Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Both void elves and nightborne could be demonhunters. Blizzard is just too lazy to start the classes at 20 (same applies to DK, your hall is raising ebon knights right and left post-lich king), but they don't want to do the work of rearranging ability and passives acquisitions for the possible lv20 toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    They wouldn't. As Xhul'Horac in Hellfire Citadel has shown, pure void and pure fel explode, really violently, on contact. Void elves have pure void imbued into their very essence. Demon Hunters are gorging on pure fel and mixing it with their soul. What makes you think these wouldn't just go BOOM in instant?

Nightborne also make very little sense. Illidan created the Demon Hunters specifically to destroy the Legion, now the Legion is gone and so is Illidan.
    We have no lore mentions of anyone else performing the ritual. The trainers we have can teach new people combat, but the inner demon implanting was Illidan's thing. Remember, other mages, such as Jace Darkweaver can no longer use magic because the fel makes it too difficult. As if it was an impairing radio signal, so to speak.
    Void Hunters!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Both void elves and nightborne could be demonhunters. Blizzard is just too lazy to start the classes at 20 (same applies to DK, your hall is raising ebon knights right and left post-lich king), but they don't want to do the work of rearranging ability and passives acquisitions for the possible lv20 toons.
    It really depends on which takes precedence: the Hero Class starting level and/or location (and starting quests), or the Allied Race starting level and/or location. It could be any combination thereof (except probably Class location and Race level, that would be silly). They said in the Blizzcon interviews that they hadn't figured that part out yet, and would look into Hero Classes for the Allied Races after they had.

Even if we say that Hero Classes absolutely *have to* go through their class quests, there could be Nightborne that were cast out of the city and decided the Faustian Bargain that the Demon Hunters offered was preferable to mana starvation. Similarly, Void Elven DHs could have a slightly different origin than the rest of them, similar to how the Worgen DK is from the city outside Gilneas, instead of being from behind the wall that wasn't opened until Cata.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    It really depends on which takes precedence: the Hero Class starting level and/or location (and starting quests), or the Allied Race starting level and/or location. It could be any combination thereof (except probably Class location and Race level, that would be silly). They said in the Blizzcon interviews that they hadn't figured that part out yet, and would look into Hero Classes for the Allied Races after they had.

Even if we say that Hero Classes absolutely *have to* go through their class quests, there could be Nightborne that were cast out of the city and decided the Faustian Bargain that the Demon Hunters offered was preferable to mana starvation. Similarly, Void Elven DHs could have a slightly different origin than the rest of them, similar to how the Worgen DK is from the city outside Gilneas, instead of being from behind the wall that wasn't opened until Cata.
    Yeah, with the amount of lore modification and how druidism and paladin arts have been shifted around, it just seems really dishonest to me for Blizzard to point at preexisting lore as an excuse to screw over demonhunters and death knights from the main feature people will be looking forward to this xpac.

As alliance it's even worse since all the DK races for them suck ass and look ugly for the males, and adding one more dwarf model isn't going to change anything. The shoulderpad placement for male night elves and draenei is completely fucked, and those two also have the lesser customization options.

Male humans are hideous, with gorilla "Popeye" forearms accompanies by the worst hair style and facial hair selections in the game seemingly intended to leave no attractive options, on top of having a wide waist that makes them look blocky. Male draenei have thin chicken legs next to a hulking upper body, and male night elves have an extremely flat chest with also a really bad selection of hairstyles for a death knight class.

