Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Low level dungeons could be worth the effort if they rewarded something like an item that would give you a XP gain buff for like the next 10 levels. The buff could stack with unique kills, so if you kill 3 bosses in Scarlet Monastery, you get a level 3 buff. Re-killing the same bosses doesn't affect the boost.

Or even simpler: Fill in the gaps in the heirlooms, like belt, gloves, boots etc. Last boss of each dungeon drops a BOP filler with exp boost. Doesn't scale and will be replaced by a stronger item, so the incentive to do the dungeons 10 levels up is there as well.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    So basically those who like leveling will like it even more, while those who don't will purchase boosts more often. Win-win for Blizz. I leveled most my alts by speedchaining dungeons before. It was a faceroll like no other. It wasn't fun - it was the quickest way to do it, but fun? You didn't need to use anything except your dps buttons + heirlooms.

When on main, I like to level (i.e. new xpack etc.) in a way to learn the new tools and dungeons. When on alts, I rather use all means possible to speed the process up. I still have both options available it seems, while new players (i.e. people without herilooms) will not find the leveling by facerolling a dungeon in heirlooms with 4-5dps the norm and then facehurt when they arrive at max level in something like m+ and know nothing about their class, nothing about cooperation, CD coordination, tools, los'ing, cc, etc. etc.

Too bad you can't level in 2 days to max level anymore without a boost, I guess. Blizz seemingly recognized a good revenue opportunity and grabbed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    So basically those who like leveling will like it even more, while those who don't will purchase boosts more often. Win-win for Blizz. I leveled most my alts by speedchaining dungeons before. It was a faceroll like no other. It wasn't fun - it was the quickest way to do it, but fun? You didn't need to use anything except your dps buttons + heirlooms.

When on main, I like to level (i.e. new xpack etc.) in a way to learn the new tools and dungeons. When on alts, I rather use all means possible to speed the process up. I still have both options available it seems, while new players (i.e. people without herilooms) will not find the leveling by facerolling a dungeon in heirlooms with 4-5dps the norm and then facehurt when they arrive at max level in something like m+ and know nothing about their class, nothing about cooperation, CD coordination, tools, los'ing, cc, etc. etc.

Too bad you can't level in 2 days to max level anymore without a boost, I guess. Blizz seemingly recognized a good revenue opportunity and grabbed it.
    *sigh*... They did a bad job as they "grabbed it" whilst spending loads of time on not only fixing the leveling experience, but also adding additional incentives for leveling the new allied races throughout the entire journey rather than boosting/race changing.

Seriously, they already make billion-dollar revenue. The changes that have been made, have been made after almost a decade of feedback from the players as to why the leveling experience in 1-60 and below WoD had become a mindless speedrun. I don't argue that it comes with the bonus of being a way to further improving their MAUsA-numbers though, as in time spent in-game which is the new metric since they stopped looking at Sub numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Why don't you just buy a boost if leveling isn't worth your time?
    It's part of the game, enjoy it without just looking at your xp/h ratio.
    It's a part of the game I've done to 110 14 times and buying a boost would cost me the allied race transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFaerie View Post
    how it was back in the day - for the purposes of actually doing the content and not skipping it
    this is not vanilla stop shoving classic down every1s throats, dungeons aren't worth the time it takes for the little exp they give, exp bonuses on looms need bbuffed so that ppl that want to level quicker can

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Well, there is a noticable difference between having items and not having items...
    Gear scaling between level 70 and level 90 is pretty non-existent, and half of the time the level 70 gear is actually better than anything you can get until Siege of Orgrimmar item levels.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this is not vanilla stop shoving classic down every1s throats, dungeons aren't worth the time it takes for the little exp they give, exp bonuses on looms need bbuffed so that ppl that want to level quicker can
    Then the content isn't aimed at you, but rather the people whom enjoy it and WANT to do it for the sake of doing it.

I personally love the changes and will be heavily engaging in the project 60 stuff. Gonna be amazing now that 5 people are actually required.

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling is faster now, but dungeons are no longer worth doing without quests. This means you will actually have to leave the city to level! The horror!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Leveling is faster now, but dungeons are no longer worth doing without quests. This means you will actually have to leave the city to level! The horror!
    dungeons were always worthless without quests, i never liked dungeons for levelling i preferred questing, i just want to speed up, granted i just got out the dk starting zone, it feels like the exp given from looms got a nerf coz of the increased exp requirements, now dungeons are even more worthless regardless of having quests for it

All mechanisms that prevent players to solo group content are very welcome. Tired of people soloing old raids or dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    All mechanisms that prevent players to solo group content are very welcome. Tired of people soloing old raids or dungeons.
    and whats wrong with me soloing soo mythic weekly for my mount.? that mount and the 4 world bosses are the only reason i touch that place.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp gluck ever queing for anything under endgame dungeons as a dps now, ques are going to be even longer after the buzz of this xp shit wears off

I have mixed feelings about the stat scaling on heirlooms. It feels a lot better to be able to do my entire rotation on bosses and stuff, but it is a bit annoying when groups are ignorant to the changes and have multiples wipes right at the beginning of dungeons.

Honestly one of the worst things blizzard has ever done. I don't do low level dungeons to wipe 5x because low level players don't know how to use their abilities.

People in this game are way too god damn bad for a change like this.

You could barely call it soloing. Farting the correct direction resulted in the death of every NPC in the instance. You're not experiencing a dungeon if you can't experience even one of the mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Honestly one of the worst things blizzard has ever done. I don't do low level dungeons to wipe 5x because low level players don't know how to use their abilities.

People in this game are way too god damn bad for a change like this.
    When are they supposed to learn? Mythic?

When are they supposed to learn? Mythic?

At max level, in normal 5 mans. Like they aren't going to learn this way either, because nobody wants to fucking do these dungeons. The queue times are going to sky rocket.

Who in the hell wants to wipe in low level 5 man dungeons?

They're going to go in, wipe, get raged at, quit, and never go back.

Deleted
    Back in the day you Almost Never completed a dungeon and the only reward was a meal with your mom without being late

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Back in the day you Almost Never completed a dungeon and the only reward was a meal with your mom without being late
    I know times change and players too, but maybe (just maybe) fulfilling the "needs" of the entitled people isn't the way to go and all those who played a few years ago really did enjoy WoW as it was? Like ... wiping a few times in Caverns and having ragequitters whom you couldn't readily replace with an automated queue?
    I remember those times and I liked it much more than leveling to 90 without even leaving Orgri (chain dungeons in tank/healer spec covered with heirlooms).

dungeons were always worthless without quests, i never liked dungeons for levelling i preferred questing, i just want to speed up, granted i just got out the dk starting zone, it feels like the exp given from looms got a nerf coz of the increased exp requirements, now dungeons are even more worthless regardless of having quests for it
    Just because you didn't like dungeons doesn't mean they weren't the fastest way to level until these changes.

I know times change and players too, but maybe (just maybe) fulfilling the "needs" of the entitled people isn't the way to go and all those who played a few years ago really did enjoy WoW as it was? Like ... wiping a few times in Caverns and having ragequitters whom you couldn't readily replace with an automated queue?
    I remember those times and I liked it much more than leveling to 90 without even leaving Orgri (chain dungeons in tank/healer spec covered with heirlooms).
    No, what you did was get better and\or get a guild group and not wipe amazing I know but it is quite possible.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.