Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Hate it, scaling just takes away the progression feeling.
    Progression? You meant greying out a zone after 3 minutes and losing 15 minutes to travel to another one?

Ye old good progression time /tears

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Hate it, scaling just takes away the progression feeling.
    Tbh, I’m fine with scaling. The progression feeling, arrived at the 74848844 alt you roll, is not important anymore, especially while levelling.

I’m not fine with levelling 1-110 taking way much time than before, this is wrong imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Proof Needed or I have to label it as BULLSHIT
    Do you have any proof that says otherwise?
    Sub numbers and income from pure subs have been going down since Wrath and the game is 13 years old.

It is simply very unlikely that a game like WoW is going to attract any number of new players.
    Feel free to link anything that indicates that new players are intrested in WoW though.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Tbh, I’m fine with scaling. The progression feeling, arrived at the 74848844 alt you roll, is not important anymore, especially while levelling.

I’m not fine with levelling 1-110 taking way much time than before, this is wrong imho.
    If you're doing quests, it's about the same speed as it was before. it's only slower if you are only dungeon farming

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If no one is willing to level why are dungeon and pvp quest quick at every level?
    Not even sure what that means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's a similar situation to EVE Online. The game is old, not attracting new players and relies on a core userbase who are happy to spend money to save time. Of course there will be some new players, but generally speaking new gamers now are gravitating towards different types of games.
    Indeed.
    Thats why these changes makes no sense what so ever if the goal is to make the game more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    If you're doing quests, it's about the same speed as it was before. it's only slower if you are only dungeon farming
    No, doing quests is slower than before, significantly. Maybe at low-levels the speed is the same, but in Cata / MoP / WoD, it's much slower. Things take a long time to die. Heck, some specs have trouble finishing some quests (mostly squishies) and I am not talking group ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No, doing quests is slower than before, significantly. Maybe at low-levels the speed is the same, but in Cata / MoP / WoD, it's much slower. Things take a long time to die. Heck, some specs have trouble finishing some quests (mostly squishies) and I am not talking group ones.
    I'll comment when i get there. Leveling for loremaster rn
    And what quests are you having problems with? 100% sure this is a pebcak issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Do you have any proof that says otherwise?
    Sub numbers and income from pure subs have been going down since Wrath and the game is 13 years old.

It is simply very unlikely that a game like WoW is going to attract any number of new players.
    Feel free to link anything that indicates that new players are intrested in WoW though.
    The " you can't proof otherwise " is just the proof that your statement was proofless.

Go on.

Also we don't have further data regarding subs growth or decay.

I'll comment when i get there. Leveling for loremaster rn
    And what quests are you having problems with? 100% sure this is a pebcak issue
    I will let you get there and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I will let you get there and see for yourself.
    I'll level my 79 to 80 and try it out.
    keep in mind that mop/cata content is now a 10 level range instead of a 5 level range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopped on my druid. Went from 92 to 95 and a half in a few hours. I feel like I get XP faster, but individual mobs are on the tough side. Died at least 5 times to a quest boss until some rogue finally came over and killed it while I was dead.

Attempted a dungeon and died on the very first trash pulls and ended up just leaving before we even got to a boss.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not even sure what that means.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed.
    Thats why these changes makes no sense what so ever if the goal is to make the game more enjoyable.
    It means my auto correct is a jack off. But as I was trying to say dungeon and bg que’s are pretty quick at every level people are always leveling and boost being available hasn’t changed that at all.

As i said a few pages ago, I don’t have tested my really low levels (under 60) chars, but yesterday evening I logged with my 98 DK at Nagrand and in one hour I
    - died 10 times
    - completed 5 quests
    - not completed 2 quests (that’s making progress in Nagrand impossible because other quests appear only after having completed those two) because the named mobs to kill were far too strong for my toon (that’s where I died 8 of the 10 times).
    - did about 1/3 of level 98 (as fully rested, don’t even wanna think if I was not fully rested).

So, sorry, but it’s not the same speed, the evening before I also played one hour with the same toon and made roughly from 97 1/3 to 98+a couple of bars (without dying of course).

Anyone trying to claim it's the same speed is wrong.

Anyone trying to claim it's extremely long is wrong.

There is no doubt that the time taken is increased but both sides are blowing this way out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

There is no doubt that the time taken is increased but both sides are blowing this way out of proportion.
    2x longer. That's my estimate. Unless you hit a wall, then it's worse (which I didn't hit, but I could see it).

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

i'd say it's about 35-40% longer.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    i'd say it's about 35-40% longer.
    I'd say it depends on the player.

Everyone levels at an individual pace.

However I'd say 25-40% depending on your pace.

It's not as bad as people make it out to be but people claiming it isn't longer as I said are also incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    As i said a few pages ago, I don’t have tested my really low levels (under 60) chars, but yesterday evening I logged with my 98 DK at Nagrand and in one hour I
    - died 10 times
    - completed 5 quests
    - not completed 2 quests (that’s making progress in Nagrand impossible because other quests appear only after having completed those two) because the named mobs to kill were far too strong for my toon (that’s where I died 8 of the 10 times).
    - did about 1/3 of level 98 (as fully rested, don’t even wanna think if I was not fully rested).

So, sorry, but it’s not the same speed, the evening before I also played one hour with the same toon and made roughly from 97 1/3 to 98+a couple of bars (without dying of course).
    Why are you 98 in nagrand? TBC is 60-80 ideally :/

Oh, right, WoD nagrand. I don't have any WoD level toons right now. In the process of leveling more but from what I can tell while doing ruhkmar last night, a lot of people are having issues mainly due to not playing correctly, etc.

my highest non 110 is now level 80, I'll lyk what's up when i get there

Because Nagrand is a 98 zone in WoD?

Warlords of Draenor Nagrand. (LOL)