Tried to give it another go, what happens? Overtime, on point with our moira, I'm at 15 hp on McCree and Moira is at like 20. She's not healing me for some reason, she throws the damage orb at their entrance instead of using a healing orb to heal us both. Genji comes out and gets some damage from the orb, dashes us and we both die. -14 points because she didn't heal me nor use the healing orb when we were just standing there on the point uncontested prior to genji dashing us. Why does Moira attract so many stupid people?

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    There's a lot of misogyny in OW and Blizzard aren't doing anything to combat it. Yeah, you'll tell me to report but they don't look at any reports, you need enough people to have reported them in a specific time frame to trigger the automatic silence system for them to even be muted, which is a fucking joke because they should be banned from the game instead of being allowed to continue playing while muted.

I've never encountered anything on this scale in WoW or any other MMO I've played, not in CS:GO either. I refuse to get on the team voice chat because of it, if you play 10 games, you're guaranteed to have encountered at least one such person, if not more.
    Don’t tell me they are not doing anything, that would be patently false bullshit made up in your imagination because you have no clue what they are doing. Someone told my 14 year old daughter that if they had tits they could be diamond too. She reported them and the next day she got an email saying the player received a ban. So obviously they are doing something. They can’t actively monitor even a fraction of the 30+ million players they have across the globe, the problem is the culture of the gamers. Solve that problem and everything would be great. Blaming the game just reinforces that the people doing this never have to change their behavior. People steal cars, is that the fault of ford and Chevy for making cars? By shifting the blame off from people who actually behave badly we only ensure that these kinds of people never change their behavior.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-18 at 01:00 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Wait how do you even see this block list?
    Options or settings somewhere in the b.net app.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Don’t tell me they are not doing anything, that would be patently false bullshit made up in your imagination because you have no clue what they are doing. Someone told my 14 year old daughter that if they had tits they could be diamond too. She reported them and the next day she got an email saying the player received a ban. So obviously they are doing something. They can’t actively monitor even a fraction of the 30+ million players they have across the globe, the problem is the culture of the gamers. Solve that problem and everything would be great. Blaming the game just reinforces that the people doing this never have to change their behavior. People steal cars, is that the fault of ford and Chevy for making cars? By shifting the blame off from people who actually behave badly we only ensure that these kinds of people never change their behavior.
    Equally, throwing your arms up and saying "Unfortunately it is going to take something massive to change the culture of gamers to be less toxic and stop being abusive to others online regardless of gender. So massive that I doubt very much it will ever happen." and therefore doing nothing, and not expecting to see some kind of enforcement from the company isn't exactly going to achieve much either.

You can't really fault people for thinking they're doing nothing when it rarely ever results in any action taken against the offenders. My report count for abusive chat is well beyond 100 and I've received no confirmation. Most of it is just normal flaming, some of it is people saying they are hoping I get raped or saying what kind of things they want to do to me, some is related to me having a battletag in korean and people being racist, so I'm an easy target when I for some reason have been placed on american servers instead of singaporean servers. No confirmation from any of the reports.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-01-18 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Any good play lately ? Been a while since your last links. :P
    Not much play good or bad, spent Christmas in Barbados (silly ex pat relatives) and came back to seeing real life people for table top RP, birthdays, axe throwing etc. It’s exhausting, I just want to spend this weekend in my pyjamas playing video games.

Omg those new skins. I might have to start working on my Roadhog and Widow to start using them.
    If you haven't seen them, it's accessible from the launch window.
    Roadhog=The Butcher from D3.
    Zarya=D3 Barbarian.
    Widow=SC Nova skin.
    Rein=younger cinematic skin.
    Doomfist=Doomhammer skin.
    Torbjorn=Magni Bronzebeard.
    Orissa=Egyptian styled skin.
    Mei=not sure. Just looks like a winter style getup.
    All are pretty awesome.
    The sprays are pretty cute, as well as the new icons.
    Available Jan 23rd

These are all great additions, along with the new map which is what I'm really excited for
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asp Pharah skin. Have you seen it? LOOK AT IT.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/st...71420522307584

It's beautiful!

