Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    thats not how things work. Cus you pay money to play a game doesnt mean you deserve the right to earn anything in the game. it was a once event. You were not there, you didnt get it. Its over. People like you are why we no longer have personal server firsts.
    Get it through your thick skull that I am not talking about the original. No one is talking about the original. No one wants the original, and no one is asking to get the original. They didn't work for the new one, Blizzard didn't promise them a new one. They worked for the original mount and title. They still have that, and it's still exclusive.

We are talking about a NEW MOUNT MODEL that was developed in 2017, not in Classic, and it was never a part of that event. The original Battle Tank, Classic players paid to have developed and they all had a shot at earning it. This one was developed by currently playing and paying players and none of them except old Scarab Lords can have it.

If they make it off my dime, whether it's easy, hard or nearly impossible to get, they should give me and anyone else paying for a subscription the opportunity to get it. Whether it's a limited time opportunity before or after BfA, or an easy grab from a questline that will be around forever.

I was there front and center for that event 10+ years ago. The absolute worst clusterfuck of latency and server instability I've seen in this game TO THIS DAY. If you were lucky enough to get a guild carry through that quagmire of technical failure, then I suppose you "truly" earned your mount. Enjoy the update, just dont let it reinforce your accomplishment...

...you got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Get it through your thick skull that I am not talking about the original. No one is talking about the original. No one wants the original, and no one is asking to get the original. They didn't work for the new one, Blizzard didn't promise them a new one. They worked for the original mount and title. They still have that, and it's still exclusive.

We are talking about a NEW MOUNT MODEL that was developed in 2017, not in Classic, and it was never a part of that event. The original Battle Tank, Classic players paid to have developed and they all had a shot at earning it. This one was developed by currently playing and paying players and none of them except old Scarab Lords can have it.

If they make it off my dime, whether it's easy, hard or nearly impossible to get, they should give me and anyone else paying for a subscription the opportunity to get it. Whether it's a limited time opportunity before or after BfA, or an easy grab from a questline that will be around forever.
    its an addition to the old one, they updated it for them. you still dont deserve it. get the fuck over it.

its an addition to the old one, they updated it for them. you still dont deserve it. get the fuck over it.
    No, they really don't because they never worked for it. It's a new mount made with current subscription money that none of the current subscribers had any chance to earn.

You get the fuck over that fact.

comments read like spoiled children. BUT I WANT WHAT THEY HAVE WHY DO THEY GET MORE!!! grow up lol

Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    comments read like spoiled children. BUT I WANT WHAT THEY HAVE WHY DO THEY GET MORE!!! grow up lol
    I agree. "They did a thing 10+ years ago, so therefore they should get a brand new mount for free without working for it! WAAH."

Really childish and entitled in my eyes.

No, they really don't because they never worked for it. It's a new mount made with current subscription money that none of the current subscribers had any chance to earn.

You get the fuck over that fact.
    So, no current subscriber ever played in Vanilla or Wrath? That's an interesting, yet completely stupid, thing to say.
    The people still playing did, in fact, work for it as it's a mount awarded to the people who worked for it in the past.
    You can twist it as much as you want, but it doesn't change you are wrong. Blizz is giving something to its long term players that achieved something that she no longer achievable. It's a nice perk and a nice gesture by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So, no current subscriber ever played in Vanilla or Wrath? That's an interesting, yet completely stupid, thing to say.
    The people still playing did, in fact, work for it as it's a mount awarded to the people who worked for it in the past.
    You can twist it as much as you want, but it doesn't change you are wrong. Blizz is giving something to its long term players that achieved something that she no longer achievable. It's a nice perk and a nice gesture by the company.
    Don't be deliberately obtuse.

The old qiraji mount was developed in Classic WoW. People then, paid for its development and they also had the opportunity (however slim) to obtain it then.

The new qiraji mount was developed in 2017, people, now, paid for its development, and they never had the opportunity (however slim), to obtain it.

