Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Not necessarily true. I know a few people who have recently tried WoW, with my recommendation or without, and simply bounced back after first couple of minutes. The messed up leveling experiance was the main complaint. Most of the time spent running, turning in quests, fight was a snoozefest since everything dies in 1 hit etc. Stuff I didn't really notice since I got used to it. Again, I only know people who quickly gave up, no one I know started playing WoW in recent years.

WoW still is a famous game, many people want to see what the fuss is all about, they should be given a nice introduction.
    Thing is, it's still the same horrible experience only it takes way longer now and you can't even do dungeons most of the time becuase you either sit in queue for 3+ hours and when you actually get in, everyone leaves after the first few packs.

This patch was poorly designed and executed. A bit of a theme in Legion as a whole.

Oh, and I still doubt there are enough players starting WoW at this time, that a patch like this would have an effect even if it was done well.

It's a good start, but they need to increase the damage done by mobs in vanilla-wotlk by a couple hundred percent as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

When it comes to leveling alone, it's miles better than it was before. Remember, it's a feature for new players and those who want to play a completly different class, not people who make their 5th hunter and want to level it as fast as possible, so the pace is a slower.
    if only there were some kind of gear that helps people who want to level their 5th hunter faster..

oh wait there is, and it got nerfed.

The leveling scaling is good, but they should've buffed heirlooms, not nerfed them. Heirlooms should've been buffed and they should've added 10-20% more xp increase to it. That way, you don't like to level fast? You like "challenge" of pressing 1-2-3 for 10 secs for each mob? Then don't use heirlooms. You want to level fast? Then use heirlooms. If someone says they like their leveling to be slow and meaningful then they shouldn't use heirlooms in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There are no new players in WoW or very few. The game is way too old for that.
    The game lives of a small, dedicated set of players. Players that are now more willing to buy boosts because leveling was made very, very annoying and slower.
    It's a similar situation to EVE Online. The game is old, not attracting new players and relies on a core userbase who are happy to spend money to save time. Of course there will be some new players, but generally speaking new gamers now are gravitating towards different types of games.

Only thing it really needs is mob damage upping.

In dungeons it actually feels fun again. You can't just mass pull anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmale View Post
    What if I told you you can level faster now? Queue for dungeons and quest in a zone level 100 in no time you don't even have to change zones
    haha.. oh wait you are serious? let me laugh even harder hahahahaha

Let me be clear, I am in no way against the new system, I am looking forward to leveling my new allied race characters when they come up in fact! But claiming that leveling is actually faster now is freaking delusional.

Mobs have more hp and heirlooms are weaker - that alone is enough to slow down leveling. On top of that, there is the accidental deaths that come from people being used to pulling multiple mobs at the same time or accidentally pulling multiple mobs for proximity, not realizing the rare/boss mobs have ton of hp now etc..

+ Dungeons are freaking awful now. It is actually the only change that I don't like. I think they waaay overdid the hp of dungeon mobs and if you are grouped with newbies it can take up to an hour to complete a dungeon(if they can even complete at that). They don't hit hard at all but just takes much longer to kill, making the whole thing boring and tedious. There is no added mechanics, difficulty, skill shots, things to dodge/hit, people claim this is fun would probably enjoy watching paint dry.

P.S - People claiming that the scaling of the zones and not being have to travel from zone to zone all the time, making it actually faster to level now without any proof, testing or math involved.. plz stop. It doesn't, I leveled one of every class within the last two year, travel time was nothing. Worst case if you hated running, you were able to dungeon hop your way to 60 and start flying and after that it was cakewalk anyway. (you are a dps with no fast que spec? join a dungeon and make a friend/add id of a tank/healer thats also dungeon hopping? its a freaking MMO, use your words, make friends, its not difficult..)

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    You need 30 more sec to kill a mob? WTF?

Press the right buttons. Stuff dies really fast still. Might need now 3 casts instead of 1-2. Still very fast.
    this just isnt accurate. I have been testing on my frost mage and every (unempowered) spell I cast removes 10% of the mobs life. Fire is a little faster if you get procs.

