Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Eh, if they did that, they could easily use scaling tech.

But I also think that if they were to do a Shifting Sands-type questline today, they could make it work a lot better, story-wise, and make more sense, rather than "these random raid bosses just so happen to carry what you need. GO GO."
    lol fucking seriosuly that azuregos would drop one of the most important things to the saftey of azeroth into a fish... But yeah it was bassicly a fucking joke quest, a bunch of movie references...
    king kong and jaws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I dont see a problem here :/ its a gift for those that had the original titles and mounts, the game has over 300 mounts and thats what makes us angry?? 5 scarabs?? come on for once use logic :/
    what?
    there is 3 mountsb eing added, only 2 of them are available to everyone else, and can only be used for 2 days in an event area.
    the black one can be used anytwhere at any time, and is only able to these 0.0001% of people, most of them who exploited in wrath to get it.
    and it is a unique model, for those who want this cool updated scarab mount, will never be able to get it in ANY COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol fucking seriosuly that azuregos would drop one of the most important things to the saftey of azeroth into a fish... But yeah it was bassicly a fucking joke quest, a bunch of movie references...
    king kong and jaws.
    But the prestige, though!

I do wonder how they could best make this available.

From a personal standpoint, I think if they made it available to players currently playing, that it should be something not randomly obtainable from doing a quest or 2, but definitely doable if you set your mind to it.

But I'd also be okay if they made it extremely hard and difficult.

But the prestige, though!

I do wonder how they could best make this available.

From a personal standpoint, I think if they made it available to players currently playing, that it should be something not randomly obtainable from doing a quest or 2, but definitely doable if you set your mind to it.

But I'd also be okay if they made it extremely hard and difficult.
    Kill 5000 bugs in a small instance (this way its not worry about farming) they put you in old silithis in one of the hives, and just force you to kill 5000 bugs.

Kill 5000 bugs in a small instance (this way its not worry about farming) they put you in old silithis in one of the hives, and just force you to kill 5000 bugs.
    I'd kill 5 million bugs if it meant I got to have the new model mount. :P

Yes, something that is developed with current money should be made obtainable for current players. Whether easy, or difficult, or near impossible.

Reevaluate your position and you'll find that you're the one on the side of "handing stuff out for free.", while I'm on the side of "this is a new mount, earn it.". Which makes you the entitled one.
    "this is a new mount, earn it" bwahahah sure, just like the Argus mount and all of those pretty store mounts are earned through blood sweat and tears, and are not at all handed out for free.

For someone who cares so much about the prestige of OG Scarab Lords (literally so much your entire existence seems to center around it), and also condemns the wrath Scarab Lords, you sure do have a twisted view of what's actually earned and what's handed out for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is literally a NPC mob with the color turned down. It would have been a few minutes of work at MOST.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Mountains of casual scrub salt in this thread. Git gud losers
    I lol'd a hearty lol from this, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    "this is a new mount, earn it" bwahahah sure, just like the Argus mount and all of those pretty store mounts are earned through blood sweat and tears, and are not at all handed out for free.

For someone who cares so much about the prestige of OG Scarab Lords (literally so much your entire existence seems to center around it), and also condemns the wrath Scarab Lords, you sure do have a twisted view of what's actually earned and what's handed out for free.
    I never said I care a lot about the prestige of Scarab Lords. I am simply trying to be consistent with my logic, not going "this is not prestigious enough to remove the mount from people who cheesed it, but somehow too prestigious to allow an entirely new model to be obtained by current players.". I am simply not holding a double standard.

And yes, someone who (and let's be honest, their guild did 90% of it, it was a group effort to reward one person) got something back in Vanilla shouldn't be given a new mount for doing nothing since then. Let's not even talk about WoTLK Scarab Lords, because they don't deserve the original mount, let alone a new one on top.

Still waiting for you to disprove my argument. Just because you think a lot of current day pretty mounts are too easy to get doesn't really change the fact that you are the one calling for mounts to be given away for free, while I am the one who's saying: "they should be earned."