And they deserve an award for something they did over a decade ago and were rewarded for at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    And they deserve an award for something they did over a decade ago and were rewarded for at the time?
    This. Still waiting for that updated Netherdrake mount for only TBC Gladiators, since I'm pretty sure being a TBC Gladiator is now far more prestigious than being a Scarab Lord, after the WoTLK cheesing event.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    more than you do

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    "These old-timers don't have any reason to stay subbed so we need to give them more snowflake fuel to stay subbed, quickly now!" /s

How many times are they going to keep awarding players for doing content when it's current? I'm not getting or expecting anything beyond what was available in-game when I did the current content from TBC to MoP. I'm satisfied with the rewards that were in-game back then and I find it insanely stupid to keep focusing on this event when there's not been anything resembling it in-game ever since and it's a thing of the past. Can we move on to the present and future, please? Brazenly gloating about a past event (that by all account was a shitty lagfest) repeatedly and bringing attention to the few loud hotcakes comes at the cost of those you alienate. It's an excellent example of why any rewards have to be shared with everyone who put in the playtime. How many of the scarab-lords pals and other players on the server are still playing who helped out with it all like everyone else leading to that single player getting mount and title? Those who were still around to cheese it in wotlk?
    Give exclusive mounts away single-time-only to new subs or returning players each month and watch players rage because they too deserve it for playing. They can make the game so we all come out as winners but it's much more fun servicing snowflakes on issues that have nothing to do with gameplay so they can strut around and rub it in the face of the players around them because why use something obtainable when you got unobtainable trash and can act like you've never grown out of the sandbox looking to always one-up everyone around you -.-' Downright obnoxious to contend with this atmosphere sometimes... Just see this thread. When players are divided and at each others throats blizz can breathe a sigh of relief instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    The problem with it feeling good is that it's just objectively not. You said it yourself, it was cheesed it WotLK and it actually isn't all that difficult to do, more than anything required timing.

It's this kind of exclusive mundane shit that people like him exalt to the mountains when it fundamentally means nothing other than the dopamine release in their brains. It's pathetic and designing the game around it shows Blizzard cares more about their whales than their consumers.
    Truth. This is how you keep them subbed and in the shop spending their money on merch in/game and irl. While defending blizz like a white knight on drugs.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-01-18 at 07:51 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I look forward to when the right person comes across that backpack upgrade and loses their farting mind. Years of saying spaghetti code and now it's an auth incentive lol, can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

You know technically, the people who have played the longest have invested more money in the game than newer players.

That's not true, there's literally 2 or 3 players that play since vanilla, the rest resubed when Legion came which is different from my case that I've been subbing since late cataclysm nonstop

more than you do
    Nah. They were already rewarded. Thanks for playing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Yeah, you worked your ass off TWELVE YEARS AGO. That doesn't mean that you and the handful of other Scarab Lords that still play deserve ANOTHER mount in your collection for doing literally nothing extra. You have your prestige. This mount should be modern prestige, not decade-old prestige. You really need to evaluate your ego.
    I was just giving an example of my thinking. I actually never got the mount, but I understand how it must feel like to have it. And I hate to break it to you, MMORPGs are all about ego and prestige. If you can't handle some people being better than you, tough.

Deleted
    Holy shit salty comments for days. While I do agree that WotLK Scarab Lords dont deserve this mount... the original ones (like myself) DO deserve it. It was extremely diffucult back then to complete the questchain and required insane amount of effort and dedication with your realm + your guild. Even the WotLK ones had to go through the trouble to finish it. It wasn't easy dude. 80 it was relatively way easier the 60.. but still.. don't expect people to just complete the questchain without coordination and effort.

Level 60 Scarab Lords are the most prestigious mount and title holders in WoW. Nothing comes close, not even R1.

Level 80 ones were lucky, very lucky and don't really deserve the title and mount imo. So I agree with you there.

But don't neglect the other 5% who DID get it at 60.

This is a nice change for people who did get the title and mount... because the Ultramarine Qiraji Tank took a little bit of our shine away. Nobody even notices my Black Tank because people who never seen the black one, mistake it with the blue one. Its so stupid. Not to mention, this is a nice update that goes very well with the Call of Scarab Event.

Don't speak like you were around at that time... and actually took part in the questchain at 60. You had your shot at 80, you missed it! The ones who got it at 80 were the smart ones and some actually finished the questchain at level 70 even before the new servers were opened.

You guys are such whiny crybaby morons man. Don't be that jealous. You never had a chance at it, even if you played around in Classic. It was only 1-2 per realm.
    Last edited by mmocc08f238cef; 2018-01-21 at 12:45 AM.

Don't be deliberately obtuse.

The old qiraji mount was developed in Classic WoW. People then, paid for its development and they also had the opportunity (however slim) to obtain it then.