Melee probably has it easier but its hard to level as Mage if you have 2+ adds on you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    this just isnt accurate. I have been testing on my frost mage and every (unempowered) spell I cast removes 10% of the mobs life. Fire is a little faster if you get procs.
    Fire is literally easymode with firestarter for soloing single normal mobs.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So my rogue, on Monday, was one-shotting things in Zangarmarsh at lvl 63.
    Logged in last night, Shadowstrike went from one-shot to about 40%ish of the mob's health on a crit, 20%ish on a normal hit.
    After that, backstab to 5, eviscerate, symbol, dance shadowstrike x2 and normal mob died.
    On beefier mobs (aka ones with proper names) I would use Nightblade for that extra damage.

This was without any gear change or location change, where a 6k crit was a one-shot to a 5k crit being less than half the mob health (they had around 12k or so).
    It does take longer to kill things and you will actually get hit and take damage on occasion.
    The increased XP on turn-in helps to offset it, but I went 60-61, 61-62, 62-63 on Monday at about a 30 minute clip, then it took about 45 minutes to go from 63-64 (100% bar coverage, from lvl 63 w/ 6 bubs to lvl 64 with 6 bubs).

It's slower, you press more buttons, no-tank classes pulling a bunch at once is funny (until you die), but not the end of the world.
    Probably will delay my future attempts at the leveling of that rogue some, though.

Deleted
    I like it so far. Though mobs could take a bit less HP and deal more DPS.
    Low level dungeon bosses should take a greater reduce in HP.
    But overall, I'm actually happy about this.
    Buff heirlooms, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    This change was for exactly that - to increase boost sales, new players don't have access to such things as heirlooms, exp potions etc so it's 100% not related to that logic.

In the same manner the new races were never ever going to be launched this patch, as if Activision would allow that - they will be a pre-purchase "bonus" for next xpac.
    Thid theory is so retard that I need a special ed teacher.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are no new players in WoW or very few. The game is way too old for that.
    The game lives of a small, dedicated set of players. Players that are now more willing to buy boosts because leveling was made very, very annoying and slower.

This was not an improvement to the game and it was most likely not intended as such.
    If no one is willing to level why are dungeon and pvp quest quick at every level?

Deleted
    There are no new players in WoW or very few.
    Proof Needed or I have to label it as BULLSHIT

The good news is, there is a lot being said about this which means they'll fix it.

They asked people to test it on the PTR. I think it comes down to they didn't have enough data to use to tune it correctly. They will now with the customer base playing it on live. I'm sure it'll get tuned and made better.

Idk, thing is, players got used to it. Leveling in WoW became tedious chore, but the good thing is, it's short, right? It's still not a good part of the game that should get fixed.

And players making tons of alts, myself included, are not the majority. Regular WoW player doesn't cap the same class multiple times, and if you are rerolling once or twice you might still enjoy leveling in locations you missed the previous time.
    I enjoy this part, but only if it does not take way more time than before. It’s nice not to have to change zone way before the quests of that zone are finished, but if this come at the price of taking double the time (or more) to level up, sorry but I would better like my zones zapping now.

Alts are meant to try them at actual content as fast as possible. Enjoying the journey it’s nice but it should not take ages nor being punitive, apart from the actual last 10 levels of the expansion of that moment. If each of the 60-70, 70-80, 80-90 and 90-100 fragments takes nearly the same time of the 100-110 segment, to me it’s clearly a HUGE game design issue.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2018-01-18 at 02:33 PM.

I thought I'd give it a try, despite having had everything maxed since mid WotLK besides Druid/Shaman anyway.

New dungeon difficulty is great. The leveling experience should help teach people about their class, and now it finally feels like this is an option again. However, dungeon XP is too low for how I'd want to play.

Only reason I'm not going to level is there's no sense of adventure in post-4.0 leveling. Yup, I'm one of the weirdos who prefer the random & erratic quest placings of ye olden days, cuz honestly, being rushed through a zone's story tunnel at the moment just bores me.

Deleted
    They should have increased the xp you gain from all sources on top of increasing the HP of mobs. Increasing the XP you need at 1-60, increasing the HP AND nerfing heirlooms is just WAY too much. Increased HP is awesome but not without increasing the XP gains. Doing dungeons is just dumb, takes way too long for the amount of XP you get. An alternative would be to increase the XP% bonus from heirlooms.

Deleted
    Hate it, scaling just takes away the progression feeling.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Hate it, scaling just takes away the progression feeling.
    Some pleb will be along shortly to tell you that youre wrong and to explain that tedium = immersion or some bullshit like that.

Deleted
    Or just answer like a dumbo like you.