Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, it depends. Which role Darkspear and Vol'jin will have during the whole Zandalari affair? When and how Zandalari even began to consider joining the Horde and, most importantly, when and how such idea came up within the Horde ranks? We can all agree that, so far, not even the Darkspear trolls themselves would think about such a possibility.
    I'm pretty sure the Zandalari will simply join by having the Horde help them out with their blood troll situation and Zul. I dont think they are giving any spotlight to the Darkspear. Not even Vol'jin who's probably getting Kenobied
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    They said that once they reach max lvl, players will be able to go on other faction's island. There's probably gonna be some short quest chain to get the other side invested in raid too. Could be that they're gonna go that canonially Horde deals with Blood god while Alliance with Azshara maybe?
    Given how nighthold seems to be "horde raid" in canon i think that will be the case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Given how nighthold seems to be "horde raid" in canon i think that will be the case.
    I might be wrong but... Isn't aszhara a later patch content?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I might be wrong but... Isn't aszhara a later patch content?
    From what i understood, blood god raid is BFA emerald nightmare, and azshara raid is its nighthold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    From what i understood, blood god raid is BFA emerald nightmare, and azshara raid is its nighthold.
    But I thought there was another Kul Tiran thingy for the Alliance. Or was it only dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    But I thought there was another Kul Tiran thingy for the Alliance. Or was it only dungeons?
    I don't think they announced any raid other than horde one. They just mentioned azshara as being next.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I feel like Darkspears should have an upright option like the orcs are getting. The troll hunch may be 'signature' of the trolls, but it really makes their models unappealing.
    Blizz have said that the Zandalari are essentially going to play the role of upright trolls. Darkspear will not have an upright option like Orcs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Blizz have said that the Zandalari are essentially going to play the role of upright trolls. Darkspear will not have an upright option like Orcs.
    Blizzard said that the Darskpear's hunch is "a part of them character"
    So... Why is my troll constantly trying to go upright?

Ok, let's assume that it is iconic.
    So... what about females?

How do you think the mouse over will appear for sub races? For example, as of right now if you hover over a Darkspear Mage, it says "Troll Mage." When Zandalari comes out will it remain "Troll Mage" and then they would include "Zandalari Mage" or "Zandalari Troll Mage"? Will Darkspear get the say "Darkspear Mage" or "Darkspear Troll Mage"?

How do you think the mouse over will appear for sub races? For example, as of right now if you hover over a Darkspear Mage, it says "Troll Mage." When Zandalari comes out will it remain "Troll Mage" and then they would include "Zandalari Mage" or "Zandalari Troll Mage"? Will Darkspear get the say "Darkspear Mage" or "Darkspear Troll Mage"?
    Not sure if they even thought about that tbh lol. Probably one of those you mentioned.

Darkspear have proven to be stronger over the years. I'd worry Zandalari surviving in a Darkspear's Horde sooner.

Not sure if they even thought about that tbh lol. Probably one of those you mentioned.
    I hope they include the tribe names for both. I'm leaning toward "Darkspear Troll Mage" and "Zandalari Troll Mage."

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they include the tribe names for both. I'm leaning toward "Darkspear Troll Mage" and "Zandalari Troll Mage."
    I lean towards "Troll Mage" and "Zandalari mage"

The Highmountain Tauren should confirm us, they are either "Tauren", "Highmountain Tauren" or "Highmountain" as well

10+ Year Old Account
    So I must admit this is something I am rather curios about. Horde is basically getting much flashier and interesting troll "tribe" with inclusion of the Zandalari. It's safe to say that apart from their long lasting loyalty to the Horde, which means pretty much in my book and why I don't won't them to fall into obscurity, Zandalari bring much more to the table than Darkspear.

With Vol'jin dead and Rokhan not getting model update, which usually implies low participation in the overall story, how do you see Darkspear competing against Zandalari for troll spotlight in the future? I know we'll be getting Vol'Jin origin story, but not sure if that will actually progress Darkspear story apart from maybe fleshing them out a little.

Are they destined to become neglected orphan of the Horde or do you think Blizz has some plan to address this situation?
    I don't think model updates mean much, I mean look at how many updates Vol'jin got, and he did almost nothing even when he was Warchief.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    I don't think model updates mean much, I mean look at how many updates Vol'jin got, and he did almost nothing even when he was Warchief.
    Te be fair, he got a model update and became a central figure in MoP and became Warchief.
    Sure, then they killed him for reasons, but once his model got updated, he did do things

10+ Year Old Account
    Te be fair, he got a model update and became a central figure in MoP and became Warchief.
    Sure, then they killed him for reasons, but once his model got updated, he did do things
    Near the end of MoP when they made Garrosh a homicidal maniac...then he became Warchief, did nothing, and got killed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Near the end of MoP when they made Garrosh a homicidal maniac...then he became Warchief, did nothing, and got killed.
    He got a model update 2 patches earlier, with the Dagger in the Dark scenario, where he began to plot against Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    He got a model update 2 patches earlier, with the Dagger in the Dark scenario, where he began to plot against Garrosh.
    Just saying other than when Garrosh went off the deep end he wasn't really involved in much of anything. Garrosh and the revamped Troll starting zone are basically all of the action he got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I'm pretty sure the Zandalari will simply join by having the Horde help them out with their blood troll situation and Zul. I dont think they are giving any spotlight to the Darkspear. Not even Vol'jin who's probably getting Kenobied
    The point is that the Horde has no reason to be there in the first place. Just look at Kul Tiras, a nation historically aligned with the Alliance and that has Jaina as effective link between the two; the Zandalari are not comparable. The Horde, unless Vol'jin/Darkspear play a role of some sort, has no link whatsoever. Hell, right now they can't even know if simply landing on Zandalar would mean being slaughtered on sight. Last but not least, the Zandalari's storyline so far has been tightly connected to the Darkspear and Vol'jin above all. In this particular context they're just too important.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-01-18 at 01:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Highmountain Tauren should confirm us, they are either "Tauren", "Highmountain Tauren" or "Highmountain" as well
    Darkspear should get some tribal recognition imo. Same with Highmountain and Lightborne etc.

- - - Updated - - -

But current in-game tauren are from the Bloodhoof clan. We've always just called them tauren or troll because no other tribe/clan was included yet. Now that more are included we should distinguish them by including tribe/clan name.

Bloodhoof Tauren
    Highmountain Tauren
    Darkspear Troll
    Zandalari Troll
    Bronzebeard Dwarf
    Dark Iron Dwarf