Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The only annoying thing I've experienced so far is how the speed at which a low level dungeon is cleared is now completely reliant on your healer. For some reason low level healers can't seem to grasp how to actually heal the tank. You'll be dying and they'll just sit there staring off into space or trying to dps. With healers like that you're forced to take it one pull at a time instead of 2-3 packs.
    Because before today that is all you needed to do. A lot of people won't know what has changed because they don't read forums such as these.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons were simply too fast for 1-60, and people want that speed because they're use to it. A single dungeon run use to take like 15-20 minutes, and with the initial quests and bonuses you could gain 2-3 levels sometimes.

Dungeons had to be slowed down to be more in line with questing, but they definitely went too far if things are as people say, takes multiple times as long for fractions of the exp. I think increasing the time a bit and scaling the exp so you get a little over a level for your first run with quests would have been fine, but as it is now it sounds like there is no point to doing dungeons unless you really want that gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    It's not challenging in any way or manner whatsoever. You're just spamming the 2-4 rotational abilities you get by level 20 for 90 levels, except it takes 10 hours longer on average unless you speed run or get people to carry you through dungeons.

Watching people without heirlooms spend 45 seconds pressing 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1,2,3 over and over again to kill a single mob (and god forbid the quest 'boss' mobs) certainly looks unfun as fuck, but even with heirlooms it's sluggish and pretty unfun as far as gameplay goes.

Sort of sad that the classes are incomplete messes until artifact weapons. Even then, most specs can't even function without it being fully unlocked.
    Agree the artifact weapons help smooth many classes gameplay but to think you're not doing the exact same button mashing at max level is ludicrous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Or they're to make you feel more powerful than previously when encountered the end game content. I never played this game for the 'leveling' and I've played it for over 14 years now.
    Because most people miss the point of the Adventure and only care about the Destination...the Destination being the same thing for weeks and months..
    Leveling has its problems and quirks to of course. But its always a different adventure until you maxed out everything.

Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    Yesterday with full heirlooms in Pandaria at lvl 85 I one or twoshotted mobs. Today it takes about 10 seconds to kill the same mob. I've raided this class for several expansions so I know at least the basics of it (altoholism). 10 seconds might not seem like much but it adds up over all the hundreds/thousands of mobs you have to kill to level. No thanks, I'm just not going to do it anymore.
    The whole point of heirlooms was to make the leveling experience faster for people who have been there/done that and don't particularly like leveling. Why they feel that idea needed a nerf is beyond me. Basically, this dev team is reversing the decisions of a previous dev team that were made for perfectly good reasons. I'm terribly confused by the idea but I guess that means "don't ever level characters anymore". OK, whatever. I'm done with leveling old characters and I'll stick to what I have. I'm damn sure never buying the level boost they are so desperate to sell. And I think the new races are, across the board, awful so I'm in luck with that.

This is like watching the students of the new generation of historians: basically, their reason for existence becomes proving how wrong their teachers were. I feel that's what is going on with WoW: let's prove how wrong those old devs were about heirlooms and leveling.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Adventure in this case of course meaning spam clicking through the quest that youve already read 5-10 times previously just so you can get on with the damned process. Thrilling!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those people that have enough time to spend the extra time doing the dungeons to get to the end game content... congratulations. But the majority of us will have to do months of after work dungeon grinding to even get to the end game content at 110. They need to find a balance because there is no way in hell I'm paying £40+ for a boost to miss it all, i'd rather just quit the game again for the 12983 time. I fully expect the replies of "It's how it used to be, get used to it", however it used to only be 55, 60, 70 levels back then and it wasn't so much of a problem! Increasing HP by a base rate of 280% is just lazy and doesn't make the game any more enjoyable to level through.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    At the moment, when you finally reach 100 and start killing legion mobs, they feel like paper. that's how off tuned this whole scaling shit is
    do invasion zones, now the mobs are harder and more deadly than ever, until you hit 110 and gear up then it's back to paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Since when has leveling been the point of this game? You spend far more /played time not leveling than you do leveling. So I disagree completely. If leveling were the point of this game, they would just go all in with the D3 to WoW theme and put paragon levels in.
    A completely ridiculous statement, I agree. I've got, gasp, years played on my characters and probably a month or two of that is leveling. They should keep the heirlooms strong and powerful and just leave it the way it is in greens. Because if you want leveling to be hard, why the hell are you wearing heirlooms?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    do invasion zones, now the mobs are harder and more deadly than ever, until you hit 110 and gear up then it's back to paper.
    They didn't touch Legion at all in 7.3.5, invasion mobs already had way overscaled health/damage for under level 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They didn't touch Legion at all in 7.3.5, invasion mobs already had way overscaled health/damage for under level 110.
    oh i know, i find it funny it's literally the only challenging part of the game whilst levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Because most people miss the point of the Adventure and only care about the Destination...the Destination being the same thing for weeks and months..
    Leveling has its problems and quirks to of course. But its always a different adventure until you maxed out everything.
    most people play this game for nearly 15 years - the destination and adventure were gone around 13 years ago .

