Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    OMG I won't lie that would be amazing because it would be the biggest fuck you to F-Zero fans ever.

To be serious for a moment tho if this thing was like $40-$50 I would be like ok fine. But $70 for the base bundle or $80 for the robot is fucken insane.
    Honestly if it was $40 I'd pick it up myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If anyone claims a publicly traded company isn't greedy they're a massive fanboy. There are varying levels of greed but at the end of the day every company is trying to part as much money from your wallet as they possibly can.
    I'm pretty sure he's referring to the time I told him it wasn't Nintendo greed because there was sales tax...

OOOO so that's what the HD motion is for...

(Im fucken dying over here).
    you put the joy con on your chest and you can just feeeeeeel when the ice cube hits the nipple
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    - different ways to play games in a more interesting way that don't cost a lot
    I think cardboard costing $70/$80 cost a lot but hey that's me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

that don't cost a lot
    must be nice to be in a spot where $80 isn't a lot for cardboard

You know the actual worst part? modern journos going "THE KEYS WORK BECAUSE THE JOYCON INFA RED BOUNCES OFF A REFLECTIVE SURFACE!?!?!?" not knowing they are getting excited over how a television remote control works.

Sometimes i think the folks behind the age of nugames journalism would lose their shit if they actually learnt how a lightgun worked on a crt tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly if it was $40 I'd pick it up myself lol.
    I would as well and if 1,2 Switch was like $20 I would get it for me and wife. But the price tag on this thing is fucken insane, It cost's more then skylander bundles and those are made of plastic.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Nope, genuinely honest. Looks great to me, even if it is just flimsy cardboard "accessories". I dig it - different ways to play games in a more interesting way that don't cost a lot, you can customize the cardboard with all the stickers and marker and shit you want, opens up all kinds of interesting avenues for more robust/expensive/durable peripherals a a longer term solution as well etc.
    And yes Joe, this is bizarro land where you and are I on opposite ends of the Nintendo coin for once. I fear my contrarian streak is exerting itself again.
    What am I suppose to do with myself now...

D:

I would as well and if 1,2 Switch was like $20 I would get it for me and wife. But the price tag on this thing is fucken insane, It cost's more then skylander bundles and those are made of plastic.
    Never did get into Skylanders because it keeps asking for more past the initial purchase.

As I trip over amiibos to type that.

I think cardboard costing $70/$80 cost a lot but hey that's me.
    That's for the whole kit from games to the cardboard for each, yeah. The Robot one specifically is $10, which ain't bad at all.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the time I told him it wasn't Nintendo greed because there was sales tax...
    Nah refering to stuff like their business practices in general. They treat each customer as a whale because they are well aware of their loyal fanbase, even if thats exploiting kids

That's for the whole kit from games to the cardboard for each, yeah. The Robot one specifically is $10, which ain't bad at all.
    Ok and a skylander bundles (that is made of plastic and has chips) cost ($64.99 for 3DS) $75 for console. This thing is overpriced by a huge amount. I get Nintendo is a company that wants to make money but come on.

Also it seems u can only get those two kits.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    must be nice to be in a spot where $80 isn't a lot for cardboard
    Not that I don't think it's overpriced, but the "for cardboard" argument is bad. When you buy a game for $60 you're not paying $60 "for plastic", just like with those you're paying for the R&D that went into those games. The increased costs over regular games are probably simply to do with the fact they're going to cost a lot more to ship around then standard games, take up more retail space and thus need to give retailers a bigger cut.

Overpriced yes, but you don't need to keep spouting hyperbole to make that true.

alternatively you can probably get an app for your phone that turns it into a piano keyboard for free and build your own cardboard piano to put it on. I'm sure once these are out in the wild there will be tons of DIY mock frames.

Hell there's probably a shit ton now we could google.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nah refering to stuff like their business practices in general. They treat each customer as a whale because they are well aware of their loyal fanbase, even if thats exploiting kids
    I couldn't disagree more.

You're talking about a company that, while they do make stupid mistakes at times, at least ensures there's some level of standard reached when it comes to their own games (Mario for example).

If they were whaling, you'd be seeing yearly games of all of their franchises, while barely living up to the standard of their older ones.

Not that I don't think it's overpriced, but the "for cardboard" argument is bad. When you buy a game for $60 you're not paying $60 "for plastic", just like with those you're paying for the R&D that went into those games. The increased costs over regular games are probably simply to do with the fact they're going to cost a lot more to ship around then standard games, take up more retail space and thus need to give retailers a bigger cut.

Overpriced yes, but you don't need to keep spouting hyperbole to make that true.
    Ok, you're paying $70 for piano simulator. Happy now?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ok, you're paying $70 for piano simulator. Happy now?
    Replace one hyperbolic statement with another LUL

And since we're into that it seems I will respond with I'm not paying anything for it.

Replace one hyperbolic statement with another LUL

And since we're into that it seems I will respond with I'm not paying anything for it.
    A consumer is paying $70-$80 to play phone app games on cardboard

stickers sold separately

Anyone who fallows Arby's on twitter will totally get the joke.

10/10.

If u don't just go take a look.
    https://twitter.com/Arbys

10/10.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ahah

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10/10.

Honestly I'd take that as a compliment haha.
    That is great though

Honestly I'd take that as a compliment haha.
    That is great though
    It really is I love it.

Nintendo did something right I been laughing my ass off for like a hour now.