Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    So, is our issue that there is a leader for the Alliance at all, or that leader being Anduin? I'm just asking because 90% of the time I see people complaining about the Alliance being an alliance, they were complaining that there shouldn't be a leader - which is wrong, as I brought up EU as an example (or many other alliances throughout the history). An alliance, even though its members will be treated equally, can still have a leader who act as the binding force for the rest. That's the current "High King" role (formerly "High Commander"). Anduin isn't literally king of the Alliance in the sense that he can lord over other leaders, and other leaders can in fact ignore Anduin / the High King if they want to.

Now, if the issue is that the figurehead leader role is taken Anduin, then I'd like to point out that it isn't too strange either. Anduin inherited the position of King of Stormwind from his father. Humans, as stated by Blizzard, is by far the most populated and powerful faction inside the Alliance - that's a plus. Anduin is also favored by a number of the Alliance leaders - Genn, Velen, Moira and Magni (might not be counted any longer now he's taken a more neutral role). Aysa didn't have any direct interaction with Anduin, but the Pandaren viewed him favorably as well due to his conducts in MoP. The other two leaders (Tyrande and Merkatoque) don't have anything against Anduin or the Humans either, as both were helped by them during Varian's time. With all that said, is it so weird that the Alliance leaders either wouldn't mind Anduin taking the High King role, or even support him for it?
    the other racial leaders call anduin "my king"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the other racial leaders call anduin "my king"
    Which? I've only seen Genn doing that, and peeps here are calling him "basically human".

Deleted
    People on these thread still not understanding that the Stormwind cinematic is a symptom of what is wrong with the Alliance representation.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    At least they celebrate with most of its citizens while the horde its just its leaders sitting alone, hohohohoho
    You mean the human overlords celebrating with their sheep

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    People on these thread still not understanding that the Stormwind cinematic is a symptom of what is wrong with the Alliance representation.
    Cause in the eyes of many alliance players they either play human or close their eyes to it sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Is there anything better than Gallywix casually singing to himself as he waddles toward Sylvanas?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the first place after Varian's death why did Anduin got the title of the High King of Alliance. I understand humans they pass their titles in bloodline but Alliance isnt human uninion only! We saw Horde passing down its title of Warchief to the next most experienced leader. Alliance had to fight Legion under a boy kings leadership. Practically it was Genn and Velen pulling the strings there! That must have pissed off some other race leaders !
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

I love how diverse the Horde epilogue is compared to the Alliance.
    In the Alliance the Humans have the spotlight. Even Genn refuses to keep his Worgen form.

In the Horde epilogue we have essentially every race represented. The BEs didn't speak but Liadrin had a huge spotlight this xpack, and the Trolls are severaly lacking but once the Zandalari are in they will be hugely represented too.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    And worst thing - yet another human kingdom is main focus of alliance story.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Isn’t the problem the same for the horde though we haven’t seen a hint of any horde races other then blood elfs and forsaken for all of legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get the vehement outrage coming from this cinematic. The epilogue was ONE cinematic that wraps up the Legion storyline of Anduin succeeding his father and becoming a leader. During the expansion, the other Alliance racial leaders got a lot of the spotlight on them, much more than any of their Horde counterparts. Mekkatorque and the Pandaren leader are the only ones that didn't do much other than briefly appear in a cinematic.

Let's look at the other Alliance races:

Dwarves: Not a huge expansion for them but anything titan related is linked to them. Magni played an important and consistent role throughout the expansion.

Gnomes: Not much, but I don't ever hear anyone crying over gnomes. Mekkatorque at least had a sweet cameo in the Broken Shore cinematic.

Night Elves: Probably the race that got catered to the most until Argus. Aszuna and Valshara are filled to the brim with night elf lore and history. We finally wrapped up the Emerald Nightmare storyline. They also had the most characters represented: Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande, and Maiev.

Draenei: Draenei are more relevant than ever. Velen was easily the most important Alliance figure in this expansion. We went to Argus, we beat the Legion, we found the Army of the Light. HUGE expansion for the Alliance.

Worgen: Greymane fighting against Sylvanas and being an advisor to Anduin. Pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Humans: Anduin's entire arc revolved around mourning his father and becoming a proper leader. Humans otherwise did not play a big part in this expansion until Turalyon showed up, who really didn't do too much either. Khadgar is another human that was influential but he's pretty much the Alliance's Thrall, I wouldn't say he's exclusive to the Alliance any more.

Almost all of the Alliance races fucking sweeped this expansion in terms of lore participation and relevance. People throwing a hissy fit over the humans being the focus of the epilogue are delusional.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    In the first place after Varian's death why did Anduin got the title of the High King of Alliance. I understand humans they pass their titles in bloodline but Alliance isnt human uninion only! We saw Horde passing down its title of Warchief to the next most experienced leader. Alliance had to fight Legion under a boy kings leadership. Practically it was Genn and Velen pulling the strings there! That must have pissed off some other race leaders !
    I’d guess they voted him in. Velan likes aduin as does Glenn I think Moria likes him as well though I’m not sure on the other leaders. As we see with tyranda it’s unlikely she would want the title as she has her own crap to do. Velan doesn’t like war and doesn’t want to lead till after his son is dead. No one likes genn no one cares about the gnomes and having a council lead makes a high king of war pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    I really don't get the vehement outrage coming from this cinematic. The epilogue was ONE cinematic that wraps up the Legion storyline of Anduin succeeding his father and becoming a leader. During the expansion, the other Alliance racial leaders got a lot of the spotlight on them, much more than any of their Horde counterparts. Mekkatorque and the Pandaren leader are the only ones that didn't do much other than briefly appear in a cinematic.