stop pretending new players come to wow - 99% of players playing it now are old time players not new players- new players wouldnt even look at old ancient game with outdated shit grpahic that wow has.

be real.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most people play this game for nearly 15 years - the destination and adventure were gone around 13 years ago .

stop pretending new players come to wow - 99% of players playing it now are old time players not new players- new players wouldnt even look at old ancient game with outdated shit grpahic that wow has.

be real.
    I'm not, I don't really care about new players. Nor did I say anything about new players. What I'm saying is everyone plays for different reasons, going for different things, Its a theme park for this reason...and some people like the adventure of leveling. It appeals to some while other things don't and vice versa for all aspects of...well...everything...life, games, whatever.

That being said adventure is not gone, it still remains for all those who didn't max every class. Once you max every class, on both sides. I can see the adventure aspect being gone. But until then its still there for many reasons, and with each new expansion...guess what is there? The adventure of exploring a new place, new zones, new quest, new stories, new lore, new perspectives on old lore, seeing new things, new vistas and new aspects Blizzard has worked into their system for new zones.

and be real, good graphics mean very little friend. Many companies can shit out a great looking game that sucks storywise, gameplay wise, world wise. Graphics are not the end all be all, definitely not in this day and age.

Many other shitty MMO's out there have great graphics. But guess what? They suck, have no player base, play like shit.

And frankly that statement is downright wrong, since Blizzard has been updating and improving upon techniques with New zones every Expansion. Even with their "outdated system" everyone likes to cry about
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2018-01-17 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    I like the leveling part, at least so far. 39lvl currently. My biggest problem is how boring most classes are. Spam 123123123123123
    wait for classic server - its gonna be 11111111211111112 .... eat food 1111111121111112 (and that is how you kill 2 mobs gz only 50k till level 60)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    It's not challenging in any way or manner whatsoever. You're just spamming the 2-4 rotational abilities you get by level 20 for 90 levels, except it takes 10 hours longer on average unless you speed run or get people to carry you through dungeons.

Watching people without heirlooms spend 45 seconds pressing 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1,2,3 over and over again to kill a single mob (and god forbid the quest 'boss' mobs) certainly looks unfun as fuck, but even with heirlooms it's sluggish and pretty unfun as far as gameplay goes.

Sort of sad that the classes are incomplete messes until artifact weapons. Even then, most specs can't even function without it being fully unlocked.
    10 hours longer, what?
    I did 1-70 in 7,5 hours today, not that much longer than it was before, and after 90 there's no increased xp requirement right?
    The thing is questing is about 2x faster than dungeon spam now, even as a tank.

I like the changes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    10 hours longer, what?
    I did 1-70 in 7,5 hours today, not that much longer than it was before, and after 90 there's no increased xp requirement right?
    The thing is questing is about 2x faster than dungeon spam now, even as a tank.

I like the changes so far.
    The xp requirement ends after 60. The HP increase does not and that is where a lot of the extra time comes from. Mobs taking way longer to kill
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I had a brief play of a level 59 alt and it would appear that mobs that previously had around 3-4k hp now have over 13k hp although it is no more difficult to kill them - just longer.... which is supposedly fun!?!

This is a dull, boring and pointless change.

I really enjoyed 1-20 on a warlock today. Actually caught myself fearing mobs. I like the change a lot regardless of time to level. I like leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Haven’t tried it, haven’t had chance.

I hear WoD is overturned as fuck though.
    I did a few quests on my level 92 frost mage...did take a lot of frost bolts to kill mobs if I didn't get any procs. I had to blow cooldowns just to kill a rare spawn.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Almost got my ass kicked by 3 mobs in Pandaria at 88 lvl. And i had the best armor in the game. Holy shit that was fun. Now i try to take on 1-2 mobs at the same time.

The only thing that came to my mind is that new scaling system REQUIRED the LFG removal.