Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    There wasn't one because you people take the words of creatures that have perfected the art of turning allies against each other and sowing distrust seriously.
    Traditionally, their lies are usually woven around a kernel of truth. That is, Anduin might not realize he is telling a falsehood, but he will give us 3 of them. Note that Ilganoth did not even say that Anduin would lie to us, which would imply that Anduin had the intention of misleading; instead he said "Three lies will he offer you" which sounds more like he could be passing on bad information that he believes himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Look, let's not be stupid for once. Anduin is 100% the Boy-King, referred to as such by multiple characters at multiple times. If someone could make a comprehensive list of all his dialog and quest text since the Nightmare Raid, you'd probably find a fair share of potential candidates depending on how you define a "lie".

I personally believe Anduin isn't the sort to knowingly lie. I also don't think Xe'ra was a liar either, but what she had faith in and believed was bullshit. The visions she herself showed to others turned out to be nothing bit unwitting lies in the end.

I believe Anduin has said something he presently feels is true. Whether it be about his loyalties, responsibilities, his reasons, or future course of action. Something we wouldn't catch without knowing the future. Something Anduin believes is necessary right now could turn out to be a mistake, the exact wrong move. Something that ends up serving the "master" more than the Alliance.
    Yep. Just because he will offer us three lies, that doesn't mean that he will knowingly mislead us even once. Only that he will be duped into sharing bad information. One, for example, could be that Sylvanas was responsible for Teldrassil. Anduin could be deceived into believing it was true, when really she was framed.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned about that Star in the sky now that it says is watching...

Taliesin's take:

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    In before Ilgynoth spoke not to us, but to Anduin.

"Anduin, the boy-king who serves at the MASTER's table. Three lies will HE offer you".

I have a few theories since finding this book, watching the new cinematics and looking back at what Il'gynoth whispered to us.

1. Anduin wrynn is this boy king Il'gynoth and Ogmot speaks about. During the fight in emerald nightmare no lie had yet been told but as we find Ogmots journal the first of three lies has been told. As a youtuber doing an indepth review on the alliance cinematic pointed out, Anduin seem to be the only one that has a very physical reaction to touching the "titans blood" (I think its old god blood but yea). When Shaw drops the crystal in his hand he reacts and some sort of whispering sounds can be heard.

I think the lie might be him not telling anyone about this and instead he wants more of it and to control the substance.

2. Anduin tells what he thinks is truth but what is in fact a lie. As many of you has pointed out before you seem to think Anduin isn't Varians son. I kinda share that theory. I looked up Anduins family tree. Every Wrynn male in his lineage has brown/dark hair and yet he has blond hair like his mother? (I know game of thrones much?)

But wait there's more. At the section of the wiki about Anduins mother it states that "Though her marriage was arranged at birth in order to give her family a place in the Stormwind" and that "she did have a short-lived relationship with another man". (from her wiki)

So to sum up the lie is Anduin telling everyone Varian was his father, when in fact he is not.

Basically I think Anduin is being played by the Old gods to wage war (in battle for azeroth) instead of listening to the shadows from underneath the surface.

As Ogmot says "Last night I dreamt of two great armadas clashing upon an ocean of blood. Shadows writhing beneath them, rising. Rising. I smiled in my sleep."

And again, Il'gynoth says something similar in my opinion "Its surface blazes light, masking shadow below."

The battle for azeroth is basically us getting juked by the old gods lurking, gathering strength under the surface of azeroth. Or something along those lines.

*** Some other thoughts. I think Azeroth soul has already been corrupted by the old gods. And Sargeras with a last attempt before being imprisoned, tries to kill it with his sword failed as he got pulled back to the pantheon. Il'gynoth says "The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn." Rather obviously many believe this to be Magni, who is beeing missled by the "Titansoul" Azeroth.

*** From Ogmots Journal:

The star peers down. I must hide from its glare.

The dagger spoke true. It has been too long since I was drowned.

From Il'gynoth: "To find him, drown yourself in the Circle of Stars."

I wonder how these two quotes relates to one and other... any thoughts?

(edit: added some thoughts that popped up after posting and some spelling fixes)

Well, the lie is clear. Goblins are charming that's for sure.

Now into the topic. We don't know if the lie is in the cinematic or if it is when your player character is talking to him. Also we don't truly know if the boy-king is really Anduin, but that's probably going to be the case.

