Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Why they are here illegally .. why should my tax dollars support them? I have no problem with all legal immigrants, legal immigration is the backbone of American. It has nothing to do with race there are a lot of illegal Canadians in USA and most of them are white and I think they should get kicked out and banned as well. I think ALL illegals should get kicked out and never allowed back.
    So why not just make all the illegal immigrants legal? Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    What are they then?

When you go to the USA in your childhood and get raised there, live there your entire live, get an education and a job there, what are you if not american?

Would you like to suddenly be told tomorrow that you're actually Somalian and have to leave the country? It's no different for these people. Many of them often don't even realize they weren't american born until they're adults. Honestly, if they're not american they're not anything else either, they never consciously lived or learned how to survive in the country they were born in either.
    I'm sure what they're fighting for is the Chinese model of Immigration, seems like a lot of White Supremacists and Alt-White Neo Nazi's want since they always use China or Japan as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It would damage the way people see the Democratic party beyond repair.

Trump (and the Republicans) will not just have a stick to hit them with, but a huge tree log.
    So the previous two times the republicans shut down the government because they were pissy about Obamacare, throwing their support behind a peophile as a candidate, and Trump's overall utter incompetence and daily idiotic rants are "nothing" but the democracts opting to not approve DACA provisions they dislike is "a huge tree log?"

I think not.

You really can't say the democrats will "lower the bar." The republicans have already dragged it as far down as it'll go.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

What are they then?

When you go to the USA in your childhood and get raised there, live there your entire live, get an education and a job there, what are you if not american?

Would you like to suddenly be told tomorrow that you're actually Somalian and have to leave the country? It's no different for these people. Many of them often don't even realize they weren't american born until they're adults. Honestly, if they're not american they're not anything else either, they never consciously lived or learned how to survive in the country they were born in either.

You can't just deport people to a place they don't even know how to live. Maybe if they committed a heinous crime or something, but not when they're just living their normal daily lives like everyone else around them.
    They are illegal aliens .. it doesn't matter when you came or what happened .. blame your parents if you wish .. they are still here illegally and need to go. Yes you can deport people who are here illegally .. that's the point to a law and the law is clear here they dont belong and putting the needs of illegals over the needs of actual American Citizens is wrong.

You mean a education and job WE paid for? We should charge them for this in fact since most likely their parents didn't even pay taxes and soaked up many social programs they were not entitled to .. but that's another story for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So the previous two times the republicans shut down the government because they were pissy about Obamacare, throwing their support behind a peophile as a candidate, and Trump's overall utter incompetence and daily idiotic rants are "nothing" but the democracts opting to not approve DACA provisions they dislike is "a huge tree log?"

I think not.

You really can't say the democrats will "lower the bar." The republicans have already dragged it as far down as it'll go.
    A new low for Donald Trump every day lol.

And it's amazing the Republicans whine about the Immigrants when the Oligarch takes advantage of the working class.

10+ Year Old Account
    That a whole other issue but that's not the issue at hand. The issue at hand is the Democrats want to withhold their required votes on the finance bill required to keep the government open over illegal aliens .. so they will shut down the Government over Illegals ... putting illegals ahead of American Citizens who they work for.
    And what if they don't like other aspects of the budget, hmm?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    So why not just make all the illegal immigrants legal? Problem solved.
    Better idea kick them out .. we are a country of laws and this would just cheapen the process the people who actually worked to be come a legal immigrant followed. You cant just hop a fence and say yaaa im here now give me citizenship it doesn't work like this.

Take DACA away, what about the wall hmmmm? Illegal Immigrants have been dropping for quite a while now.

Ok awesome but that's not what they are saying .. they are saying no Daca deal no budget.

Better idea kick them out .. we are a country of laws and this would just cheapen the process the people who actually worked to be come a legal immigrant followed. You cant just hop a fence and say yaaa im here now give me citizenship it doesn't work like this.
    a country of laws? BWAHAHAHAHAH the amount of Bullshittery the Corporations get away with are hilarious. That's hilarious coming from the Republican party working against the working class.

No because the democrats what to withhold their votes on the funding bill unless they get what they want. So they will shut down the government over illegal aliens.
    Except there is a bipartisan will to continue DACA. Hell, a bipartisan group continued to work on an agreement (that Trump rejected) even after Trump's shitshow. It's just that GOP wants to attach border wall nonsense onto DACA. If you really want to blame democrats and not GOP for it, at least lay the blame accurately. Because they'd be withholding votes over Trump's retarded delusions of a border wall. But given that there is consensus over DACA recipients and it's GOP that demands irrelevant shit to be added to it despite the consensus, it's them refusing to cooperate until they get what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except there is a bipartisan will to continue DACA. Hell, a bipartisan group continued to work on an agreement (that Trump rejected) even after Trump's shitshow. It's just that GOP wants to attach border wall nonsense onto DACA. If you really want to blame democrats and not GOP for it, at least lay the blame accurately. Because they'd be withholding votes over Trump's retarded delusions of a border wall. But given that there is consensus over DACA recipients and it's GOP that demands irrelevant shit to be added to it despite the consensus, it's them refusing to cooperate until they get what they want.
    oh also calling Haiti a SHOLE was such a smart move when talking about Comprehensive Immigration and Budget reform.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know the DACA program has no adverse effects on the US economy. The only reason to dismantle it would be to appeal to the nationalistic and/or economically-illiterate amongst Trump's voting bloc.

