Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Your literally getting butthurt that people that did a server wide once in a server event got a model update where the original was 12 years old. And they did it in a way to allow them to use the retro version if they wanted to. Tough shit. cry some more tears, Kids like you are why this games population is so fucking low now and why its shit. You expect that if its in the game you should be able to get it.
    funny thing is. i helped people get that mount 3 times.
    i spent maybe up to 100 hours twice in vanilla helping our GM and his wife get it, then recently a guy on a private server, maybe 150 hours

you seem to be a halo fan, how about 343 add a new awesome looking armor to the game that only people who beat the campaign in halo 1 on legendary within 2 months of launch get.
    how bought that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxm View Post
    So temporary means not for everyone?

I lol so hard reading the comments, so funny.

Greetings from a Scarablord who's enjoying his mount!
    yes it is not avaiable to everyone, cause you can literally only fucking use it for 2 days in silithus... are you seriously saying that a mount that can ONLY EVER BE USED 2 DAYS A YEAR IN ONE ZONE is at all comparable to one that can be used anywhere you want, any time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Why would they make a new mount for the 0.5% of players with the title?
    lolol it is much less then 0.5% of players
    lets say 3 million players
    30,000 is 1%
    there is not 15,000 people with it, there is about one hundred, and most of them got it from an exploit in WOTLK
    s its more of 0.00001%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    It was always stupid that only the gong ringer got this title and mount, when they assuredly did not do all the work themselves. They had probably at least 39 other people working their asses off to help, and those people got jack squat. The work people bleating about was propped up by the work of countless other people who aren't acknowledged at all. The jerks earlier in the thread don't even mention the fact that they were part of a team, which kinda illustrates their insanely selfish nature.

It's even more stupid that these individuals are getting a new mount for literally no reason. They didn't work for it at all.

Stupid decisions are about the only ones WoW knows how to make anymore, though. So. C'est la vie.
    yeah i have done it three times, i really think if blizzard brings it back, it should be a guild wide thing, or something, it will be hard to make it so it cant simply be sold.
    but maybe replace the bug thing instead of turn in XXXX fragments have it be a quest "kill 20,000 bugs" and once completed all the rest of the quest can be completed just by killing, no need to loot, so everyone who helped can do it, without simply just giving everyone in the group it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Yeah, you worked your ass off TWELVE YEARS AGO. That doesn't mean that you and the handful of other Scarab Lords that still play deserve ANOTHER mount in your collection for doing literally nothing extra. You have your prestige. This mount should be modern prestige, not decade-old prestige. You really need to evaluate your ego.
    to be fair it wasent that one person alone who worked their ass off. 40+ people did, but only ONE of them got the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I wonder how many people who got Scarab Lord are still actually playing the game. I assume a fraction of the total, I mean a fraction of a single digit of all wow players will suddenly get a mount just cause. Which just seems odd is all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Grats to the 13 players who EARNED the mount/title(and still play), 375 who paid $50 to go to a new sever ring the gong and go back and 2,761 who got it when a bug in WOTLK closed the gate FOR ONLY A few severs.
    all dis, one hundred percent dis
    if i had the money when i was a little kid i woulda had the mount for sure.

Its a pretty bullshit move but it is kinda funny how upset the mount collectors are. The mount is pretty ugly they could have done better imo

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

I'm entitled to have the ability to earn it because they developed it with my and other current players' subscription money in their pockets. Things that are created today should be obtainable today, not randomly given out to a group of people that either were privileged enough to have their guild get them something over a decade ago, or cheesed it an expansion or more down the line when they could cheese it.

So I won't "get the fuck over it." I will continue giving my legitimate criticism, and you will "get the fuck over it.".
    Your not entitled to have the ability to earn it, there is heaps of shit they have deved but no one can earn cus its in the files. Sorry but paying for the game doesnt entitle you to anything but being able to log into the game, if blizzard works on it they dont have to allow you to earn it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    funny thing is. i helped people get that mount 3 times.
    i spent maybe up to 100 hours twice in vanilla helping our GM and his wife get it, then recently a guy on a private server, maybe 150 hours

you seem to be a halo fan, how about 343 add a new awesome looking armor to the game that only people who beat the campaign in halo 1 on legendary within 2 months of launch get.
    how bought that?
    So cus your mad you helped 3 people get it and not yourself you deserve the updated model? Im not to worried about the armor, i would have earned it via those requirements or its an armor i wouldnt have access to. I dont expect everything in the game just cus i play it and neither should you.

Your not entitled to have the ability to earn it, there is heaps of shit they have deved but no one can earn cus its in the files. Sorry but paying for the game doesnt entitle you to anything but being able to log into the game, if blizzard works on it they dont have to allow you to earn it..
    Actually, it does. If they add it to the game, and they made it using, in part, my money, and the money of people playing now, it should be available to earn now. Not 10 or more years ago.

Crap there goes a raid tier.