Let's look at the other Alliance races:

Dwarves: Not a huge expansion for them but anything titan related is linked to them. Magni played an important and consistent role throughout the expansion.

Gnomes: Not much, but I don't ever hear anyone crying over gnomes. Mekkatorque at least had a sweet cameo in the Broken Shore cinematic.

Night Elves: Probably the race that got catered to the most until Argus. Aszuna and Valshara are filled to the brim with night elf lore and history. We finally wrapped up the Emerald Nightmare storyline. They also had the most characters represented: Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande, and Maiev.

Draenei: Draenei are more relevant than ever. Velen was easily the most important Alliance figure in this expansion. We went to Argus, we beat the Legion, we found the Army of the Light. HUGE expansion for the Alliance.

Worgen: Greymane fighting against Sylvanas and being an advisor to Anduin. Pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Humans: Anduin's entire arc revolved around mourning his father and becoming a proper leader. Humans otherwise did not play a big part in this expansion until Turalyon showed up, who really didn't do too much either. Khadgar is another human that was influential but he's pretty much the Alliance's Thrall, I wouldn't say he's exclusive to the Alliance any more.

Almost all of the Alliance races fucking sweeped this expansion in terms of lore participation and relevance. People throwing a hissy fit over the humans being the focus of the epilogue are delusional.
    This sums it up nicely legion wasn’t only human focused in the slightest.

Anduin maybe holding a press conference in front of his Stormwind citizens but it seems not even Blizzard has confirmed him as a racial leader since he is not yet represented in the Eastern Kingdoms loading screen.

Maybe Varian is coming back after all?

And it's true, Alliance is waaay too human centric.

Deleted
    Didn't read the whole thread, but did anybody notice that everyone except Sylvanas and Nathanos cheered "for the Horde"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Anduin maybe holding a press conference in front of his Stormwind citizens but it seems not even Blizzard has confirmed him as a racial leader since he is not yet represented in the Eastern Kingdoms loading screen.

Maybe Varian is coming back after all?
    Yeah, its almost as they simply didn't upgrade loading screens since varians death.

Deleted
    Because it's the symptom of the Alliance problem, always represented by humans, always carried by humans, always showcasing mainly humans. Heck, the Army of the Light was led by a human and you can't see the problem there? All the other Alliance races either don't appear (dwarves, gnomes), are furry humans (worgen) or always constantly kicked down (night elves).

Honestly, why would my Bronzebeard loyalist would be with the King of Stormwind throwing a speech all alone? Being human centric is the symptom of the Alliance represention. An Alliance of different kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, its almost as they simply didn't upgrade loading screens since varians death.
    Exactly!

These lazy asses. Back in WotlK the loading screen for Northrend was updated ASAP once the "Fall of the Lich King" patch was out.

Now Varian has been dead for more than a year and Blizzard is unable to update the loading screen to represent the current lore.
    It's just so irritating from an immersion point of view, it irks me every time I log into EK. Seems like current devs pretty much don't
    give two shits about immersion.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2018-01-17 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's the symptom of the Alliance problem, always represented by humans, always carried by humans, always showcasing mainly humans. Heck, the Army of the Light was led by a human and you can't see the problem there? All the other Alliance races either don't appear (dwarves, gnomes), are furry humans (worgen) or always constantly kicked down (night elves).

Honestly, why would my Bronzebeard loyalist would be with the King of Stormwind throwing a speech all alone? Being human centric is the symptom of the Alliance represention. An Alliance of different kingdoms.
    You clearly didn't read my post, there are plenty of examples in this expansion where the other Alliance races had plenty of time in the spotlight with no human representation, no reliance on humans or human factions, and no showcasing humans.

Also the Army of the Light was led by Xe'ra for thousands of years, blame Illidan for killing her and making Turalyon the default leader for 5 minutes. Let's ignore all the lightforged and draenei characters introduced in the Argus patch to better fit your delusional rhetoric.

Deleted
    You clearly didn't read my post, there are plenty of examples in this expansion where the other Alliance races had plenty of time in the spotlight with no human representation, no reliance on humans or human factions, and no showcasing humans.
    You are missing the point, that's part of the symptom. The Night Elves have their lore (of being kicked) independent of being Alliance, the Draenei the same. But the Alliance story is always carried by humans, with everyone else being tools.

And no, Turalyon was the leader of Army of the Light for at least 500 years. And ditch the insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Exactly!

These lazy asses. Back in WotlK the loading screen for Northrend was updated ASAP once the "Fall of the Lich King" patch was out.

Now Varian has been dead for more than a year and Blizzard is unable to update the loading screen to represent the current lore.
    It's just so irritating from an immersion point of view, it irks me every time I log into EK. Seems like current devs pretty much don't
    give two shits about immersion.
    I am sure the EK and Kalimdor loading screens will be updated in BfA as those continents are where a lot of the Warfront action is happening. Pretty normal for WoW, all in all, the loading screens get updated when something pertinent about the overall zone in question changes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    You are missing the point, that's part of the symptom. The Night Elves have their lore (of being kicked) independent of being Alliance, the Draenei the same. But the Alliance story is always carried by humans, with everyone else being tools.

And no, Turalyon was the leader of Army of the Light for at least 500 years. And ditch the insults.
    The alternative races of the Alliance serve as plot foil for the humans, that is their lot in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I am sure the EK and Kalimdor loading screens will be updated in BfA as those continents are where a lot of the Warfront action is happening. Pretty normal for WoW, all in all, the loading screens get updated when something pertinent about the overall zone in question changes.
    I'd love for loading screens to change based on level.

When you're leveling through EK and Kalimdor they should use the current loading screens, when you hit 110 they go to the newer versions. Northrend starts with Arthas and changes to Bolvar when you're past the level cap for Northrend, etc.