Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I thought they were pretty great. I don't like Saurfang coughing like that, not sure if it's foreshadowing or just a reference that he's old. I also think they need to slim out Anduin a bit. I dunno if that's supposed to be armor underneath his casual wear or what, but it's starting to look like a human marine from SC. Super thick armor, tiny head sitting on top.

I certainly hope we get more of this. I'm dying to get more faction leader interacting with one another. This stuff makes the game for me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I don't like Saurfang coughing like that, not sure if it's foreshadowing or just a reference that he's old.
    I took that as him choking on his drink because of Baine mentioning Silithus. Saurfang goes way back with Silithus, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I certainly hope we get more of this.
    Seconded!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I took that as him choking on his drink because of Baine mentioning Silithus. Saurfang goes way back with Silithus, after all.
    Same here on the choking thing.

Have to say, you could tell right away these were't written by the usual Blizzard writers. Everyone felt more... real and had a lot more emphasis on their personal relations, rather than everyone coming off as some invincible hero.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    The dialogue, the expressions, everything. Bravo.

And lmao when Sylvanas sighed as Gallywix walked up to her, perfect!
    Oh come on! That was the best bit of the Horde one, the fact that Gallywix is like, the stone in your boot at times. Brilliant job adding them in at a gathering. I have to say, Horde one is my favorite of the two.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Thanks. I did my best.

Deleted
    A lot of people confusing

Writing from Goldie

With

Making the actual video animation from animator

But hey this is MMO C

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I disagree. The Horde one was great. The All...i mean the Human one was not. Humans, humans and more humans. Silithus is a Nighteleven zone. They fought the second most important war of their existence there. If anyone notices something is wrong there it should have been a Nightelf. But nope. That was obviously not the theme they were going for...and from what we know so far it is not the theme of BFA either. It's Humans. And more Humans.
    Silithus is a Silithid zone. And no, the most important war for the Night Elves was the War of the Ancients.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    How do you actually get to see the cinematics in game ? Didn't notice any quest or anything when I was logged in earlier not that I was looking for them.
    Kill Argus. Turn in the quest, possibly the Illidan crystal one too. Then logout and back in, and Nathanos should start yelling at you.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    The only cool thing about horde cinematic is Varoks voice. Gave me goosebumps.

Otherwise 4/10

Baine:"For against all odds, we have vanquished the Legion".

Last time I checked it were the order hall leaders + Illidan + Velen + Magni + Army of Light who did that.
    The Horde and Alliance armies did fuck all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post

The nod to Genn that Anduin looks for feels very out of place for them. Anduin should trust Mathias Shaw implicitly given their history. .
    You haven't done the legion rogue campaign then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I like how fanboys deny the alliance is all human and friends now but deny it.
    Noone in the Alliance denies that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Baine:"For against all odds, we have vanquished the Legion".

Last time I checked it were the order hall leaders + Illidan + Velen + Magni + Army of Light who did that.
    The Horde and Alliance armies did fuck all.
    Horde and Alliances races are part of the order halls, no?

I got to agree, I just watched both and they was really good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah they were both absolutely amazing. The expressions (eye movement, pauses, etc), dialogue and everything else were absolutely on point. Nothing felt forced everything felt very natural, was really good.

Both the animation team and the writer(s?) did very well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    A lot of people confusing

Writing from Goldie

With

Making the actual video animation from animator

But hey this is MMO C
    And yet, the scene choreography was writen by Golden. Things like Gallywix's walking and singing and Sargeras' surprise about Silithus came from the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    How do you actually get to see the cinematics in game ? Didn't notice any quest or anything when I was logged in earlier not that I was looking for them.
    Go kill Argus the Unmaker in antorus raid. Relog in orgrimmar or stormwind.

Onto topic: oh yeah these were fantastic. I cannot help, but feel that Azerite does something to people who hold it. Anduin's facial expression when he held it was uncharacteristic, even Sylvanas's eyes lit up hungrily. It makes one wonder if Azerite has some affect on the mind, or if the theory that all powerful people on Azeroth are imbued with part of the titan-soul's power, so they are seeing it's blood and having some deep-seeded reaction.
    Last edited by Dastreus; 2018-01-18 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I disagree. The Horde one was great. The All...i mean the Human one was not. Humans, humans and more humans. Silithus is a Nighteleven zone. They fought the second most important war of their existence there. If anyone notices something is wrong there it should have been a Nightelf. But nope. That was obviously not the theme they were going for...and from what we know so far it is not the theme of BFA either. It's Humans. And more Humans.
    You need to watch that again. I saw Night Elves, Pandaren, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Draenei. In fact, the Alliance video was more inclusive as the Horde one omitted Pandaren (unless they've left the Horde?).

It is true that the Alliance huddle at the end was human, but then the Horde one was only Forsaken and Goblin. That part was appropriate politically for each faction.

Also worth noting:
    • Anduin was giving an inspiring speech to citizens from all races of the Alliance, and being cheered.
    • Sylvanas let Baine do the speech and did not even join in when the others toasted and cheered "For the Horde".

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    The dialogue, the expressions, everything. Bravo.

And lmao when Sylvanas sighed as Gallywix walked up to her, perfect!
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

TBH I stopped caring about new Blizzard Retail cinematics after I watched the one with the Kung-Fu Panda during Kungfupandaland. That was the last straw for me.

Care to share with us?
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    You haven't done the legion rogue campaign then?
    Exactly. Not only very appropriate given recent history, but might represent a security strategy moving forward. I wonder, do Worgen perhaps have heightened senses even when not in wolf form? Was Anduin's caution purely because Mathias had recently been replaced by a Legion Dreadlord, or was it also because Genn might have an edge in spotting other imposters?

It made no sense. Neither Anduin nor Sylvanas led the charge on Argus after the broken shore fiasco.
    I mean yeah, he lost his dad, but he did nothing much after that. So him standing there making this big speech like he did something is silly.
    Same for Sylvanas sitting there brooding when for most of the Legion campaign she was more interested in the Wolf man.

Not to mention that "us champions" as the actual heroes with legendaries never get mentioned.
    And they act like our order halls didn't count as if the victory over the Legion was done as some sort of "faction" based effort.

But the worst part is how they act like nobody knows about the Sword of Sargeras on Azeroth except Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

TBH I stopped caring about new Blizzard Retail cinematics after I watched the one with the Kung-Fu Panda during Kungfupandaland. That was the last straw for me.

Care to share with us?
    Here's the Alliance one. It will have a link to the other one.