cringeworthy
    Probably because they were written by someone who knows what she’s doing aka Christie Golden. She’s written a lot of pretty good shit.

I was very surprised tbh. Usually in game cinematics are pretty cringeworthy but these two were really damn good. They did a lot of facial expressions/eye movements that made it feel more realistic as well (like Baine watching gallywix get up and walk to sylvanas).

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ugh... we get the "some mysterious material makes everyone crazy" plot line???
    I'm leaning this way myself. Not happy about it, but just showing a glowing rock to people in a world filled with strange glowing rocks and not saying anything was a little stupid. Would have liked to hear a bit of what Gally told Sylvannas to get her to give a fuck about it. Otherwise all I'm getting is the my precious vibe from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matolen View Post
    I swear I heard the "Superman Theme" in the beginning of the Alliance cutscene.
    You misheard. It was a James bond theme. If you read the text quest you'd know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Every race shown in Horde, a bunch of humans on the Alliance one, a shame.
    +1

That was my main takeaway as well. "Horde vs Humans" is the new name of the game, it seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Dude, WHAT?

The horde is on an excavation mission, then the Alliance decides to intervene, and Horde is the bad guy??

YOU SERIOUS??

From my point of view, azerite clearly corrupts everyone who touches it. See both Sylvanas' and Anduin's reactions when they touch it. Corruption will spread in both factions, their lust for power will lead to the war.
    You are sugesting Azeroth's blood is corrupted? That makes no sense. If she was already corrupted we would have already lost.

The azerite blood is the raw power of a titan. Simply put, it's power. The only thing corrupting anyone is greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You are sugesting Azeroth's blood is corrupted? That makes no sense. If she was already corrupted we would have already lost.

The azerite blood is the raw power of a titan. Simply put, it's power. The only thing corrupting anyone is greed.
    There is a possibility that when Sargeras stabbed Silithus the sword pierced both C'thun and Azeroth, causing both of their bloods to mix.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is really annoying. Our planet is dying and people use it’s life essence as a resource. It’s not what I have been wiping in raids for so many years to see we end up like this, because of greed. I hope the planet can be healed somehow. Maybe Khadgar will think of something..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SammanScopie View Post
    There is a possibility that when Sargeras stabbed Silithus the sword pierced both C'thun and Azeroth, causing both of their bloods to mix.
    Wut? Where do you see proof of this? That sounds as just speculation.

Not that it couldn't happen, but there has to be something at least sugesting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    +1

That was my main takeaway as well. "Horde vs Humans" is the new name of the game, it seems.
    It was originally orcs vs humans no?

I don’t understand people who wants to kill sylvanas,
    The real question is “ blizzard why do you promote someone as warchief when he/she does not care for the horde, or why do you make sylvanas this cold about horde” ( i know she is banshee ofc)

hahaha indeed buddy, indeed!

I was hoping the leaders would be at least a little worried about the sword and the aftermath of Sargeras' attack but nah... they just want the crystallized power. That is why mana gem was mage only, everybody else goes batshit crazy from such stuff.

The real question about Sylvans is - what does she know?
    Because she clearly knows something that humans have no idea about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    The real question about Sylvans is - what does she know?
    Because she clearly knows something that humans have no idea about.
    That is a good point!

"This...will change everything"

"WHAT IS THIS??"

Somehow, Sylvanas either knows of Azerite or knows enough about magic to make an assumption, whereas SI7 had no idea, just that Goblins seemed to want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was originally orcs vs humans no?
    Originally but it drastically evovled to the Horde vs Alliance. However if you compare both cinematics the Horde shows every racial leader, it gives Baine (tauren), Saurfang (orc), Gallywix (goblin), and Sylvanas (undead) time to talk/shine. The Alliance showed Manduin (human), Greymane (worgen but in human form), and Shaw (human) time to show. Big difference xD

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Originally but it drastically evovled to the Horde vs Alliance. However if you compare both cinematics the Horde shows every racial leader, it gives Baine (tauren), Saurfang (orc), Gallywix (goblin), and Sylvanas (undead) time to talk/shine. The Alliance showed Manduin (human), Greymane (worgen but in human form), and Shaw (human) time to show. Big difference xD
    Well..... we could spin it this way...

The Horde just shows the "leaders" the elites... the rest of the population of the Horde matter not.. The Alliance is about everyone the common folks.... not just a table full of elites!

