Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    below plat is still plagued by the preformance SR you have to gain the system by 1 tricking a dps or off meta heroe your good at to get to diamond then try to flex unfortunately
    This has been proven false and the more people believe this crap the more nobody plays tank or support which well...........makes you lose.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

People would be less toxic and show less rank entitlement if they hid SR until the end of the season and it showed you how you did.

Overbuff doesnt lie.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i used to blame other people too. I was in Low plat and being annoyed by the rest of my team and not really looking at my own play.

Then I changed my mind set and looked at my own play. I was constantly out of position and trying to 1v5 the other team. No matter who you are, that is not going to go well.

Now I have improved that aspect of my game and work together with people and I am now up to 3350 (Or was, lost 3 in a row last night ).

The point is, the only way to get better at this game and to rank up is to look at your own play. Leavers and Trolls will happen but if you improve yourself, you will climb. It takes time but it is totally possible. Make sure to have a positive attitude as well. Insulting people and telling people to switch only causes things to go even more poorly. Work with your team and things will be a lot better, I promise.

15 games loose streak yesterday. I play mainly supports this season, sometimes tanks. I wad so infuriated that even had a fight with my wife. I love the game, i believe iam not bad at it, but the level of cancer yesterday drove me off completely...

The best thing you can do, mentioned before, is find people that you like playing with. I only enjoy Overwatch with friends, I never play alone. I am very lucky in that I have a lot of RL friends that I can play with but I also have made friends in Overwatch that I enjoy playing with. I'm not particularly social either. Just a quick message is usually all you ever need. "Hey, good job last game, want to group up for another?" Most people will say yes. Then, if it goes well, great! Ask to friend them. If it doesn't, leave group and don't look back.

Communicating with your team is also a huge part of it. I'm not particularly good, but I can always place gold and usually get to platinum in a couple games. I also tend to only play about 10 games a season, if that. Since I usually play Support, I call out things like snipers, characters chewing up our back lines, that I died, and what to watch for.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    15 games loose streak yesterday. I play mainly supports this season, sometimes tanks. I wad so infuriated that even had a fight with my wife. I love the game, i believe iam not bad at it, but the level of cancer yesterday drove me off completely...
    You probably should stop after way less than 15 games lose streak. Any pros will tell you to NOT play when you ale on a lose streak. Or when you are angry.

Yeah, stop playing when you stop having fun, dude. You may not realize it, but by the time you got to loss 4 or 5 your personal perfomance probably dropped off by 20%. I can only imagine how bad you were by 15.

Take a break, go snuggle with the lil' miss. You'll do much better overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Okay. Overwatch is a game designed for players who are competitive and try to be above average at the game they’re playing. What goes into that is practicing/grinding strats and most importantly working on your aim in games like these.

The biggest problem I see for players from rank 0-2000 is their aim. It’s awful. Their sensitivity is too high or their mouse/mousepad or whatever is odd. Or they just don’t have a lot of time on FPS’s.

The biggest problem for players 2000-2500 is their picks, lack of communication, and inability to question if the problem is THEM and not their team.

The biggest problem for 2500+ players is positioning and timing.

Good players don’t plummet to bronze. A mid-gold DPS one-trick could wipe a whole silver team by himself.

You’re just not good right now, accept it. Get better. Good players got good because they blamed nothing but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    Good players don’t plummet to bronze. A mid-gold DPS one-trick could wipe a whole silver team by himself.
    False. That was a WILD exaggeration.

Bronze - Plat is all the same crap, combinations of and degrees of the following: No awareness, poor teamwork, bad aim. Diamond is full of decent know it alls that tilt super quick, masters is even more toxic until you get closer to GM.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-22 at 02:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I got a couple of questions about climbing and ranking in general.
    A little bit of backstory: I started playing a few months ago, Overwatch is my first FPS, level like 170, and while I've most of the time hanged in QP, but when I saw season 7 was ending I decided to give competitive a try and placed 2300, with the higher a 2499.
    Now in season 8 decided to take it more serious, ranked more or less the same, but every game seems like a coin toss.
    Either we stomp or get stomped. And most of the games I lose are with people in coms demanding switchs, roles and stuff, while usually the games I win are with people just picking what the want and doing their jobs with 0 interference.
    I mostly play dps, but switch to tank/sup if no one does.
    The thing is: what should I play or get better in order to rank up?
    Should I just play the heroes I know im good at and try to "carry" with them? Or always switch to the hero we may need even if im not that good at him?
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Chances are you have stabilized your rating and you need to focus internally on your gameplay issues, then you will climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    So I got a couple of questions about climbing and ranking in general.
    A little bit of backstory: I started playing a few months ago, Overwatch is my first FPS, level like 170, and while I've most of the time hanged in QP, but when I saw season 7 was ending I decided to give competitive a try and placed 2300, with the higher a 2499.
    Now in season 8 decided to take it more serious, ranked more or less the same, but every game seems like a coin toss.
    Either we stomp or get stomped. And most of the games I lose are with people in coms demanding switchs, roles and stuff, while usually the games I win are with people just picking what the want and doing their jobs with 0 interference.
    I mostly play dps, but switch to tank/sup if no one does.
    The thing is: what should I play or get better in order to rank up?
    Should I just play the heroes I know im good at and try to "carry" with them? Or always switch to the hero we may need even if im not that good at him?
    I went from low plat to diamond filling with Soldier as DPS, Zarya as tank, and Moira as heals because their ults are game changing and hardly ever countered in that bracket.

You have an unhealthy relationship with the game if you play it until you get so angry you take it out on your "loved" ones. Like others have said, walk away for a bit. Is FINALLY getting that win really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    It seems to be going the way of QP lately, I placed Platinum in season 5, I was so jazzed and then season 6 rolled around placed high gold......got knocked all the way down to silver but ended in gold, this season? Placed high gold, lost 5 matches in a row due to a few leavers, trolls, and people who wouldn't play tank or support (I was a tank) which after losing 5 in a row right after placements it shoots you 1 rank down doesn't matter what your SR is.

So down to silver I go, I think to myself "Well, ok I got hammered down to silver before and climbed back up I can do it again"........and here I sit at 905 SR because of leavers, trolls, people who won't tank or heal, 1 tricks etc.

So.........wtf is the point in competitive if this is going to be the norm, where competitive is just another QP? I play to the best of my ability but when me as a healer gets gold elims, objective elims AND healing as Lucio when (on the off chance someone else heals) we have a Mercy there is a problem. I am seriously losing any positivity I had going into this, I was hoping that things would be different but at the seasons go on the worse the players become and it is becoming more aggravating than it is fun.

I love the game but the players are really starting to piss me off.
    You don't have a gaming community, guild, group of friends, or anything like that you can team up with, a set team etc? That's the "why bother" getting a team and giving it your best and see how you end up when the season is over.