Happy birthday monks!

5 years ago today MoP was released along with the best class in the game. Any fond memories that you guys have with your monks?

On top of my head :
    - Brewmaster : most damage done and least damage taken on Heroic Thok (solotank). Guard shielding teammates for huge amounts.
    - Windwalker : using transcendance to swap place with one of your SEF......Touch of Karma only being removed when an ability deals more damage than your current hp (OP in pvp). And last but not least...The CONSTANT high dmg from Tigereye brew, beating up all those burst classes (cf Garrosh : last in p1, mid in early p2, first when dead).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Managed to get an awesome name for my pandaren monk, and did Recruit-a-Friend in the weeks before release so I had bonus levels to grant to immediately boost him to 80. Then founded a monk / pandaren RP guild, definitely made MoP one of the more memorable and fun expansions.

https://i.imgur.com/SZJ8QSP.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously trying to think of any memorable moments from MoP or my Monk during MoP and I legitimately can't... That was one boring expansion for me...

The only moments that I can even remember are ganking people on Timeless Isle and getting my Leggo cape.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

1 v 2's, watching Destro locks kill themselves, touch of death insta gibbing players @ 20% hp (maybe it was 10%, don't recall exactly)

7+ Year Old Account
    Solo'd the last 5% of heroic Garrosh with my MW while it was still on progression. I actually secured our first kill on it.

No fond memories that stick out, but I do have a memory. I was basically kicked from every dungeon I joined when I started MOP content with phrases like "omfg blood elf monk!" "Dirty blood elf monk. quit playing!"..ect..ect
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Played mine off and on since the last patch of MoP. No other class caught me by the tail as the Monk did since my earliest Warrior days in 2007. It was a blast.

Legion is giving me a pretty good highlight reel of memorable moments now that I'm playing it a little more full time, but the best one has to be the sheer sense of joy when I announced to my guild "alright guys, I can break the game" after a couple of demoralizing wipes on the Norgannon phase at Coven.

i miss the old touch of death as MW. Lots of kill in v2 arenas, especially disc priests or dks. Saving the day and finishing raid bosses alone thanks to it too (did it twice).

Give a panda a pat today.

When i got realm first lvl 90 monk in MoP that was amazing and one of the best days in my WoW history. MoP was the best xpack for me

BrM was my fav tanking spec for MoP and WoD. Rest in peace, my obliterated spec.

5+ Year Old Account
    Legion has finally made me understand the Monk class (specifically windwalker) a whole lot more. Back in Mists of Pandaria, I was a total, complete noob to the Windwalker. Then Warlords of Draenor came, I was still a noob. Now Legion, I understand Windwalker fully and completely. I am monk. I am monk in real life. Quiet and Meditative. Back Warlords of Draenor, Windwalker was so clunky. Expel Harm to get chi. Gawd, I remember Expel Harm and everything else to generate chi as Windwalker.

Also, brink back Healing Sphere (Mists of Pandaria)! It was so op back in Mists of Pandaria! That is why they got rid of it for Windwalker. I believe Mistweaver right now currently, should still have Healing Sphere. But I just miss Healing Sphere so much! Instant cast was so op! Now we have a wimpy Effuse! Effuse literally heals for nothing if you don't spam it (in arenas). I always spam Effuse. But I understand.

I know Blizzard wants Windwalker to have to cast their heals. Healing Winds (artifact trait) is basically the same thing as placing your three Healing Spheres on your spirit port. They really did polish the Windwalker playstyle in Legion. I always knew that Transcendence was going to be instant cast. I remember that 0.94 cast time (or whatever it was) on Transcendence and Transcendence: Transfer. I always knew it was going to be Instant cast!!!

Legion Windwalker playstyle: Finalized, Polished!

Warlords of Draenor Windwalker playstyle: Clunky.

Mists of Pandaria Windwalker playstyle: Introduced. (don't really know since I was a total noob during this.)

I always knew Blackout Kick would cost 1 Chi instead of 2.

Energizing Elixir is fixed.

I remember back in Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor, Tigereye Brew. You had to generate enough stacks of your Tigereye Brew to do some damage.

Now, I love Serenity (PvP) and Storm, Earth, and Fire (PvE).
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2018-01-18 at 09:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    BrM was my fav tanking spec for MoP and WoD. Rest in peace, my obliterated spec.
    Agreed, the completely ruined it with Legion.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

5+ Year Old Account
    Some of my memories:

- Carrying the flag in Warsong Gulch as Windwalker. So much fun!

- Just how finalized the Windwalker playstyle is now in Legion. Tigereye Brew gone (now as an honor talent though). Energizing Elixir fixed. Blackout Kick costs 1 Chi. Transcendence and Transcendence: Transfer now both Instant cast. Healing Winds (artifact trait) and placing your three Healing Spheres on your spirit port.

- Getting my monk class mount.

I have a shit ton more memories but I don't want to make this too long, lol.

Deleted
    Happy birhtday to MoP

Deleted
    Tanking the first boss in the first mogu raid, topping damage and healing meters with zen pulse and crazy vengeance scaling. Cannot remember last time i felt so prepared for a raid. Overall raiding in that expansion was fun (until SoO started to drag on).

I remember watching a Brewmaster Monk solo Mythic Garrosh during MoP and I fell in love with Monk immediately. Being able to control the pace of your damage intake was all too appealing. So many changes through the years from MoP to WoD and the removal of Vengeance, from WoD to Legion (rip guard), Brewmaster still finds its way back up to the top in terms of mitigation and smoothing out damage and I'm glad to have stayed Monk throughout all these years. Thanks Blizzard for releasing my favorite class.