Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really hope you forgot the /S because this isn't innovative at all. Its make your own Nintendo accessory's. Its toys to life but with cardboard.
    Well but it is though. It highlights what the joycons are capable of which besides 1 2 switch NO OTHER GAME does anything with the joycons. The problem is the quality and price. It's cardboard, it doesn't match the price. If it was idk something else more durable? Maybe?

But no way in hell a $5 piece of cardboard and a $10 game that'll last 20 minutes tops cost $70-80.

One spill from a glass of water ruins the entire thing lmao
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'm just wondering why we got 2 full pages dedicated to this shit, not like it's aimed at the people who post in this thread or is taking away from game development we care about.

Better then shit like the Wii gimmick, kinect or even fucking PSVR which had full studios working on projects for those shit accessories. These "games" where probably made by a 5 man team.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Labo is hype. This is the kind of innovative, interesting shit that plays to the strengths of the hardware that I was hoping they'd deliver. We're getting this a year out from launch, which is fantastic. I don't care if it's all cardboard (for now) and will likely break with any serious use, this is the kind of conceptually awesome stuff I was hoping from Nintendo.

Hot damn Nintendo, you didn't dun goof for once. /highfive
    Did you forget the 90's and the age of peripheral overload? being made out of pizza boxes doesnt make a fission rod any different

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way this doesn't affect any of us. If people are dumb enough to buy it let them. Heres hoping we get a good direct soon.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    "a new way for kids to play"

"OMFG NEW ANIMAL CROSSING GUYS"

I love the fucking community sometimes.

Also did anyone notice they are advertising this for kids yet.... only adults are in the commercials.... This is also fucking cardboard. Kids are gonna destroy it day 1, one trip and that "backpack" is squished.
    Well kids would trip, fall on it and break them in an hour, but soyboys will have them as background 'shelf trash' for their vlogs for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm just wondering why we got 2 full pages dedicated to this shit, not like it's aimed at the people who post in this thread or is taking away from game development we care about.

Better then shit like the Wii gimmick, kinect or even fucking PSVR which had full studios working on projects for those shit accessories. These "games" where probably made by a 5 man team.
    The Robot game looks almost like Project Giant Robot Miyamoto showed off for the Wii U.

didn't say you were angry, I said you're being a bit unfair to mock other posters for something you're doing yourself.
    I mocked the sub reddit who takes any little thing and blows it out of proportion from every announcement. Everyone screaming their heads off for the next AC cause the director retweeted something. He works for nintendo, he should be retweated everything from them, doesn't mean an AC is coming.

but hey we got cardboard. Fantastic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Labo is hype. This is the kind of innovative, interesting shit that plays to the strengths of the hardware that I was hoping they'd deliver. We're getting this a year out from launch, which is fantastic. I don't care if it's all cardboard (for now) and will likely break with any serious use, this is the kind of conceptually awesome stuff I was hoping from Nintendo.

Hot damn Nintendo, you didn't dun goof for once. /highfive
    Did you forget to type /s?

Well but it is though. It highlights what the joycons are capable of which besides 1 2 switch NO OTHER GAME does anything with the joycons.
    See this is something that has crossed my mind.

What can the Joy-Con do that the Wii remote (with remote plus) couldn't?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well kids would trip, fall on it and break them in an hour, but soyboys will have them as background 'shelf trash' for their vlogs for years!
    Plastic version upgrade pack $200

now includes stickers

And people in this thread try tell me nintendo isnt greedy. Yeahhh k

See this is something that has crossed my mind.

What can the Joy-Con do that the Wii remote (with remote plus) couldn't?
    well first off the switch doesn't need a censor bar :P

well first off the switch doesn't need a censor bar :P
    Ok you win I concede.

Roflmao...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

If I got my 8 year old nephew that shit for Christmas he’d wonder where Pokémon and FiFa are. Maybe it’s just me but the kids I know who have a switch or Xbox or whatever would not be interested in this one bit. I can imagine there are some who’d enjoy it, but it’s probably a very small amount.

Act now and you can buy the F-Zero Decal pack for $6.99 (plus Nintendo Tax).......
    I am not sure if Edge was serious or not....
    I'm not sure either and his silence is scaring me.

And that's the most content F-Zero will get lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

I mean, I can't disagree.

I think it's just more of how surprised people are that it was ....well, this of all things.
    I was expecting something like the Google Cardboard for VR....but they just took the cardboard part.

I mocked the sub reddit who takes any little thing and blows it out of proportion from every announcement. Everyone screaming their heads off for the next AC cause the director retweeted something. He works for nintendo, he should be retweated everything from them, doesn't mean an AC is coming.

but hey we got cardboard. Fantastic.
    There were people here also saying they hope it's AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    If I got my 8 year old nephew that shit for Christmas he’d wonder where Pokémon and FiFa are. Maybe it’s just me but the kids I know who have a switch or Xbox or whatever would not be interested in this one bit. I can imagine there are some who’d enjoy it, but it’s probably a very small amount.
    I'm thinking it could actually be a hit among kids who like to be a bit more hands on. Granted, it would still be a bit niche probably, but still.

Ok you win I concede.

Roflmao...
    but but but I had the whole ice cube joke set up and if nintendo made adult games you could tell where the joy-con is being rubbed etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not sure either and his silence is scaring me.

And that's the most content F-Zero will get lol
    OMG I won't lie that would be amazing because it would be the biggest fuck you to F-Zero fans ever.

To be serious for a moment tho if this thing was like $40-$50 I would be like ok fine. But $70 for the base bundle or $80 for the robot is fucken insane.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And people in this thread try tell me nintendo isnt greedy. Yeahhh k
    If anyone claims a publicly traded company isn't greedy they're a massive fanboy. There are varying levels of greed but at the end of the day every company is trying to part as much money from your wallet as they think they possibly can.

but but but I had the whole ice cube joke set up and if nintendo made adult games you could tell where the joy-con is being rubbed etc
    OOOO so that's what the HD motion is for...

(Im fucken dying over here).

I really hope you forgot the /S because this isn't innovative at all. Its make your own Nintendo accessory's. Its toys to life but with cardboard.
    Nope, genuinely honest. Looks great to me, even if it is just flimsy cardboard "accessories". I dig it - different ways to play games in a more interesting way that don't cost a lot, you can customize the cardboard with all the stickers and marker and shit you want, opens up all kinds of interesting avenues for more robust/expensive/durable peripherals a a longer term solution as well etc.

Also -

And yes Joe, this is bizarro land where you and are I on opposite ends of the Nintendo coin for once. I fear my contrarian streak is exerting itself again.