Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No reason not to have them, really. Any of the two.
    "No reason not to" isn't a reason to.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    "No reason not to" isn't a reason to.
    If you followed the topic, I guess you would understand better. It is security, no reason not to protect yourself.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I don't even have a smart phone. All I carry is one of those cheap-o flip phones for emergencies. Thanks blizz.
    Been a while since I used a flip phone but I certainly remember being able to receive sms on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Nah, read it again. If someone could steal your data from Blizz. I believe (I can't know for sure) that Blizz is for our security, sure. But what if some 3rd party would steal Blizz/user data at some point? The whole thing blows up, not only your characters and account. That's why I don't give them my phone number, so a 3rd party won't steal mine from Blizz, which is a big company with big publicity.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why it's advertised and tied to those bagslots. It needs more attention.
    Than you are left with 2 other options. Buy an authenticator and not use your phone or stay with the backpack you currently have. None of this is forced on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I don't even have a smart phone. All I carry is one of those cheap-o flip phones for emergencies. Thanks blizz.
    Buy an authenticator than, problem solved.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Read something in your life: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/26824
    Cell phones with prepaid plans may not work with the SMS Protect service.
    because you obviousbly failed your school: here is a lil'text for you to LEARN something:
    may is used to express possibilities. I bet you feel pretty stupid now, especially considering that I have SMS Protect AND a prepaid....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You're a lucky one.
    that has nothing to do with luck but with having a proper provider.

- - - Updated - - -

Now this is the other BIG thing where ppl are mistaken in this matter. A pet, a mount is nothing, it doesn't affect your game at all, it's pure cosmetic. However this time, the first time they introduce bag slots as reward. Bag slots actually affect your gameplay, they save you time.
    And again proven that he is silly. Vendor Mounts and vendor Pets save time to silly. and btw 4 slots is NOTHING

5+ Year Old Account
    I cannot sms protect my phone number. It doesn't get accepted for some reason. I got an authenticator but looks like no bags for me.

Deleted
    No one said that Blizz is a korean hacker, and it was only an example... but whatever.
    but like all you examples a pretty SHIT one eh? damn racists...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I cannot sms protect my phone number. It doesn't get accepted for some reason. I got an authenticator but looks like no bags for me.
    Same here, not a prepaid plan. Can live without 4 slots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    is your country set to the right one in your account data?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    is your country set to the right one in your account data?
    Yeah, but I travel and use phone from other country.

Deleted
    Do you lose the 4 slots after removing the authenticator?

Yeah, you also needed them, otherwise you wouldn't even care my opinion about it.
    Could care less about them. Just laughing at you throwing a tantrum like a spoiled brat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    because you obviousbly failed your school: here is a lil'text for you to LEARN something:
    may is used to express possibilities. I bet you feel pretty stupid now, especially considering that I have SMS Protect AND a prepaid....
    I really don't have patience for people like you. If it may not work, it's not garanteed to work, yes? Thank you, don't come again. You learned nothing.

If you followed the topic, I guess you would understand better. It is security, no reason not to protect yourself.
    I only installed an authenticator yesterday for the first time. Have never been hacked before. Not like an authenticator could have made me be hacked even less.

So, again - I had no reason to before yesterday.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I only installed an authenticator yesterday for the first time. Have never been hacked before. Not like an authenticator could have made me be hacked even less.

So, again - I had no reason to before yesterday.
    And then you could move the camera to someone else who's been hacked multiple times in their time of playing. And no, not me, was an example. Haven't been hacked or suspended before.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    why do I need two methods of authentication on the same device for one game? Anything that means I can't authenticate with my phone probably means I can't... authenticate with my phone.

Here we go. According to 7.3.5 patch notes, you'll need the Authenticator software and sms protect too to get those nasty 4 extra bag slots.

In the first round when it was just about the Authenticator, I knew it's a trickery. It was too obvious.
    so thats why it didnt work when i tried it last night

as always blizzard lies to its customers nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so thats why it didnt work when i tried it last night

as always blizzard lies to its customers nothing new
    It takes some time to update, took my account like 30 mins to get the bag slots

Or maybe they finally found out ^^
    good then its quite clear what people need to do - demand from blizz to make basic back space min 50 slots now that they have the technology so that backpack isnt smaller then bags.

Everyone can use an authenticator, this isn't how they should get them to people.