The Alliance is all about the third estate not the king and second estate!!! The Horde is just the old regime just needing to be pulled down... The Alliance is all about the 3rd estate the common people the 95% that run the country..... !!!

Or some other pulled out of you butt reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well..... we could spin it this way...

The Horde just shows the "leaders" the elites... the rest of the population of the Horde matter not.. The Alliance is about everyone the common folks.... not just a table full of elites!

The Alliance is all about the third estate not the king and second estate!!! The Horde is just the old regime just needing to be pulled down... The Alliance is all about the 3rd estate the common people the 95% that run the country..... !!!

Or some other pulled out of you butt reasons.
    I think you either got defensive or missed the point completely. The Horde was focused on the leaders, but it showed all of them united at one table.. The Alliance showed the common folk, but even then looking at the video it is still mainly human commonfolk. While I know it is in Stormwind this has just reinforced the idea that it's the "Alliance and friends vs The Horde".

Put aside fanboism for a second and take a look, it's right there and it's why people weren't as hyped about the Alliance one. The Alliance has the potential to easily make the Horde look like shit, they have the potential to be amazing if they just remember that the Alliance is more than the humans. Anyways just had to point it out to you was all, when you asked about it originally being orcs vs. humans and now it's what?
    Horde vs Humans and Friends or Horde vs. Humans and commonfolk lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I think you either got defensive or missed the point completely. The Horde was focused on the leaders, but it showed all of them united at one table.. The Alliance showed the common folk, but even then looking at the video it is still mainly human commonfolk. While I know it is in Stormwind this has just reinforced the idea that it's the "Alliance and friends vs The Horde".

Put aside fanboism for a second and take a look, it's right there and it's why people weren't as hyped about the Alliance one. The Alliance has the potential to easily make the Horde look like shit, they have the potential to be amazing if they just remember that the Alliance is more than the humans. Anyways just had to point it out to you was all, when you asked about it originally being orcs vs. humans and now it's what?
    Horde vs Humans and Friends or Horde vs. Humans and commonfolk lol.
    Its not, in fact, i heard many times as to how diverse Stormwind population because of the cinematic.

The alliance one doesn't need to have all the leaders on it because the majority already received screentime in some shape or form before and now the screentime is being given to the Alliance character that needs it for development, while at the same time trying to show "the people of the Alliance"]

Puting my Bias on now, the Horde kinda needs to put every single Horde on the same table to remind everyone that they exist.I mean, only 3 of those on table actually did anything in this expansion.Which is Liandry,Sylvanas and Nathanos.

While comparing to the Alliance where even before the expansion begun we had the comic with the Dwarfs and Magni, Genn in stormheim, Tyrande in Val'sharah and Suramar and Velen in the whole expansion.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Its not, in fact, i heard many times as to how diverse Stormwind population because of the cinematic.

The alliance one doesn't need to have all the leaders on it because the majority already received screentime in some shape or form before and now the screentime is being given to the Alliance character that needs it for development, while at the same time trying to show "the people of the Alliance"]

Puting my Bias on now, the Horde kinda needs to put every single Horde on the same table to remember everyone that they exist.I mean, only 3 of those on table actually did anything in this expansion.Which is Liandry,Sylvanas and Nathanos.

While comparing to the Alliance where even before the expansion begun we had the comic with the Dwarfs and Magni, Genn in stormheim, Tyrande in Val'sharah and Suramar and Velen in the whole expansion.
    To be fair, Velen was more neutral than anything this expansion but including him doesn't hurt the Hordes case because his people were devastated at what the Legion had done.

Val'Sharah was originally a night elf area, the Horde had almost no reason being here while Tyrande and Malfurion had every reason to be there. Nathanos was in Stormheim for the Horde along with Sylvanas which was equal to Genn being there.Comics I don't read so I'll quietly take a seat. Suramar had the blood elves equally out the night elves with the nightbourne. Overall the Horde has had it's place where possible without awkwardly forcing the Horde into every zone just because. My only complaint was that Highmountain would have been perfect for Baine to have showed up.

Back onto the topic, I just believe the Horde video had been done better as it allowed more than one race to be shown. Baine speech was perfect, Saurfangs Silithus PTSD was perfect, Gallywix's dum dee doo was amusing, and Sylvanas still looked shady. Alliance was Manduin giving a perfect speech, Genn smiling then talking with Shaw, then three humans huddling over a piece of azerite. If Alleria and Turalyon had been there or at least a dwarven leader and Velen it would have been better imo.