Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    Yes that makes a lot of sense, your score "shot up" while you were helping casual players. But you won't help anyone else, oh no, our hopes dashed.
    ? Why are your hopes dashed? Are you not capable of working your own way up? That's what most of us did.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    this site started tracking and applying an arbitrary "score" to my character without my consent
    Wooooha, that part of the sentence explains a lot ...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I don't "need' to work with anyone that doesn't share my mindset and gaming goals. Period.

No one has to do anything they don't want to do. Therefore, if you don't want to up your score to make it easier on you (and less of a pain for the other 4 in your group) then don't. You simply shouldnt expect people to cater to you.

As far as these so called elites joining casual groups, advertise correctly and that won't happen.
    You're judging players based on data or the same lack thereof instead of giving them a chance and expecting nothing only to be happily surprised. You should try it sometime instead of gatekeeping like that. Why do you think raider.io is different to gearscore in this regard? Or ilvl being indicative of the players capabilities? Shortsighted to judge based on so little when you know nothing about them. It's not like you could ask a few questions that you think the player should know the answer to and come up with just as good a result judging his skill as these idiotic addons do.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

My raider.io fake news score naturally shot up to levels that will get me invites after I started casually helping my casual guildmates through higher level keys. Funny thing is, I'm still the same player I was before this site started tracking and applying an arbitrary "score" to my character without my consent and I still don't want to play with the kind of elitests who "need" raider.io meat tied around their necks just to interact with other people.
    Guess what. The girl that gets a master's degree from some fancy uni is still the same lass as before, but suddenly her 'value' on the employment market shot way up. 'Take my word for it' coming from a stranger doesn't cut it anywhere, and if you choose to game in an environment of brief encounters between anonymous players, then you better have something to back up your 'words'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You're judging players based on data or the same lack thereof instead of giving them a chance and expecting nothing only to be happily surprised. You should try it sometime instead of gatekeeping like that. Why do you think raider.io is different to gearscore in this regard? Or ilvl being indicative of the players capabilities? Shortsighted to judge based on so little when you know nothing about them. It's not like you could ask a few questions that you think the player should know the answer to and come up with just as good a result judging his skill as these idiotic addons do.
    Yep. I am definitely gonna talk to all those 40 DPS who apply for my alt's 16 key.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I totally get why people want to see a score when they're running a group, even for a 15. It's just unfortunate that many people have to run much higher keystones to get the rating to get in the group to run the 15.
    To be fair, of all the inane things they want us to 'Read description!' for, 'looking for low pop player for M+ score building' doesn't seem that outlandish.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    Yep. I am definitely gonna talk to all those 40 DPS who apply for my alt's 16 key.
    Use it at your own risk when there's plenty of applicants but don't put it between you in times when it's not a sellers market.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    the reason why there is so much applications is because keysystem has fundamental flaw

main goal of literal fuckton of people is only 1 +15 dungeon a week - thats why you have those 40 dps applying

if people had a way to make it into +15 without having to run pointless dungeons to raise their key level tons of people would make their own +15 groups and you wouldnt have 40 dps applying

the system is just flawed atm thats all .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the reason why there is so much applications is because keysystem has fundamental flaw

main goal of literal fuckton of people is only 1 +15 dungeon a week - thats why you have those 40 dps applying

if people had a way to make it into +15 without having to run pointless dungeons to raise their key level tons of people would make their own +15 groups and you wouldnt have 40 dps applying

Indeed, this is yet another big flaw of the system.

There is a lack of consistency here, similar to how the leaderboard system places disproportionate value on early reset runs for those players who can take time off from work or school/university.

The demand/supply curve between a +14 key and a +15 key is insanely flawed due to the arbitrary 'break point' imposed by Blizzard. In practice, a +14 key has a fraction of the demand (and therefore supply of players) that a +15 key has, despite pretty much having the same level of difficulty.

Similarly, keys higher than +17 are relegated to a much smaller pool of players who actually 1) need the loot from them 2) are keen to beat high-level challenges. And unfortunately, to ensure success, they're usually forced to participate in the other inherently flawed system that is the Mythic + score.

Blizzard should work on achieving a more consistent reward/effort curve for Mythic + dungeons, which in turn will smoothen the demand/supply curve across different key levels.

14 vs 15 is not really a breakpoint. You just get a 955 base ilvl loot in your chest instead of 960, not really a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Use it at your own risk when there's plenty of applicants but don't put it between you in times when it's not a sellers market.
    When does it happen? When I pug occasional 20 there are still 10-15 dps applying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Because getting a +14 key from the chest and have to do 2 dungeons instead of one per week (or if you three chest it 4 dungeons in 3 weeks) is such a big difference. If you would get a +15 key instead of a +14 key, every player would only play their own key.

btw: i have 25-50 DPS, 3-4 heals and 1-2 tanks to my +18-20 keys. A lot of keys get flooded with applicants.

I never really bothered with this on my main because I mostly do anything with guildies either way and I have > 965 itemlevel atm, so I get invites for most runs either way, no matter my m+ score, but today I checked for the first time and my score is really low.
    Like REALLY low. Again, for my main this is not a problem, but I am currently equipping an alt for the Coven fight (because fuck melees, am I right?) and I still need a lot of M+ with him for Equipment, Artifact Power and Legendaries.
    So just to get this right: For my realm for the last few weeks you needed at least a +18 in time to appear in the top 100 leader board at all. Does this mean, that as long as I am only interested in doing +15m I am unable to raise either my m+ or my raider.io-score? They are only tracking the top 100 because this is the online thing the Blizzard API delivers to them, correct?