Also, a question - do you own any of the following:

1) The Ret Paladin Hidden Artifact Skin
    2) The Marksman Hunter Mage Tower Artifact Skin
    3) The Outlaw Rogue Hidden Artifact Skin

?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It is literally a NPC mob with the color turned down. It would have been a few minutes of work at MOST.
    That's assuming the NPC mob came first. (it didn't)

Mountains of casual scrub salt in this thread. Git gud losers
    except we cat GIT GUD
    cause we would need a fucking TIME MACHINE to get this mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's assuming the NPC mob came first. (it didn't)
    It clearly did. Game development doesn't work like to seem to think it does. They didn't go out of their way to upgrade an ancient mount. It would have clearly been done after the NPCs were updated. It isn't the first time they have done things like this.

It also isn't a new model. It still shares the exact same model as the older NPCs. It is just an updated texture.
    Aye mate

It clearly did. Game development doesn't work like to seem to think it does. They didn't go out of their way to upgrade an ancient mount. It would have clearly been done after the NPCs were updated. It isn't the first time they have done things like this.

It also isn't a new model. It still shares the exact same model as the older NPCs. It is just an updated texture.
    No, it clearly did not, because it's the only model in three big hives filled with Classic models. You think they updated one model just to put it in a hive with otherwise old/outdated models?

And no, it's a new model. I'm a game artist, I work with models. It's an entirely new model with new textures.

Unless you have found some new revolutionary way to add random spikes and change entire mandible shapes out of nowhere on an old Classic model?

(yes, height maps exist, but those require a high enough polygon mount to get that amount of detail, which the original model does not have.)

Should have been gud when it counted. Guess you will never have it.
    That's right, someone else has something you will never have.
    Ever.
    You don't deserve it.
    It's not owed to you.
    Welcome to life.
    and i did GIT GUD when i could have gotten it
    i did the farming, i did the quests.
    but i was not the one to get the mount, the Gm and his wife were, so they got it, not any of us.

Should have been gud when it counted. Guess you will never have it.
    That's right, someone else has something you will never have.
    Ever.
    You don't deserve it.
    It's not owed to you.
    Welcome to life.
    You can't really be the arbiter of "git gud" when you're the one promoting the notion of giving stuff away for free.

That's a fact.

Welcome to life.

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't have introduced it.

No one of them deserved that treatment. No one.

Laugh at every SL with that mount who you'll meet. Just laugh at and ridicule them.

And WE all do not need that mount either. For all reasons it also can be non-existent, we don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it clearly did not, because it's the only model in three big hives filled with Classic models. You think they updated one model just to put it in a hive with otherwise old/outdated models?)
    No. They are event mounts. Which is their main use. The black one would have taken a few minutes extra.

These are the ones we get for the event. Which would have been why they were updated. This whole debate is stupid.
    Aye mate

king kong and jaws.

- - - Updated - - -

what?
    there is 3 mountsb eing added, only 2 of them are available to everyone else, and can only be used for 2 days in an event area.
    the black one can be used anytwhere at any time, and is only able to these 0.0001% of people, most of them who exploited in wrath to get it.
    and it is a unique model, for those who want this cool updated scarab mount, will never be able to get it in ANY COLOR
    So what? are we gonna QQ about that? as you said its 3 mounts ! THREE!! and out of those 3 only 1 is useable everywhere !! we got so many mounts that are usable 24/7 and with cool appearence ! are you really gonna care about 3 mounts ? come on mate you are better than that !

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole debate is stupid.

You are missing the whole point of a debate. Event mounts are fine.

But no one deserved special treatment with a black mount, it should be just an event mount, not a permanent one.

Because I don't whine about being entitled to getting a new mount because I'm a special snowflake paying sub fee in 2018, I'm calling for mounts to be given away for free?
    How is that logic? Because I don't agree with your salty sentiment you conclude that I'm opposing your views, whatever they might be? Great argument I must say, big thumbs up!

How you can care SO MUCH about this one single mount that only a handful of people will get is beyond me. It's literally one of the most trivial, insignificant things to happen in this game in years

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling for mounts to be given away for free?
    You are missing the point. They should not exist.

It's literally one of the most trivial, insignificant things to happen in this game in years
    Thanks for saying that a reward for those, who done a thing, that was already controversial and toxic in that time in classic / wotlk, is insignificant thing.

I didn't quote him, but it's a reply to the other crying dude.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the new HD update of the black mount being given to SLs, not the Scarab Lord event itself. Don't feel insulted