The new qiraji mount was developed in 2017, people, now, paid for its development, and they never had the opportunity (however slim), to obtain it.
    Still not understanding your point. Does that mean that only people who played Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans have the right to play WoW since they were the only people that "paid" to develop it?
    People that earned Scarab Lord and have played since have spent way more on this game then someone who has played since any xpac after.
    Does that mean every item in the cash shop should be free since we paid for its development, and only have access thru real money? Should current players not have access to t3 gear or the Zulian tiger from the BMAH since they couldn't/didn't earn it while current?
    Do you get mad that Blizzard puts money into Hearthstone, OW, D3, and any other property they make or don't finish because you don't play them? After all, that's your money, right?
    You are still acting like you are under the impression no one who ever played vanilla still plays the game, or that they have been playing for free all these years.
    As stated, it's a perk to go to long standing customers that earned something (whether trivial or not), and on a personal level I'd love for all the bickering over it to stop as Blizz may become more inclined to reward things like this further down the road to people that earned the equivalent to Ahead of the Curve achieves, or achieves for timed runs in ZG.
    It's a bonus perk meant to reward, and instead of being happy for people that have continued to support Blizzard and do something that occurred years ago, people complain and moan that they don't get one. It's sad and entitlement at its finest.
    Hell, would you be happy if Scarab Lords got this for free while everyone else had access thru the cash shop or a 3 million gold price tag? Probably not. More than likely we would be subjected to a different forum of people bitching and complaining they have to pay while others get it free.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-01-20 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Tiwack;48693952]"These old-timers don't have any reason to stay subbed so we need to give them more snowflake fuel to stay subbed, quickly now!" /s

How many times are they going to keep awarding players for doing content when it's current? I'm not getting or expecting anything beyond what was available in-game when I did the current content from TBC to MoP. I'm satisfied with the rewards that were in-game back then and I find it insanely stupid to keep focusing on this event when there's not been anything resembling it in-game ever since and it's a thing of the past. Can we move on to the present and future, please? Brazenly gloating about a past event (that by all account was a shitty lagfest) repeatedly and bringing attention to the few loud hotcakes comes at the cost of those you alienate. It's an excellent example of why any rewards have to be shared with everyone who put in the playtime. How many of the scarab-lords pals and other players on the server are still playing who helped out with it all like everyone else leading to that single player getting mount and title? Those who were still around to cheese it in wotlk?
    Give exclusive mounts away single-time-only to new subs or returning players each month and watch players rage because they too deserve it for playing. They can make the game so we all come out as winners but it's much more fun servicing snowflakes on issues that have nothing to do with gameplay so they can strut around and rub it in the face of the players around them because why use something obtainable when you got unobtainable trash and can act like you've never grown out of the sandbox looking to always one-up everyone around you -.-' Downright obnoxious to contend with this atmosphere sometimes... Just see this thread. When players are divided and at each others throats blizz can breathe a sigh of relief instead.

- - - Updated - - -

dude.... players in the game get rewards continuously. Every fucking patch, you can get new stuff and get rewarded new stuff.
    Don't compare Scarab Lord to newschool stuff pls. Scarab Lord is a different ballgame.

I didn't see you get Scarab Lord at 60. Nor 80. I also don't see you having the achievement ''Veteran of the Shifting Sands''
    You are literally complaining about content you never did. Pls stop crying, and focus on new things.

As someone who plays pretty casually now, but opened those gates way back when and still mostly plays on that character, this thread was quite a wild ride. Most of you care WAYYYY more about this than I, one of the few who benefits from this, does.

The new mount looks great, it's a bit beefier than the old one. Wasn't expecting anything like this, but I might actually start using it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Loqmani View Post
    dude.... players in the game get rewards continuously. Every fucking patch, you can get new stuff and get rewarded new stuff.
    Don't compare Scarab Lord to newschool stuff pls. Scarab Lord is a different ballgame.

I didn't see you get Scarab Lord at 60. Nor 80. I also don't see you having the achievement ''Veteran of the Shifting Sands''
    You are literally complaining about content you never did. Pls stop crying, and focus on new things.
    Lmao implying Scarab Lord is hard compared to heroic (pre MoP) and mythic (post-MoP) raids we are tackling more recently.

Now that's amusing.

It's in a different ballpark. What a great joke.