I dunno, this seems just a strange concept to me, because on my main I usually 2 or 3 chest the +15 every single week easily, but my score is still so low because I never appear on the leader boards.

Did I get anything wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Because getting a +14 key from the chest and have to do 2 dungeons instead of one per week (or if you three chest it 4 dungeons in 3 weeks) is such a big difference. If you would get a +15 key instead of a +14 key, every player would only play their own key.

btw: i have 25-50 DPS, 3-4 heals and 1-2 tanks to my +18-20 keys. A lot of keys get flooded with applicants.
    for a lot of people yes it is collosal difference since they dont need loot from there in first place - they only want weekly chest

blizzard could offest it by making different stone for weekly +15 - or add funcionality to key to choose like "weekly chalenge" and then go straight to +15 when chosen it.

Main has 2500 io score 970 ilvl, if I don't get invited on my alt for 15s (1500 io 960 ilvl) i log on my main get invited and leave after first or second boss to ruin their key.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I never really bothered with this on my main because I mostly do anything with guildies either way and I have > 965 itemlevel atm, so I get invites for most runs either way, no matter my m+ score, but today I checked for the first time and my score is really low.
    Like REALLY low. Again, for my main this is not a problem, but I am currently equipping an alt for the Coven fight (because fuck melees, am I right?) and I still need a lot of M+ with him for Equipment, Artifact Power and Legendaries.
    So just to get this right: For my realm for the last few weeks you needed at least a +18 in time to appear in the top 100 leader board at all. Does this mean, that as long as I am only interested in doing +15m I am unable to raise either my m+ or my raider.io-score? They are only tracking the top 100 because this is the online thing the Blizzard API delivers to them, correct?

I dunno, this seems just a strange concept to me, because on my main I usually 2 or 3 chest the +15 every single week easily, but my score is still so low because I never appear on the leader boards.

Did I get anything wrong here?
    If you need to up your score by doing keys you dont have logged yet do it early in the week as others will not have pushed keys yet so you are more likely to get a run on the leaderboard. It goes by key level then time. If you don't make the leaderboard IO won't count it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    14 vs 15 is not really a breakpoint. You just get a 955 base ilvl loot in your chest instead of 960, not really a big deal.
    from purely psychological breakpoint yes it is - people consider unconsiusly 955 as garbage and 960 as their goal.

lets consider this scenario what if blizzard didnt stop on +15 only given lets say 870 for +17 875 for +19 and 880 for +20 .

then people would desperately try to get to 880 and ignore +15 as utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post

I play 6 chars. I still want to get mythic quality loot for them weekly, so I want to do my +15 (and they're all in the 955-970 equipped item level range, so they're fully capable). I don't want to do a dungeon for loot on my alt that I can only use if it titanforges, because the chance of that is miniscule, and it's half an hour I could spend on something more useful, like a heroic antorus run where something useful is far more likely to drop.

This means that yea, I'll spam-apply to any group between 15-20. If I get lucky and get into say, and 18, I might have keys for my char for the next 3 weeks, so that's great. I don't *just* go for a 15 because the difference between 15 and 18 is really nothing much, and it does benefit me to go for the higher one. But on the other hand, I couldn't give less of a fuck about sub-15 because it's just pure wasted time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrquickfoot View Post
    Main has 2500 io score 970 ilvl, if I don't get invited on my alt for 15s (1500 io 960 ilvl) i log on my main get invited and leave after first or second boss to ruin their key.
    People require good scores to weed out people like you. Congrats, you're exacerbating the problem.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

My raider.io fake news score naturally shot up to levels that will get me invites after I started casually helping my casual guildmates through higher level keys. Funny thing is, I'm still the same player I was before this site started tracking and applying an arbitrary "score" to my character without my consent and I still don't want to play with the kind of elitests who "need" raider.io meat tied around their necks just to interact with other people.
    Cool don't play with them then?

This whole thread feels like a reflection of a generational problem in society. Just like the threads about AoTC required for H raid pug bitchfests. At what point in our society did everyone become so entitled? What is wrong with having to work for something things are way more rewarding if you have to put in some effort to achieve an end goal.

Everyone complaining is completely capable of working towards raising their scores in order to get into better groups if they want to, or find a guild to run with or any of the obvious solutions. Why is it blizzards responsibility to ensure that everyone gets their weekly 960 loot with no effort? Why should you not have to put in some effort to achieve something in this game?

Threads like this are the reason we have a mythic raid with 9 bosses that barely qualify as heroic bosses and 2 real mythic bosses at the end. Everyone feels like because they pay 15 dollars a month they are entitled to get Cutting Edge when they aren't willing to put in the work to do so.

I shudder to think how some of these people will deal with it when they get into the real world where you fortunately still have to work for things to achieve them. I for one am very concerned with the future of society if we continue to allow this cancerous entitlement mindset to continue and someday become the norm.
    Last edited by VarianceWoW; 2018-01-18 at 03:27 PM.

Yeah i'm very worried about the future when i see that too. This is really a new thing, i think some guy named Platon wrote something about it lately..

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    People require good scores to weed out people like you. Congrats, you're exacerbating the problem.
    Is there a correlation somewhere between M+ score and not been an asshole?