Actually, it does. If they add it to the game, and they made it using, in part, my money, and the money of people playing now, it should be available to earn now. Not 10 or more years ago.
    no it shouldnt. And your mentality as iv said before is why wow is shit now compared to what it used to be, a horde of casuals with that mentality have ruined this game and made blizzard cave to the point of alienating the people that drove and made news in this game. You may not like the people that were in the top end of wow but they were the ones that made the headlines gaming or news wise. They were the ones that brought in new people or gave people a drive to do somthing. I see a fraction of those people around. most servers have one guild thats pushing end game if that, heaps are barren wastelands. Population got so low blizzard doesnt even announce it out of fear of being laughed at.

no it shouldnt. And your mentality as iv said before is why wow is shit now compared to what it used to be, a horde of casuals with that mentality have ruined this game and made blizzard cave to the point of alienating the people that drove and made news in this game. You may not like the people that were in the top end of wow but they were the ones that made the headlines gaming or news wise. They were the ones that brought in new people or gave people a drive to do somthing. I see a fraction of those people around. most servers have one guild thats pushing end game if that, heaps are barren wastelands. Population got so low blizzard doesnt even announce it out of fear of being laughed at.
    Haha, now try and argue why my mentality that people need to earn and work for things today is worse than your mentality that someone who did a thing (or cheesed it) 10+ years ago should get something for free.

5+ Year Old Account
    What if I don’t have scarab lord title? How do I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    You can't. You had to have been carried by your guild in Classic or exploited bugged servers in TBC/WoTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't. You had to have been carried by your guild in Classic or exploited bugged servers in TBC/WoTLK.
    Seems fair they get a reward for something they did so long ago. Not. This is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Seems fair they get a reward for something they did so long ago. Not. This is just silly.
    An extra reward (on top of their already unique exclusive mount and title) for getting carried by their guild to it 10+ years ago, or again, by exploiting bugged servers after Classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your not entitled to have the ability to earn it, there is heaps of shit they have deved but no one can earn cus its in the files. Sorry but paying for the game doesnt entitle you to anything but being able to log into the game, if blizzard works on it they dont have to allow you to earn it.

- - - Updated - - -

So cus your mad you helped 3 people get it and not yourself you deserve the updated model? Im not to worried about the armor, i would have earned it via those requirements or its an armor i wouldnt have access to. I dont expect everything in the game just cus i play it and neither should you.
    no, i deserve the chance to EARN THE MODEL
    its a new model, made 12 years later then you can earn it.
    its a thing added to the game 12 years later, we deserve the chance to earn the new item, not given to people who were given an acheivment 12 years ago, or exploited 10 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    if you have the title, and the mount, the new mount just appears in your mount journal.

its a thing added to the game 12 years later, we deserve the chance to earn the new item, not given to people who were given an acheivment 12 years ago, or exploited 10 years ago
    Know what could've been cool?

If they made two new models. One with armor, one without.

And the black one with armor went to Scarab Lords, while all the ones without armor were obtainable by current players.

It's kind of like what they do with Gladiator vs rep mounts, so I think that would've been nice.

Haha, now try and argue why my mentality that people need to earn and work for things today is worse than your mentality that someone who did a thing (or cheesed it) 10+ years ago should get something for free.

The mentallity that they need to earn somthing to receive is not wrong. The mentallity that you are owed somthing in a game cus the developer made it and put it into the game is what is wrong. They dont have to give you shit, they can make 100 mounts, implement them and put them in game and they dont have to let you have a single fucking one.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

if you have the title, and the mount, the new mount just appears in your mount journal.
    No you dont deserve the chance to earn it. You had the chance but you prob were not playing when you had the chance. Something doesnt have to be not exclusive. You dont deserve anything.

The mentallity that they need to earn somthing to receive is not wrong. The mentallity that you are owed somthing in a game cus the developer made it and put it into the game is what is wrong. They dont have to give you shit, they can make 100 mounts, implement them and put them in game and they dont have to let you have a single fucking one.
    They kinda do when I pay them money to develop those things, my lad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Know what could've been cool?

If they made two new models. One with armor, one without.

And the black one with armor went to Scarab Lords, while all the ones without armor were obtainable by current players.

It's kind of like what they do with Gladiator vs rep mounts, so I think that would've been nice.
    yeah, that woulda been "fine" by my book, i still woulda been mad, but MUCH less mad.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

No you dont deserve the chance to earn it. You had the chance but you prob were not playing when you had the chance. Something doesnt have to be not exclusive. You dont deserve anything.
    again, i literally fucking told you i was playing, i helped farm those bugs for fucking days (about 3 weeks total) and then helped with maws, with the monkey (cant remember the name...) and god that fucking emerald dragon.

yeah, that woulda been "fine" by my book, i still woulda been mad, but MUCH less mad.

- - - Updated - - -

again, i literally fucking told you i was playing, i helped farm those bugs for fucking days (about 3 weeks total) and then helped with maws, with the monkey (cant remember the name...) and god that fucking emerald dragon.
    Yeah, I still think old Scarab Lords (and especially the WoTLK ones) don't deserve a new mount for doing something 10+ years ago, but I think something like this would be a good compromise.

In my opinion, this new black mount should just be available to current players.

They kinda do when I pay them money to develop those things, my lad.
    thats not how things work. Cus you pay money to play a game doesnt mean you deserve the right to earn anything in the game. it was a once event. You were not there, you didnt get it. Its over. People like you are why we no longer have personal server firsts.