The real question I must ask, though: what's preventing these people from attaining Citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit View Post
    As far as I know the DACA program has no adverse effects on the US economy. The only reason to dismantle it would be to appeal to Trump's nationalistic, economically-illiterate voting bloc.

The real question I must ask, though: what's preventing these people from attaining Citizenship?
    This is also not talking about how Corrupt Border Security is.

I think not.

Obamacare is still a bad law ... it spends a shit ton of government money into a system that is simply blowing up. It does nothing to control costs and it has made heathcare affordable for many. Deductibles have skyrockets ... Monthly costs have sky rocketed and the amount the US Government pays for healthcare, per man woman and child, is more than double the cost per person than anywhere else in the world but others have their healthcare covered We still need to pay serious amounts out of pocket to receive it.

Democrats controlled everything then too .. why was healthcare not nationalized? Why was there no effort to control costs? Why did they simply throw money at a situation here and say ok good done .. Now look at what things cost, its out of control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit View Post
    As far as I know the DACA program has no adverse effects on the US economy. The only reason to dismantle it would be to appeal to the nationalistic and/or economically-illiterate amongst Trump's voting bloc.

There is no path for them since they came here illegally, not even marriage. They must leave the country to apply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yes there is but the democrats want other illegals protected .. parents and no wall .. Republicans are willing to say Ok to Daca but want the others deported and want a wall.

So the kids can stay the parents leave.

Quote Originally Posted by xRandx View Post
    oh also calling Haiti a SHOLE was such a smart move when talking about Comprehensive Immigration and Budget reform.
    It is a Shithole country ... we all know this .. you know this .. they know this .. why do you think they dont want to go back?

- - - Updated - - -

That is not what DACA recipients do or did either. They're people who lived most of their (recent) live in the USA than anywhere else.

There is a difference between illegal aliens and DACA recipients.

I'm all for stopping and deporting illegal aliens, but there is a line, and that line of reason gets crossed when you start trying to deport people who are more american than anything else.
    no there isnt they still came here illegally

Obamacare is still a bad law ... it spends a shit ton of government money into a system that is simply blowing up. It does nothing to control costs and it has made heathcare affordable for many. Deductibles have skyrockets ... Monthly costs have sky rocketed and the amount the US Government pays for healthcare, per man woman and child, is more than double the cost per person than anywhere else in the world but others have their healthcare covered We still need to pay serious amounts out of pocket to receive it.

Democrats controlled everything then too .. why was healthcare not nationalized? Why was there no effort to control costs? Why did they simply throw money at a situation here and say ok good done .. Now look at what things cost, its out of control.
    No, Democrats did not control everything Obama had to make deals with Republicans on Obamacare. And yes Despite all the argument and backlash from both parties at-least the Democrats were able to make things "better" Most people studying it already knew it was juts a bandaid.

Most Democrats wanted better obamacare in other sense more reform not Trump taking it away and giving us worse coverage.

Can you explain how that is a concern when your government just pushed a tax cut it can't afford either? Either you care about national debt and spending, or you don't. You don't get to nitpick when you do or don't care. Republicans never had an issue with increasing national debt. It's what they do whenever they can.
    I never said I was Republican .. I never said I was a Democrat .. I have leanings on both sides wow hard to imagine huh

It is a Shithole country ... we all know this .. you know this .. they know this .. why do you think they dont want to go back
    Wow, again not all parts of Haiti is a shithole. Shithole is Subjective and can easily lead to petty arguments and more Pointless Discourse. So tell me, what was the point of Trump calling other countries Shithole.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are illegal aliens .. it doesn't matter when you came or what happened .. blame your parents if you wish .. they are still here illegally and need to go. Yes you can deport people who are here illegally .. that's the point to a law and the law is clear here they dont belong and putting the needs of illegals over the needs of actual American Citizens is wrong.

You mean a education and job WE paid for? We should charge them for this in fact since most likely their parents didn't even pay taxes and soaked up many social programs they were not entitled to .. but that's another story for another day.
    Illegal aliens are barely a concern. They make up a minuscule fraction of the US population and yet the republicans are trying to tell you they are responsible for all of America's ills. That ALL other legislation is immaterial compared to dealing with "the illegals." Can you name a single other political talking point trump ran on (besides drain the swamp and lock her up, which he abruptly claimed he was just kidding about.) They're the same stock that asserted that the Japanese and Chinese and Irish and Catholics and Germans and Italians were all "ruining America."

So congrats. You're the latest group to buy their anti-immigrant drek. I honestly could not care less about illegal immigrants being in this country. It is such a colossal non-issue that gets an ignominiously large amount of attention because republicans have to capitalize on making people scared of some "other" to get votes. So go ahead. Ban the muslims and build that 30 billion dollar wall, and then continue to wonder why healthcare is still shit, why wealth inequality is still growing, and why the middle class is continuing to shrink.

...and then, of course, you'll also be wondering why their are still the threat of terrorist attacks and illegal immigrants, because non of the republican's solutions would fix the supposed "issue" anyway.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.