Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

7.3.5 = the death of DPS soloing dungeon content?

I just came from a Scholomance where, within the first 4 packs, the group wiped 3 times as a whole and 1 time in parts, saved by a warlock and his pet. The tank was running in but visibly not using any defensives and overpulling everything. When told to pull mobs from the stairs and not overpull, he said "lol this is WoW" and just kept hammering until he ragequit.

It's a far cry from when I ran that place 3 nights ago and 2 DPS (destro warlock and a arms warrior) were not only pulling packs, but pulling ALL of them whilst the rest roflstomped everything down as we were waiting for a tank to fill the tanking spot. Only a few days ago it was entirely possible for an all dps group to manage the dungeons.

Has anyone had similar experiences in old world dungeons? How do you feel about the changes?

Edit: I should probably share my own opinion. I think it's fantastic! Sure it's got some teething problems as players become aware and the bad players stop attempting to fill major roles in group content, but the playerbase will adapt.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-18 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I just came from a Scholomance where, within the first 4 packs, the group wiped 3 times as a whole and 1 time in parts, saved by a warlock and his pet. The tank was running in but visibly not using any defensives and overpulling everything. When told to pull mobs from the stairs and not overpull, he said "lol this is WoW" and just kept hammering until he ragequit.

It's a far cry from when I ran that place 3 nights ago and 2 DPS (destro warlock and a arms warrior) were not only pulling packs, but pulling ALL of them whilst the rest roflstomped everything down as we were waiting for a tank to fill the tanking spot. Only a few days ago it was entirely possible for an all dps group to manage the dungeons.

Has anyone had similar experiences in old world dungeons? How do you feel about the changes?
    Highlighted what sums it up for me.

This is WoW as it is supposed to be.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I feel like dungeons aren't worth doing while levelling.

At all. Too much hassle, too little experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

This. /10char

how it was back in the day - for the purposes of actually doing the content and not skipping it

Deleted
    How do you feel about the changes?
    From an actual solo perspective, I don’t like it. Most lowlevel mobs doesn’t make me stop to hit them one by one, but the later expansion raids have indeed become a bit more challenging for no real reason.

As for the GROUP PLAY you describe, it is frekkin awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Dungeons, in my opinion and in my experience during Vanilla, have always been there not for experience but for gear. Yes, its true that once you reach max level most gear is immedietely replaced by raid epics and stuff (which wasn't quite like that in Vanilla though), but now that leveling takes a bit longer, just like in the good old days, I think it is quite worth doing some dungeons for gear, which can help you face the mobs around the world with some more ease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Highlighted what sums it up for me.

This isn't the WoW I've been playing for the past 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Dungeons, in my opinion and in my experience during Vanilla, have always been there not for experience but for gear. Yes, its true that once you reach max level most gear is immedietely replaced by raid epics and stuff (which wasn't quite like that in Vanilla though), but now that leveling takes a bit longer, just like in the good old days, I think it is quite worth doing some dungeons for gear, which can help you face the mobs around the world with some more ease.
    Gear is useless while levelling. The stats are so close together that it doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing they're returning to the roots of cooperative RPGs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

That's one of few reasons why I quit playing chars w/o tanking specs >_>

This post made me so happy. I can only hope that new players engage in the new "harder" dungeons to help train them not to be mindless zombies at end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    This post made me so happy. I can only hope that new players engage in the new "harder" dungeons to help train them not to be mindless zombies at end game.
    Or make them completly ignore dungeons, with them being long, difficult, and yielding way to little exp and way to poor loot for the effort.

There should be a better reward for it, the dungeons are actually difficult now, and a player rarely engages in more difficult content just for the sake of it, with no reward at the end of a stick.

Gear is useless while levelling. The stats are so close together that it doesn't matter.
    Well, except that itsn't useless ANYMORE. ? Ye.

I mean, a mob at level 28 has 2500 HP, a mob at level 80 has like what? 30-40k? Gear is the only thing that keeps you up to date with that

This isn't the WoW I've been playing for the past 7 years
    That’s great news !
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really tried on classes I have experience with, but I've found Ragefire Chasm to be nearly impossible to solo as ret paladin at like level 25~. The pack of mobs just did too much damage and I did too little.

It kind of sucks since I really enjoyed soloing dungeons as an alternative leveling method. I also feel like dungeon mob exp is lower than it used to be, making it even less worthwhile (it already was kind of below questing in terms of speed and efficiency).

Maybe it's just ret paladin, though.

Also after writing this comment I realized you weren't actually speaking of actually soloing dungeons without a group lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Well, except that itsn't useless ANYMORE. ? Ye.

I mean, a mob at level 28 has 2500 HP, a mob at level 80 has like what? 30-40k? Gear is the only thing that keeps you up to date with that
    Has gear scaling changed recently??

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Has gear scaling changed recently??
    Well, there is a noticable difference between having items and not having items...

yes spending more time in shithole dungeons from long ago is really something inovative and really helps you learn your class with the 2 spells you have. yesss great idea indeed
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I haven't really tried on classes I have experience with, but I've found Ragefire Chasm to be nearly impossible to solo as ret paladin at like level 25~. The pack of mobs just did too much damage and I did too little.

It kind of sucks since I really enjoyed soloing dungeons as an alternative leveling method. I also feel like dungeon mob exp is lower than it used to be, making it even less worthwhile (it already was kind of below questing in terms of speed and efficiency).

Maybe it's just ret paladin, though.

Also after writing this comment I realized you weren't actually speaking of actually soloing dungeons without a group lol
    Vanilla dung Scales now 15-60 aswell so prolly why you cant solo it.They are same lvl as you

[...]Scholomance where, within the first 4 packs, the group wiped 3 times as a whole and 1 time in parts [...] tank [...] not using any defensives and overpulling everything.

Actually is this great news, that's how it should have been for a long time (basically since WotLK).

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you just buy a boost if leveling isn't worth your time?
    It's part of the game, enjoy it without just looking at your xp/h ratio.