Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvese89 View Post
    Q_Q honestly. I missed getting this mount in Vanilla since the AQ gates opened at like 5am on my server..

This game needs more rewards that are restricted/special. Hardly anything in the game is rare enough that it makes you wish Blizz would bring it back - things like the amani war bear or the glasses transmog from the vanilla quest line are special because you can't get them anymore and are kind of status symbols showing people that "yea, I was there".
    I'd rather have missed it entirely than to have my gm at the time log on after the guild (as a whole agreed to come on the following day and do a /roll to decide who gets it logged off) and took it for himself. Also, screw that zg tiger for never dropping!
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Yes he complained that people didn't admire his tank enough (in reference to why he hated flying. This was years ago), but I have no way of knowing if he wanted a new mount for himself.

To be fair- if they were refreshing the mounts for the event anyway, they probably do the art assets in a way that's easy to recolor because they always, always recolor them. Once the model and base texture were made it probably only took five more minutes to make an additional black one.
    Holy wow, that's petty.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT'S WILD SPECULATION TIME!!

Maybe this means the vanilla servers in a player's account will somehow still add to main account's inventories, like xmogs of old pvp gear for the live game, and the same with old mounts.

...which could in turn mean Blizzard is using this updated mount as bait for people to play Vanilla and get Scarab Lord as a mean to justify the extra cost Blizzard will have developing it and perhaps players for playing.

Gosh dangit, this tinfoil hat sure is tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Holy wow, that's petty.
    To continue being fair, giving a brand new mount as a reward to people who rang a gong 10+ years ago who were already rewarded with an exclusive title, the only legendary mount in the game, and prestige is pretty petty too. Or maybe it just looks super petty given Ion is the game director. But I'm not an insider so I can only speculate, and holy crap it takes nothing to go from 0 to WTF with this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, they didn't make a new mount specifically for Scarab Lords. They were making the new Qiraji mounts anyways and simply set aside one of the recolors for the scarab lords. How much effort do you think it takes for them to add one more color onto a model already designed? I'm guessing not much.

Aren't these new silithid mounts only usable during 21-23th January?

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    IT'S WILD SPECULATION TIME!!

Maybe this means the vanilla servers in a player's account will somehow still add to main account's inventories, like xmogs of old pvp gear for the live game, and the same with old mounts.

...which could in turn mean Blizzard is using this updated mount as bait for people to play Vanilla and get Scarab Lord as a mean to justify the extra cost Blizzard will have developing it and perhaps players for playing.

Gosh dangit, this tinfoil hat sure is tight.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this right away. And I'm not even excited that much for Classic. But Conspiracy Theory is so fun...but not allowed and I'm on an infraction...in game conspiracy theory is okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Dude, they didn't make a new mount specifically for Scarab Lords. They were making the new Qiraji mounts anyways and simply set aside one of the recolors for the scarab lords. How much effort do you think it takes for them to add one more color onto a model already designed? I'm guessing not much.
    ...thus making it a nice touch as a small "thank you" for people who stuck around this long.

But that would be using logic. And that's frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So there’s no way to get one of the new models of any colour at all then? Unless you’re some hardcore vanilla player?

Waste of development time if you ask me. Like most of 7.3.5.
    I'm pretty sure the scarabs are used as a mob too in the new questline?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Aren't these new silithid mounts only usable during 21-23th January?
    This thread is about the black one awarded to people with Scarab Lord. That one is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    I believe it costs 1 raid tier.

I'm sorry. I couldn't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So there’s no way to get one of the new models of any colour at all then? Unless you’re some hardcore vanilla player?

Waste of development time if you ask me. Like most of 7.3.5.
    Blizzard pretty much never wastes development time. If they make a new model, you sure as hell know you are going to be staring at the model soon enough for months on end. Just wait. New model = you just gained a prominent role.

Another important thing to notice is that the new mount has no saddle. This is a straight up NPC.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-01-17 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This thread is about the black one awarded to people with Scarab Lord. That one is permanent.
    Hmph, then it is certainly unfair. Idc about them getting a unique recolour, but at least all 3 should be permanent.

so many complaints about something that is so insignificant.. this is why the game has become so casual and nobody gets to be special..

even if a vast majority of the people that own the mounts attained it through exploitation nine years ago, does it really matter?

and to actually take the time to look up a person's achievements from a screenshot that was taken to prove they got it at a later date really just shows how salty you kids have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    ...thus making it a nice touch as a small "thank you" for people who stuck around this long.

But that would be using logic. And that's frowned upon.
    But what about the 99.99% of people that "have stuck around" this long who DIDN'T use the exploit to gain the mount?

And for those not using the exploit, What about all the other majority of people that have been around this long that worked hard at the actual event for their Guildmaster to get a mount? Most of them, the GM isn't even playing anymore so it's even more of a fuck you.

Even if this had been the new Gladiator mount, or a somehow even more eclusive new mount I could never get, I really wouldn't have an issue here.
    There's no logic at all to the deicision to give a NEW mount to these players though who already have the rarest and most prestigious mount in game. It breaks any precedents they've already set.

I've been wrapping my head around it, but the only explanation that even makes logical sense is that Ion and other developers were sad their Battle tanks weren't snowflake enough anymore so gave themselves an updated model

Quote Originally Posted by ZettZu View Post
    so many complaints about something that is so insignificant.. this is why the game has become so casual and nobody gets to be special..
    Not at all. You do get to be special. You can get gladiator mounts, you can get current achievement mounts, you can get a 2 million spider mount, you can get the new Mythic mounts. There are many ways you can get new prestige mounts to "be special".

OR... you can have the ORIGINAL Battle tank mount and title, which is already a HUGE prestige reward. Probably one of the biggest in game. . Backdating a NEW reward for an achievment from 10 years ago makes no logical sense. Are we going to have new models for the old Gladiator mounts because they don't look good enough anymore? NO. Because the devs don't have them.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-01-17 at 09:51 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Aim your salt and jealousy elsewhere, I'm the guy with the archaeology version.
    I laughed so hard at this that I almost forgot that I am very salty about Scarab Lords getting a new mount for free 10 years later.

if you wait long enough you will see all the models updated, they do it constantly. just painfully slow

Quote Originally Posted by ZettZu View Post
    if you wait long enough you will see all the models updated, they do it constantly. just painfully slow
    They've NEVER replaced an old mount with a different new model before though.

New Gryphins and Wyverns were for new achievements.
    New Raven Lord was Collectors edition mount
    There's even talk the new horse model will be the BFA Collectors Edition mount.
    New Dreaenor Talbuks were for new reputations

There's never been a case before where they've made a brand new mount, but just given it to players with an older similar version for free because they didn't want to take the specialness away from those players.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    So people who already had a rare unobtainable mount get another one? I'm baffled, unless there's a plan to make one or the other available soon. I'm sensing old gods making a comeback and with that AQ40 making a timewalking comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    They've NEVER replaced an old mount with a different new model before though.

New Gryphins and Wyverns were for new achievements.
    New Raven Lord was Collectors edition mount
    There's even talk the new horse model will be the BFA Collectors Edition mount.
    New Dreaenor Talbuks were for new reputations

There's never been a case before where they've made a brand new mount, but just given it to players with an older similar version for free because they didn't want to take the specialness away from those players.
    I hope they make one new horse model mount and give it only to the owners of the original, retired Palomino mount. :^)