Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Not going to reply to your lazy quoted points above but I never claimed they would touch Vanilla. It's simply a group of people who are open to playing WoW but unsatisfied by the current product. This group is obviously still open to playing based on past enjoyment.
    What you seem to not see though, that there might be a lot of people buying the game when there is a new expansion release, then realizing mmo's ain't cut for them then quit. Doesn't mean they are willing to return because Blizzard re-release a 14 year old game.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Inb4 someone cries about the truth:

classic wow is not the holy grail of mmo-rpgs....
    hope is the biggest evil: hyping classic that hard, waiting for so long, just to get disappointed

Don't get me wrong, it has some strenghts and it is definitely worth to get experienced. But this state of the game has definitely some big weaknesses as well. It's an unpolished diamond with air inclusions.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2018-01-18 at 03:55 PM.

Well yeah I did. I showed that there is a large group of people willing to give WoW a chance every time an expansion comes out, who then unsub because you dont know why. For some reason people want to pretend that this group isn't interested in Classic/TBC/WOTLK/CATA/MOP/WOD and that Classic/TBC/WOTLK/CATA is just for the <arbitrary number> server players (Notice how I gave a totally random unbiased ballpark figure, again. Not discounting banned/multiple accounts.)
    Corrected your statement in bold.

What you are doing is arguing for the sake of arguing cause you are bored. You want to make projections and estimations? Try more than guesswork. Subs can be lower now they can be higher. Do you know why? Did blizzard provide an official explanation why? Feel free to link. Oh, wait you dont do that kind of stuff, you just post and post and post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    What you seem to not see though, that there might be a lot of people buying the game when there is a new expansion release, then realizing mmo's ain't cut for them then quit. Doesn't mean they are willing to return because Blizzard re-release a 14 year old game.
    I would assume that a low % of players buying a new expansion are new players. Therefore it's reasonable to assume they know prior to this whether they enjoy MMO's. Not to mention the fact that current WoW expansion have a lot less MMO elements than Vanilla

I will easily agree that the player base for Classic will be massive. Quite likely, Classic will be the single biggest game played upon release, and I expect it will likely take top spot on Twitch that week (provided there's no big OWL/LoL tournament going on). However, the 100 million number is way too big.

How many of those 100 million are gold farmer accounts that were shut down by Blizz. By all accounts, there would have to be at least a few million farming/hacked/stolen accounts out there. Then, you need to pull out the number of "basic" accounts. I only play on one account, however at one time I did have a second account to super-basic multibox (literally just had the second client open so I could make a group and convert to raid prior to the point where one person could zone into a raid instance outside of any party). Then, through some weird code I was given by Blizz, I ended up getting a third account.

That's just me, not doing anything weird, somehow ending up with three WoW licenses under my bnet account. There are people who legit multibox x5, and one guy way back in the day did a full 40-man multibox.

I'd guess if you pulled out all the oddities, hacked accounts, dupe accounts (perfectly legal dupes, like in my case), etc., we need to be talking about a number less than 25 million.

That said, if it's anything close to that, it's still a ridiculous number of people. Much of the player retention is also going to depend on how they release (whether a static, all-open 1.12 server; a static 1.12 systems server, with time-released raid content; a full, progressive 1.1-1.12 staggered patch release schedule). The more static the server, the quicker "Classic casuals" will drop off (and that's fine), but the closer to a full progressive server, the longer people will stick around. Regardless, the first few weeks will see Classic as the only game to play, and as month pass we'll see lots drop off. If only 10% of those who start characters stick around and commit to the server communities, we'll still likely see a very solid, multi-million player base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Corrected your statement in bold.