So apparently the Pandaren have set up camp in the Nighthold and Thundertotem to teach the Nightborne and Tauren to be Monks, so why can't we have the Illidari set up camp as well and teach them how to be DH? Sargeras is locked up but that doesn't mean the Demon threat is gone. Also who's to say that he doesn't some day escape or get broken out by his minions? Also theres a vacuum within his ranks with him gone, another Demon could rise to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    So apparently the Pandaren have set up camp in the Nighthold and Thundertotem to teach the Nightborne and Tauren to be Monks, so why can't we have the Illidari set up camp as well and teach them how to be DH? Sargeras is locked up but that doesn't mean the Demon threat is gone. Also who's to say that he doesn't some day escape or get broken out by his minions? Also theres a vacuum within his ranks with him gone, another Demon could rise to power.
    It mainly comes down to resources. They would have to make an entirely new situation for future dhs if they want to add more races. Lore wise for future dhs any race can be one. It comes down to blizzard wanting to waste time making a whole new instance and story for those new dhs and they won't do that cause to them it's a minor thing
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Don't think we are "making new demon hunters" in the order hall with the initiates, pretty sure we are just calling them up from the ranks to be sent out and the "cost" is simply gameplay. The number of available illidari is finite now that illidan is gone. I understand from a "I want to be a crackhwhore elf" perspective wanting this but seems like a waste of resources and from a lore pov makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    from a lore pov makes no sense.
    Us training them now would MAKE it lore, it doesn't have to exist in the past ... Why wouldn't the Nightborne be interested in learning to be DH? Having had their city infested by them I can guarantee that at least a few of them would want to make sure it never happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    Us training them now would MAKE it lore, it doesn't have to exist in the past ... Why wouldn't the Nightborne be interested in learning to be DH? Having had their city infested by them I can guarantee that at least a few of them would want to make sure it never happens again.
    Plus they align pretty well with Blood Elves - since both races are clearly addicted to certain substances...

Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    Exactly what I expected the first reply to be
    Totally. I just clicked on this topic to see if it was that. :dd

Deleted
    I have a question for people who say the main issue for nightborne demon hunters being wrong is the timeline.

What is the difference for a lightforged draenei or nightborne or highmountain tauren doing all content from level 20 onwards? They are from legion and doing wotlk content. Hell lightforged from ARGUS are going back in time to the start of legion just to progress back to argus. All 3 of these races are going back in time and it makes no sense.

A simple nightborne, void elf demon hunter start at 98 but on argus with maybe 5 starter quests to get the abilities would suffice and give some variety to the class.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-01-19 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    It will definitely require a bit of work, even the Dev in my source mentions this as a "hurdle" for the team to overcome. However, it does seem that this is something they are working on. To what extent, I am not sure.

I think regardless of what classes get added with Allied Races, you will always have people begging for other options, or races either way.

I do think having at least one other option than BE for Horde, NE for Alliance would be beneficial for the class as a whole.

The animations for DH are already their for Nightborne, as many of their classes we fight against use similar styles and attacks.

After playing DH as my main for all of Legion, I see the lore for it already there, especially when you are training new recruits inside your CH.

While Illidan is lost on the void and you are trying to bring him back, the player character is tasked with finding new Illidari recruits and training them for the fights to come. These new Illidari could easily be adapted into some being Nightborne, since the refugees are so against the demonic occupation and some of their classes (Spell-breaker) are already very closely related to an actual DH.

When Illidan is training new Illidari in Burning Crusade, he makes it clear that he does not discriminate when it comes to fighting the Legion.
    Which is all well and good. Except you'd have to ret-con the starter experience for new DHs or make a new one entirely

Except that you really wouldn't. People forget that Nightborne existed in the world prior to Legion, as Nightfallen mana addicts being thrown out of the city. The radio play and other quest sources also indicate that this was known by the larger world, and never really considered important before the Legion brought Suramar out of isolation. There could easily be Nightfallen that signed up with the Illidari prior to their trip to Outland as an alternative to mana starvation (as with the Night Elven Illidari, who are either defectors from Maiev's watchers (no indication and highly unlikely) or followers of Illidan who sought him out later). No retcon necessary.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Except that you really wouldn't. People forget that Nightborne existed in the world prior to Legion, as Nightfallen mana addicts being thrown out of the city. The radio play and other quest sources also indicate that this was known by the larger world, and never really considered important before the Legion brought Suramar out of isolation. There could easily be Nightfallen that signed up with the Illidari prior to their trip to Outland as an alternative to mana starvation (as with the Night Elven Illidari, who are either defectors from Maiev's watchers (no indication and highly unlikely) or followers of Illidan who sought him out later). No retcon necessary.
    Yep, but there is actually a pretty easy retcon available with that, during illidans time in the broken isles going after the eye of sargeras a few nightborne joined him, lets be realistic here, the entire concept of demon hunters is based on a very small number of people became demon hunters so its not an issue if only a handul of nightborne followed him.

Its no more absurd than a lightforged draenei from argus travelling around doing bc, wotlk, cata, wod then doing all legion events and then showing up on argus to discover lightforged dranei.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-01-19 at 10:29 AM.