Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm currently playing a rogue and my friend a retribution paladin.

And yeah.. the balance is a bit odd. We're lvl 25 and i need like 3-5 seconds to kill a mob. And he just button smashes his way through every enemy like before the patch. One-twoshotting them with crits over 2k while the enemies have 1,7k hp.

It feels really bad if you kill one mob while someone else kills 3 in the same time.

Maybe they have forgotten to nerf Ret Pala's dmg in the lower levels like a lot of the other classes like Monk, hunter and warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    A new player plays through the starting zone.
    Finds out the level 5 breadcrumb quest teaching about the inns is gray because they have a good half left to the level 5.
    Starts grinding mobs to level to 5.
    Realized it is 2018 and uninstalls the game.

A genial move.
    Cool story bro.
    Now for some reality.
    I introduced some new younger players to the game for real. (16-19yo)
    They leveled to 20, then uninstalled as to them it felt like a joke game without any challenge.
    They honestly asked whether the game was more oriented to very small kids (lower K12).
    So I also showed them a Blizz-like vanilla server.
    They loved it, still asking me to play with them.
    Not sure how they would feel about the rework yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Watching people without heirlooms spend 45 seconds pressing 1,2,3 1,2,3, 1,2,3 over and over again to kill a single mob (and god forbid the quest 'boss' mobs) certainly looks unfun as fuck, but even with heirlooms it's sluggish and pretty unfun as far as gameplay goes.

If it takes 45 seconds to kill a mob post-7.3.5, you have to question if you are capable of playing this game or any game.

A normal player will on average take down a standard mob in 10 seconds, without heirlooms.

Git gud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Did you like it? or hate it? is it challenging?
    I like it, makes it feel a little more interesting than just killing and sprinting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Did you like it? or hate it? is it challenging?
    Not really.

There is a good change in that you can, say, mix and match zones from Cata and MoP.

And there is a bad change in that everything takes longer. I get the brief spurts of excitement from some who like it, but I think they just like the novelty and not the changes specifically, the more you play the more you realize that 99% of the effect from the changes do is just added tediousness, things simply take longer than before and that's about it. It is hardly exciting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramborg View Post
    Tweaking the old dungeons and nerfing the Heirlooms and making the leveling more irritating and annoying than ever.

1. 90 % of the people who que as tank have no clue how to tank / pull mobs which are not necessary.
    2. CC'ing mobs in dungeons where gone past Wotlk and i don't see any point in CC'ing a mob and hitting it.
    3. The HP pool of mobs & bosses are really high and it takes a long time and boring.We had a non loomer in the group and he was only scratching the boss and was below the tank.
    4. With full heirlooms the dps is not enough to get the boss down.
    5. Rather than tweaking 1-100 , why not tweak Antorus or the current content.

Today qued Dire maul (54) and man it was so fucked up with a tank dying every pull with level bracket and too long dungeons and less exp when completed. Took like 2 hrs to clear the whole instance just doing the objectives.They should have just left the dungeons alone and altered the zone mobs. Rather than clearing catch-up content and doing stuff in the current expansion its reversed way better to spend time in legion than leveling an alt. If blizzard thinking of tweaking Dungeons and then push every one to get a (Paid boost) not happening. There should been a option for ppl to choose if they want this leveling bracket or be it as it was normal before 7.3.5.

And for the people who say "it was mind nummingly boring " to spam dungeons(before 7.3.5) trust me you will regret the new change. I have played during the old times and it was all fun and enjoyed it while it lasted i don't want to go back and break my head to complete some of my favorite dungeons for 1 level for 2hrs. TW- BT was a pain to and i just did it once to get the glaive morg & will never go again and the same goes to Uldar. Anyways my point is the dungeon boss / mob hp is too high to spend more time to even level a alt. Rather spend time in legion and have fun.

Time taken to clear 1 classic lvl 50 dungeon (2hrs) = (1hr)M0x4 maw (atleast i got a antorus loot).
    I fully agree with everything.

I was thinking leveling my last char to 110 after this scaling world, but now after doing 1/2 dungeon and trying few of quests in EPL everything just seems to have way too much hp. Guess it's fine if you are caster though /shrug. So my opinion at them moment is - It's horrible. -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronoizo View Post
    I fully agree with everything.

I was thinking leveling my last char to 110 after this scaling world, but now after doing 1/2 dungeon and trying few of quests in EPL everything just seems to have way too much hp. Guess it's fine if you are caster though /shrug. So my opinion at them moment is - It's horrible. -
    Yup. I also played a bit and instead of being excited and playing more, I am putting down the game for a week or so hoping they will scale it back, preferrably all the way. It just feels like a waste of time to be spending 2-3x as long doing the exact same thing you were doing before for lower rewards in terms of XP. Maybe someone who didn't level anything in years is excited, but I am not and I think they will stop being excited after some time as well (at best after proudly getting to max level and more likely after getting 10-15 levels and then dropping the alt and going back to their main).