Buff Pharah so I can use that skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Equally, throwing your arms up and saying "Unfortunately it is going to take something massive to change the culture of gamers to be less toxic and stop being abusive to others online regardless of gender. So massive that I doubt very much it will ever happen." and therefore doing nothing, and not expecting to see some kind of enforcement from the company isn't exactly going to achieve much either.
    It's apparently not "gamer culture" if you barely have any people on your block list from WoW. I think the toxicity is from the shooter/MOBA crowd more than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You can't really fault people for thinking they're doing nothing when it rarely ever results in any action taken against the offenders. My report count for abusive chat is well beyond 100 and I've received no confirmation. Most of it is just normal flaming, some of it is people saying they are hoping I get raped or saying what kind of things they want to do to me, some is related to me having a battletag in korean and people being racist, so I'm an easy target when I for some reason have been placed on american servers instead of singaporean servers. No confirmation from any of the reports.
    I can fault people for thinking they have done nothing, they are shitty people and shitty people should not get a pass just because they haven't been punished for being a shitty person. Someone steals your car, they don't get caught, so it isn't their fault for being a shitty person? Whose fault is it? The car makers?

You want to bitch and complain that someone was shitty to you and then you want to give them an excuse why it isn't their fault? That makes no sense what so ever.

Your report count may be high but that doesn't mean the reported persons count is high which is exactly the count that results in banning. When someone reaches a number of reports that Blizzard determined to be actionable they get autobanned, then they can either accept the ban or contest it at which point it becomes Blizzards duty to remove that booty. For all you know that person went off once on you and never went off on anyone else before or after. More than likely they have many reports against them, but they obviously havent reached the threshold yet. Blizzard can't police everyone, it's physically impossible.

This isn't something that just popped up because of Overwatch, it has always been there for quite a while. The last time I saw a community behave itself in general was when FFXI came out, when you could ask a question in public chat and get told an answer instead of being told how much special sauce your mother got last night.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-19 at 04:49 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    It's apparently not "gamer culture" if you barely have any people on your block list from WoW. I think the toxicity is from the shooter/MOBA crowd more than anything else.
    Dude it is gamer culture. The second they hear your voice they tell you to switch to healer with a string of obscenities even if you are a dps main in high elos.

If the game goes badly they will blame you even if you are on fire most of the game.

If you stand up for yourself you are offered more threats, obscenities and ill wishes.

In the last 48 hours I have played about 10 games and won 8 and in that time the words directed at me include but are not limited to: Bitch, cunt, dyke, tranny(I was doing really well and they couldn't reconcile a girl having aim) feminazi(for standing up for myself.)

This is not limited to Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing spoils a victory more than a teammate spouting a racist line.

Game : "Victory!"
    Me : "We did it, woo!"
    Some dude named XXXX : "Junkrat identifies himself as a ni**er

Fucking really?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Dude it is gamer culture. The second they hear your voice they tell you to switch to healer with a string of obscenities even if you are a dps main in high elos.

If the game goes badly they will blame you even if you are on fire most of the game.

If you stand up for yourself you are offered more threats, obscenities and ill wishes.

In the last 48 hours I have played about 10 games and won 8 and in that time the words directed at me include but are not limited to: Bitch, cunt, dyke, tranny(I was doing really well and they couldn't reconcile a girl having aim) feminazi(for standing up for myself.)

This is not limited to Overwatch.
    It's like you didn't even read my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Just great, random dc right after joining a game. Dropped me 70 points and a 10 minute ban.
    Why haven't they changed the match start to also give you 2 minutes to get back in, instead of this 10 second shit? The launcher won't even let me back into the game in that amount of time.
    Just sucks that I lost 70 points for that when an average loss only costs me about 15 these days.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-01-19 at 05:29 AM.

Frankly When Overwatch became top dog it absorbed all the toxic losers from other games like CSgo. Throw in that there is an upswing in pepe troll alt-right social injustice warriors out there in the 12-24 range (Which is an age range that is always going to be a large portion of the gamer community) lately and you have a recipe for social disaster.

Matchmaking seems to have gotten a lot worse, most of my games have been one fairly well experienced team against a fairly inexperienced team, or a queue group of 4 against a queue group of 2. It's gotten to a point that I just don't feel like playing because games seem to swing too far towards win or lose streaks, and I play to have fun, not get put into game after game where it's set up for me to lose from the start.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol every time i report ppl on my alt acc they get banned <__<

Frankly When Overwatch became top dog it absorbed all the toxic losers from other games like CSgo. Throw in that there is an upswing in pepe troll alt-right social injustice warriors out there in the 12-24 range (Which is an age range that is always going to be a large portion of the gamer community) lately and you have a recipe for social disaster.
    Alt-right is a US and European movement though. I'm playing mainly on Singaporean servers and sometimes on korean servers when playing with friends. Toxicity is rife. You can't really blame that on alt-right.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-01-19 at 06:34 AM.

Mercy holding heal on full HP tank while Zen, Soldier then me die in a team fight we would have won if she wasnt fucking braindead.

So gd boosted.

Ppl plz stop boosting your friends.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-01-19 at 08:25 AM.