What you are doing is arguing for the sake of arguing cause you are bored. You want to make projections and estimations? Try more than guesswork. Subs can be lower now they can be higher. Do you know why? Did blizzard provide an official explanation why? Feel free to link. Oh, wait you dont do that kind of stuff, you just post and post and post.
    I think we can take safely take WOD and MOP of that list as they weren't as successful in terms of sub retention, which is what we are discussing. Subs are lower, it's common sense and anyone outside a current retailer (bias) wouldn't bother arguing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I love vanilla but 100 million even being an idea isn't realistic. I get what your saying. It is a "pool of possibility" but it won't happen. To high. Aiming out of the atmosphere high maybe a couple million will be drawn back at first. A few million from the current sub base will play it for a while. But it will settle much lower than that. Couple million absolute tops. But honestly it is a success and works fine with just a 100k. They don't need thousands of servers worth of people for this work.
    You didnt understand what he said. 100Million accounts were created. These 100Million people had interest in the game. Bringing back vanilla can have the attention of these 100Million people. He never said 100Millions people will re-subscribe...

You mean MoP. Because that's when they reached 100 million accounts created was in MoP. Or at the very least TBC (where the most sub growth was gained due to WoW: China) WotLK (where arguably the best raiding save for WoD was, except WotLK was just a better expansion) or even fucking Cata (Which despite raider woes and pvp balance, so nothing new, was great for everyone else after 4.1, though. Cut content aside Cata was on the whole as good as Legion at this point, atleast it was only an 8 month content drought till MoP.)

You fucking pathetic, sad people. Just stop. Please stop yourselves.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-01-18 at 04:01 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Absolutely yeah.
    100 million people can't wait to play the old version of a already massively old game.

Too many private server trolls.

Classic had just as many subs as Legion as of now and I very much doubt that it would reach that amount today. The game was at its highest during TBC and WotLK, thats where the game reached to 12 million at some point while vanilla was at 5-6 million. Its unrealistic to think all the people who played classic or older expansions to be interested in playing vanilla today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    You didnt understand what he said. 100Million accounts were created. These 100Million people had interest in the game. Bringing back vanilla can have the attention of these 100Million people. He never said 100Millions people will re-subscribe...
    Thank you. Unfortunately a lot of people on this Classic forum have an anti-Classic agenda (just lol at spending your time here) and they don't bother trying to intepret posts how they were intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Classic had just as many subs as Legion as of now and I very much doubt that it would reach that amount today. The game was at its highest during TBC and WotLK, thats where the game reached to 12 million at some point while vanilla was at 5-6 million. Its unrealistic to think all the people who played classic or older expansions to be interested in playing vanilla today.
    Depends on what changes are made to Vanilla, which is the end point of any protracted discussion on this forum really.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    100 million accounts doesn't mean 100 million different people.
    Geez.
    You private server folk ain't the brightest stars around eh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    100 million accounts doesn't mean 100 million different people.
    Geez.
    Everyone is aware of that, stop being facetious.

Everyone is aware of that, stop being facetious.
    Then why do you agree and thank him?
    Oh wait right, aslong as it's pro vanilla it's fine right, even if it's full retard mode.

Just like your threads and delusions.

This is why changes should happen. So an element of that can be recreated. Even if it's just fucking with quest xp and talents so the optimal levelling route and character progression hasn't been optimised for 14 years.
    Sounds like you don't want Classic then mate. Retail's over there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Then why do you agree and thank him?
    Oh wait right, aslong as it's pro vanilla it's fine right, even if it's full retard mode.

Just like your threads and delusions.
    I agree with him because I knew what he meant. You deliberately mistook what he meant to try and discredit his whole point.

I agree with him because I knew what he meant. You deliberately mistook what he meant to try and discredit his whole point.
    Right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Sounds like you don't want Classic then mate. Retail's over there.
    First of all you don't have the right to say what "Classic" is and whether I will enjoy it or not. Not even Blizzard have decided. Secondly I'd rather suck off a tramp than play retail.

These threads are so pointless. People will play classic. People will also play BFA.

The same "player base of 100 million" will have access to both.

Play whichever one you want. It's personal preference. If you get bored with one, go play the other.

First of all you don't have the right to say what "Classic" is and whether I will enjoy it or not. Not even Blizzard have decided. Secondly I'd rather suck off a tramp than play retail.