Deleted
    1-60 is really nice and well done, no more 1 shot retard fest
    60-80 same but you need to open your eyes and understand that you need actually to avoid things nor mass pull if you can't handle it.
    80-100 maybe too much hp

As a vanilla retail player with 13 years of experience I welcome this change, I like it even in dungeon context.
    But since I have all classes and have a lot of experience, I maybe handle it ez even if it isn't for somebody else.

Also even if it is an hard way or harsh way to learn your class instead of pressing the same button, I think it is a good method to help new players to learn the game, instead of rushing 110 and get kicked because they sux due to ignorance of their own class.

Meanwhile a new player would maybe have mixed feeling.

Eh,so typical... People are 1 shotting all mobs - a complaint. People usually have to use a few abilities to kill a mob - a complaint. Sure,what's the point of actually PLAYING the game,when you can rush it to 110 and then get a kick from a dungeon group,because your magical 2 button rotation doesn't work anymore. Who needs to learn the class you play,right?

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Eh,so typical... People are 1 shotting all mobs - a complaint. People usually have to use a few abilities to kill a mob - a complaint. Sure,what's the point of actually PLAYING the game,when you can rush it to 110 and then get a kick from a dungeon group,because your magical 2 button rotation doesn't work anymore. Who needs to learn the class you play,right?
    that's some hardcore bs considering you lack so many spells while at lower levels. "i learn to play the class". gimme a break.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

I guess there’s a huge difference between being challenging and just being annoying.

Which is largely depends on the rewards players can get.

In this case Blizzard decided to be a jerk and fuck every single newcomers by reducing exp gain and increasing the exp requirements AND even increased the overall difficulties of the game.

I have no fucking clue what the developers are trying to do here.

Deleted
    I absolutely love it.

I feel like I'm actually playing a class, using the abilities I gain as I level rather than just 1-3shot everything with whatever strongest instant cast I have. Leveling before the patch was the most mind-numbing, soul-crushing chore, now it feels like a part of the game. I'm very happy they went through with it.

My only wish is that they'd go further. Dungeons are still way too easy, so far I haven't had a single wipe, and as a healer I've been DPSing most of the time. Bosses do not feel threatening. Mobs in the world are still a bit too easy as well, especially on the damage front. I only feel in danger if I fuck up massively and pull 4-5.

But overall, this is the best change to the game in a long, long time. I just wish they'd get rid of heirlooms and turn them into a shirt that gives the total amount of +xp% the full set used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    that's some hardcore bs considering you lack so many spells while at lower levels. "i learn to play the class". gimme a break.
    Because the BS of spamming 1 key and then learn at 110 is better? Rofl

At least now you learn the core rotation.

Tried it last night on my level 50 mage. What an absolute siht show. I completed 30% of badlands (using Dugi tracker) and only got 10% XP bar.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to making the expansion more alt friendly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    Tried it last night on my level 50 mage. What an absolute siht show. I completed 30% of badlands (using Dugi tracker) and only got 10% XP bar.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to making the expansion more alt friendly
    They put ez epic and leggo farming at 110

Here it is your alt friendly.

Do not confuse with " levelling from scratch as new player "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Because the BS of spamming 1 key and then learn at 110 is better? Rofl

At least now you learn the core rotation.
    Or just use the 100 trial to practise with every class. WoW combat is NOT difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Or just use the 100 trial to practise with every class. WoW combat is NOT difficult.
    Yeah because the trial is meant to give you every possible scenario from questing to PvP to dungeon, not a fast look at the class to decide if it is worth to level, and still the trial doesn't make you learn the class.

Yee nice idea.

Or if you are lazy you can just buy the boost to 110 with gold and call it a day?
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2018-01-18 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Haven’t tried it, haven’t had chance.

I hear WoD is overturned as fuck though.
    WoD is just impossible now, at least for pgs that were already in before the patch.

Yesterday I logged with my lvl 98 DK an started the first Horde quest in Nagrand. Now, apart from the fact that mobs require 3 times the time to beat them, the drama is when you need to defeat the named mob at the end of the chains: my 128K Frost DK was annihilated by the named boss in the cave arena, he had something like 500k HP and hit like a truck.

So I thought “oh well, let’s skip it for the moment and let’s go the Arena Circle under the Horde village to do other quest.”. Problem is that all quest givers apart from one were inactive (they are probably triggered if you go on with the quest before I could not complete).

This lonely qg sent me north. I was able to progress (slowly and dying) until I had to kill another named mob. This one had 700k hp and hit like Hulk enraged. After 5 deaths without seeing his bar going under 50%, i went to bed.

If this scenario is intended, someone in Blizzard had some mental issues.

Deleted
    Hope you are not telling us, you aren't capable to solo Elite quest that require peopleS, because it would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Hope you are not telling us, you aren't capable to solo Elite quest that require peopleS, because it would be fun.
    It's a single-person quest and he is right.

I am overleveling WoD Nagrand (in fact, I am above level 100), but yesterday some mobs were simply ludicrous in how hard they were. And those that weren't a challenge were taking a very long time to kill.

Blizzard screwed up enormously, their testing was a joke.