Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Not really. Its much slower now due to hugely increased HP AND less relative Xp earned. Loom stats have also been nerfed. And until healers come to grasps with the fact that they arent there to dps, people are dying left right and center. Which only causes wipes, rage-quits and generally slows the pace even more. Ive also seen people quitting if they get the longer/more annoying dungeons popping, which is something ive not seen since cata.
    Eh, that's not necessarily true. I did a shattered halls today with a druid healer mostly dpsing (I played war tank) and I'd say it's more up to whether or not the tank is playing like a tank or a dps. The mobs do noteworthy damage, so if you aren't using your buttons you will get trucked.
    It's not solely the healer's responsibility to cover bad play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, im sure you could, but it would be even less xp per run than it did. Ive not tried it as i dont have a char in that range atm. And you would still hit the 10 instance per hour cap just like always. Only you'll do so now having earned less xp than you used to.
    I strongly disapprove of anything that requires me to put effort in things.
    Luckilty I don't need more alts... I have all classes except warrior

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    Eh, that's not necessarily true. I did a shattered halls today with a druid healer mostly dpsing (I played war tank) and I'd say it's more up to whether or not the tank is playing like a tank or a dps. The mobs do noteworthy damage, so if you aren't using your buttons you will get trucked.
    It's not solely the healer's responsibility to cover bad play.
    True, its not all the healers blame, but players have had a long time to get used to healers going full tilt dps right alongside them and bosses keeling over in 10-20 seconds. A heal or two might have been cast, personals werent ever really needed until later xpacs. That isnt really the case now. Its just going to require dps and heals both to pay more attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I strongly disapprove of anything that requires me to put effort in things.
    Luckilty I don't need more alts... I have all classes except warrior
    Yeah, im not bothering with any more leveling either. Questing for me has always been a chore id rather do without. Making a chore even more tedious is not a positive imo.

I have the disposable income and the impatience to use char boosts if i need to. Though i already have one of each class at 110 for now.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-01-17 at 10:26 PM.

True, its not all the healers blame, but players have had a long time to get used to healers going full tilt dps right alongside them and bosses keeling over in 10-20 seconds. A heal or two might have been cast, personals werent ever really needed until later xpacs. That isnt really the case now. Its just going to require dps and heals both to pay more attention.
    The changes (especially in dungeon leveling) will help the playerbase play better.
    But again, it's mmo-champ and anything blizzard does is wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Stonetalon is probably the only place where you see garrosh do something half decent, so i recommend playing through that.
    Indeed, it is one of those times where you're like.. 'This can't go too wrong..'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes are epic (or atleast they were before cata, I haven't done them post cata)
    Westfall is a must for alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Which vanilla zones have good stories and are worth going through now that you can't out level a zone anymore?

Dosen't matter if horde or alliance.
    Duskwood has some cool quests. Desolace too.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Duskwood has some cool quests. Desolace too.
    If only i could do every single zone :>

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

duskwood story is always good.

Badlands had some good/funny stuff. I also really loved Eastern Plaguelands-may be my favorite.

the lower lvl half of stangelthorne vale also had a nice quest line involving a raptor that you can revisit at lvl 85 if you wanted to. I also always enjoyed silverpine forest on Horde.

I thought darkshore was ok. Never miss a chance to jump into a giant whirlpool.

Blasted lands also has some good stuff in it. I got a good chuckle the first time i did it on a toon that could understand demonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    If only i could do every single zone :>
    Well, you could...

5+ Year Old Account
    Just finished up Winterspring.

Storywise, not the best, but very visually pleasing. You spend much of it in Everlook, and honestly there really is no story for Everlook in my opinion. The best part is near the end of the zone if you decide to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    go try stonetalon mountains as horde. it's amazeballs

Personally, it was the quest in Un’Goro Crater where you must explore the zone to stumble upon a raft that has washed ashore. Then you’ll be asked to find out who the raft might belong to and eventually you should encounter a male gnome dressed in green who is supposed to be a tribute to Link from the Zelda series. Next he will give you lots of fun quests with some ft. more references to Zelda. Find more about it here - this article covers on the zones so you should also know what lvl to aim at

Guess everyone can see for themselves now. Hardly any stories, it's all just fetch quests and an occassional ghost haunting a house

If we're talking vanilla and not the Cata revamp, Tanaris has some good stuff with the Silithid. The Discs quest from Uldaman leading to the Uldum door was pretty cool too, did both of those last night.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Guess everyone can see for themselves now. Hardly any stories, it's all just fetch quests and an occassional ghost haunting a house
    That's the gameplay, not the stories.

If you read the quest text there's an actual story being told
    Not a good one, but still a story

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd5dc7619e5 View Post
    Plus, of course, The Day Deathwing Came! ("Obviously I chose the blood elf.")
    Always choose the "strapping blood elf"!

I rarely skip out on Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad horde side, those are something special. I had forgotten how great Stranglethorn vale was too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I highly recommend buying Inky Black Potion and questing in Duskwood.
    Vash'jir is also a great place for that potion down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleH77 View Post
    Personally, it was the quest in Un’Goro Crater where you must explore the zone to stumble upon a raft that has washed ashore. Then you’ll be asked to find out who the raft might belong to and eventually you should encounter a male gnome dressed in green who is supposed to be a tribute to Link from the Zelda series. Next he will give you lots of fun quests with some ft. more references to Zelda. Find more about it here - this article covers on the zones so you should also know what lvl to aim at
    Wait... what? why would you necro my thread from almost 2 years ago? any specific reason for this?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz