Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix516 View Post
    What's that got to do with the stat squish mavfin said?

EVERYONE know's theres a content drought at about this time.... Deal with it -.-
    Oh, yeah, great idea! How to solve content drought? Give people even -less- to do!
    ...Wait what

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad some folks enjoy a challenge but a lot of this content is obsolete. If you really want a challenge go make a character at that level and experience the content.

Let the rest of us farm our xmog in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

This patch brought so many bugs for current content (despawning pets, bosses hanging) and technical issues (framerate drops for many people) that it's obvious soloing old raids is not a top priority on their agenda right now.

But I fully expect there will be fixes to those raids, either a damage aura as in older raids or reducing/removing the scaling in those raids.
    Also wod dungeons need a nerf, Bloodmaul Slagmines is also pretty impossible to do with a leveling group, we had already 4 boulder phases on the fire bridge boss when he was at 50% and the healer oom, and that was in an fully heirloomed experienced group.

They will collect and evaluate the data they get and then apply nerfs appropriately.

Who in their right mind decided to buff legacy raids ????? They would know this would cause a pretty big riot right ? If anything we need some nerfs here and there and less RP in old content...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly noticeable in MoP raids I hear. It pretty much brought their difficulty up to WoD difficulty, making them a lot harder to solo.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    IF i were to play devils advocate, it might have happened because they did a flat increase across all levels up to current with no consideration for raids.
    This would be a viable explanation if there wasn't a month's worth of posts on the PTR forum telling them the scaling was fucked.

But what do we know right? It's not like we play this game every day or anything.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-01-17 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    No ones forcing you to do transmog/mount runs. Unfortunately you will have to go with a partner/group now or wait until you are 120. I find it highly doubtful that blizzard is going to change this because it's on obsolete content in their minds. It sucks I agree; I want to get some transmogs on my alt during this content lull. Reality is the change happened. Accept it and move forward.
    Why? It was fine for years, they even made changes to allow bosses to be soloed. Change for the sake of change? What is the actual point of it? Players of the indended level almost never raid the appropriate instances. And group up? No, sorry, sharing mounts is not my cup of tea.
    All it does is add timesink (to burn through all those hundreds of millions of HP and to find groups). Challenge? Yeah, right...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Which Sha are you talking about? ToES Sha? There's no one-shot mechanic.
    Try Sha of Pride Mythic. Have fun with a fight resetting all the time because you can't make the timer until banish (you need 341% more dps than before).
    There actually is a 1 shot mechanics. Since you're alone, you can't pass the light on to other people. Mini sha's reaching you = Instant death.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Oh thank god we'll only have to deal with this for six months!

Yeah I mean.. I make 600k from order halls a week doing almost nothing so obviously making 5 year old raids harder to solo is to slow the gold making process.
    That's a pretty tolerable estimate for 8.0, and not very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    BlizzCS people are the same ones who when asked about how the +15 conversion week would work were completely wrong. I wouldn't put that much stock in what they think is intentional or not because half the time they're fucking clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    BlizzCS people are the same ones who when asked about how the +15 conversion week would work were completely wrong. I wouldn't put that much stock in what they think is intentional or not because half the time they're fucking clueless.
    right
    thanks for reassurance

This is one of the worst changes ever implemented and completely goes against past things Blizzard has said about the topic. This has to be a bug.

i got 1 raid mount left to get and that's seige im gona see if i can solo it on my 956 bm hunter after i kill the world bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    No one is forcing you to do transmog runs. Make a group or go with a friend. I'm sure this change was intended by Blizzard. Trust me I want to farm sets on my alt too; I just have to go with someone now If I intend to do WOD raids. Whoopty doo.
    And no one is forcing you to raid or pvp or whatever it is you do in game. But imagine raiding current content and them suddenly saying, "well, we increased the health of raid bosses by 57% as a result of us increasing all the world mobs by a similar amount to feel better with level scaling." You'd be pissed, I imagine? For a lot of folks, during the content drought, transmog runs ARE the current content they have that keeps them coming back. Without that, they cancel subscriptions, which means Blizzard risks people not bothering to come back for the next expansion after being away for a while. Or they come back super casual and barely play and eventually quit for good. That is a risk Blizzard has proven they are unwilling to take.

This is a shit change and you arguing that people should just suck it up is an asinine response. You don't care because you don't do them? Fine, great. Don't shit on people who are upset that Blizzard greatly nerfed their ability to actually enjoy the game during a content drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    I do not currently have a guild, since you asked. I've been in a few casual ones since I stopped raiding, but the members did absolutely nothing, and it simply filled by chat box with juvenile nonsense.
    I play the game in the manner that works for my life and schedule, and do not agree with a change to how I had been playing the game in the last couple of cycles. That is my prerogative.
    The argument "this is an MMO" didn't matter to Blizzard for years and years, so why suddenly care about my being social with a complete stranger on outdated, irrelevant content?

And I highly doubt that I would find a stranger so altruistic to allow me to take a mount without them rolling on their alt.

As others have asked: why? Why would Blizzard intentionally do something like this to take away an extremely popular activity during a long stretch of down time?
    Being "social" with 1-2 strangers you'll never speak to again isn't the answer.
    I offered solutions to this temporary problem, discount them if you wish.

PS who said never speak to these people again. Look at these forum posts all around you - you are not the only person experiencing a problem with this. Surely you can IN THIS THREAD find someone else to form a weekly farm team with.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Man, blizzard never ceases to amaze me. How the hell did they thought it was good idea is beyond me. Especially now, at the end of expansion where many people get bored with current content and go back for some mount/mog farming.

As always outstanding.

Deleted
    This is pretty stupid... i mean, as a DH i can still solo most stuff. but will be harder if not impossible for most other classes to Solo WoD raids.

I made a thread to help people find farm partners:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-is-addressed?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Thanks for doing something literally no one asked for?