A thing that bothers me is the "Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!". I personally think this is referring to either N'Zoth, that is supposedly imprisoned and now could be free, or the Lich King. This last one is interesting. It could be nothing but since Arthas and Ner'zhul joined, it took 5 years for him to wake up leading to WotLK. And in Battle for Azeroth it will be 5 years since Bolvar was bounded to the throne. Coincidence? Who knows.

Speaking of Gallywix, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a dungeon boss in BFA. Wasn't Kezan revealed to be one of the dungeons for the expansion? Blizz also left out a lot of details for most of the announced dungeons, and that azerite crap seems to be almost like the One Ring, and he is holding a rod of it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been trying to figure out what Anduin or Wrathion have said regarding a throne. Can't think of anything. The obvious throne in this case would have been Sargeras being imprisoned at the Seat of the Pantheon, but neither Boy-King mentions that.

The one leading the sheep is pretty clearly Sylvanas, since it lines up with what Varimathras said in Antorus.

The clashing fleets on an ocean of blood is the Alliance and Horde. Since the whole objective of going to Zandalar/Kul'Tiras is to recruit fleets to reach the other continent with, and collecting the Blood of Azeroth to make weapons.

Unsure what the door is in this case, but guessing that's relevant to whenever we inevitably go to Ny'alotha.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    After you do quest in Silithus, the SI:7 there basically tells you that Anduin should never find out that Azerithe is the blood of Azeroth.
    I didn't see any of that. He just tells you he will report back to Stormwind, but has to follow orders till receives new ones.

"My father Varian Wrynn..." there is your lie, varian isnt his real father, boom

*takes off tinfooil helmet*

"Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watching us. Why you no see it?

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next one gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."

~ Ogmot's Dream Journal

I think it's refereing to the Lich King being the "boy king" and that he's going to be building up during BFA to be the next main villian for the Old Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Been trying to figure out what Anduin or Wrathion have said regarding a throne. Can't think of anything. The obvious throne in this case would have been Sargeras being imprisoned at the Seat of the Pantheon, but neither Boy-King mentions that.
    Let's do a little bit of mental hopscotch. It could be something as simple as a comment Anduin might make about his responsibilities to the Alliance as their High King, believing he is bound to the throne if you will, something which he might feel pressures him to make certain decisions he'd rather not make. Leading a war he'd rather not wage, because that's the decision he feels he must make as the mysteriously hereditary monarch of the entire Alliance of disparate races as a whole.

His responsibilities to that throne dictate his decisions, rather than him truly doing what he believes in.

Yet this? It's a lie. A common lie for those in positions of power. A lie Durotan believed back when he fought alongside the nascent Horde. As Chieftain, he felt his position forced him to make certain decisions. Yet if he had stood his ground, refused to make the "hard choices", he could have made a difference before it was too late.

Bound by a throne? No. No. He's free. Something he'll likely realize too late. In the meantime, Anduin's belief in that lie serves to push the Faction War, something which very much is in service to the Master N'zoth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    "Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watching us. Why you no see it?

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next one gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."

~ Ogmot's Dream Journal

- - - Updated - - -

But where was the lie? I've watched this a couple of times, and I'm not seeing it.
    Feels like a Lich King reference to me. Probably wrong.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free! - if the Titans imprisoned N'Zoth while he sat on his "writhing throne", it could also mean that N'Zoth has finally broken free.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free! - if the Titans imprisoned N'Zoth while he sat on his "writhing throne", it could also mean that N'Zoth has finally broken free.
    Yes. I think this makes the most sense for a Twilight Hammer cultist writing what he wrote.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free! is the first lie, so everyone should start thinking about that, it doesnt seem to make any sense in terms of anything anduin as said or done

Of all the lines we've had from Anduin so far, I think it's "I know that nobody, not even a king, is more important than the Alliance."

He might not believe his own words. If tested, would he give up a potential way to bring his parents back, that might put the Alliance at risk?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free! is the first lie, so everyone should start thinking about that, it doesnt seem to make any sense in terms of anything anduin as said or done
    I think this is Ogmot exclaiming about N'zoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Of all the lines we've had from Anduin so far, I think it's "I know that nobody, not even a king, is more important than the Alliance."

He might not believe his own words. If tested, would he give up a potential way to bring his parents back, that might put the Alliance at risk?
    Actually what he said was that his Dad knew nobody was more important than the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post

Yeah, watched the cinematics a couple of times, and i'm preeeetty sure this is the lie.

Where's the team that solved all those mount puzzles? They have their own discord channel, right? We need to get them on this.