Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    I hope to god none of the people complaining about the leveling changes ever intended on playing classic. Game being slowed down is not a bad thing.
    This mentality right here is why leveling will never be done correctly and the classic servers will bomb.

Know what made leveling in Classic fun? It wasn't the abysmal rate at which you gained experience.

I saw Stormwind for the first time. That made Classic fun. I saved up 18 silver to buy a Tabard. That was fun. I ran to the Auction House to buy Searing Blade, my first ever Rare item. That was fun. I walked across Loch Modan, Wetlands, Arathi, Hillsbrad, Silverpine, and Tirisfal Glades to get to Scarlet Monastery to farm SM Graveyard for money to buy my first mount. THAT was fun. You get the point.

Leveling in Classic was fun because there was so much to do. Leveling was slowed down because there was so much to do. There were so many different personal achievements to obtain, so many different goals to strive for before raiding. Thats what made it memorable.

Increasing mob health and experienced required by some arbitrary value does not make the game more reminiscent of Vanilla nor does it suddenly make the game fun. Driving across country 30 miles slower doesnt make the trip more enjoyable. Stopping at various places and experiencing different things along the way does.

A long trip is fun because of the things you do along the way. Not because of the distance you travel.
    Last edited by Yassy; 2018-01-18 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Can you imagine being new to the game and wanting to level a void elf?
    First, you have to level up through all this new bullshit sans heirlooms to 110.
    Then you have to grind out rep to even unlock void elves.
    Then you have to level yet-again.
    A new player enjoys the leveling process cause everything is a new experience, what you are describing is a veteran player that hates leveling and has to start a new account.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You just auto assumed I'm not using tank abilities? Why? Now you're asking if I'm dumb and talking down to me like I've never played this game, I don't understand what your problem is. Maybe I should just block you?
    Healer mana is only an issue when 1) tank is doing dumb things 2) dps is doing dumb things
    which one was it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    Healer mana is only an issue when 1) tank is doing dumb things 2) dps is doing dumb things
    which one was it?
    Healer mana? What? When did I say anything about healer mana? Like I said, I had to leave on the very first pulls because we kept wiping, no one was doing anything stupid, the healer just couldn't keep us alive, period.

Healer mana? What? When did I say anything about healer mana? Like I said, I had to leave on the very first pulls because we kept wiping, no one was doing anything stupid, the healer just couldn't keep us alive, period.
    Noone was doing anything stupid, and the healer couldn't keep you alive eh? Which dungeon has non avoidable constant heavy partywide damage?

First, you have to level up through all this new bullshit sans heirlooms to 110.
    Yea, that applies to every new sub-race, and it sucks.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Most all quest leveling is flawed, insofar as there are 2 primary types of quests:
    1) kill X things, 2) collect Y things (often time by killing, even)
    The fun factor is gone after so long, and rightly so, because it gets rather tedious and repetitive.
    What fun there was was when it was new, felt different, and had different goals.
    First time seeing and doing things versus the 10th time? the 100th time?
    It gets stale.

Right now, it's a mountain of levels which are only obtainable by grinding these repetitive quests (or chaining dungeons, which is basically a never-ending repetitive quest of 'kill end boss, get loot satchel, rinse, repeat).

There's no variety, no flavor, no excitement or break from the norm.
    There's not a living world that changes with the passage of time, where quests in a zone change along with it (like during the day, certain quests are available).
    Blizz added some flavor to Legion, what with the attempts (sad as they may be) at platforming and/or puzzle solving, and the game of Guess Who in Suramar was somewhat interesting, but otherwise, the old stuff is just that: old.
    It's a piece of gum that's been chewed for years.

For new players, they experience it as new, as interesting, and that's great.
    To those who have done it, it's pretty meh.
    Outside of doing a few zones you haven't done in a while (mainly for story/zone structure member berries), it's meh.

With leveling taking a little longer (roughly 10-20% time-wise due to combat lasting longer for most class/specs), it drags it out.
    By having the majority of your abilities by 60, with just a couple skills, some talents, and mastery left through 100, it does leave a void of 'I leveled, but nothing changed' for a ton of levels, making the time spent that much more meh.

I like the idea of baking in artifact stuff over the course of leveling, but it comes with it the question of what happens when you hit 100?
    Do artifacts get 'locked' at an auto-scale ilvl with no traits (since you've gotten some of them along the way), with maybe a few you didn't yet get unlocking every 2 levels (102, 104, etc)? Could work, but that's a lot of re-work to make happen.
    Here's hoping they do something to add flavor, though, because reworking old quests won't happen, so the only thing they can do is try to make the classes themselves more interesting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t see the problem. When I started in tbc right before sunwe it took me mouths to level my first toon so long in fact that I didn’t hit max till right before after ulduar came out. I then did abunch of stuff at max level before starting a new toon who took quite a bit less time to level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Noone was doing anything stupid, and the healer couldn't keep you alive eh? Which dungeon has non avoidable constant heavy partywide damage?
    This isn't the first time you go bonkers defending healers based on your post history.. This is just sad, I'm blocking you. You haven't even done the new level 90 content, that's what's even more funny about it, so you completely have no clue what you're talking about lol.

This isn't the first time you go bonkers defending healers based on your post history.. This is just sad, I'm blocking you. You haven't even done the new level 90 content, that's what's even more funny about it, so you completely have no clue what you're talking about lol.
    So you aren't gonna tell me what dungeon it is, huh?
    Lmao @ post history on a new account. Digging up any possible thing to not own up to your poor play. Cool, cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you aren't gonna tell me what dungeon it is, huh?
    Lmao @ post history on a new account. Digging up any possible thing to not own up to your poor play. Cool, cool.
    Maybe if you weren't getting your other accounts banned you wouldn't have that problem? It's really obvious lol.

What difference does it make what dungeon it was? You shoot down every single thing. Meanwhile, I have my armory on display. You're just an anonymous troll.

I look forward to your next ban that we both know is coming.

I was under the impression that Blizzard would just scale the world and let the Exp gains be worth to level in the zones.

My assumption is correct and if its not how its different?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Maybe if you weren't getting your other accounts banned you wouldn't have that problem? It's really obvious lol.

What difference does it make what dungeon it was? You shoot down every single thing. Meanwhile, I have my armory on display. You're just an anonymous troll.

I look forward to your next ban that we both know is coming.
    so again, you're bad and want to blame everyone but you? Gotcha.

15+ Year Old Account
    so again, you're bad and want to blame everyone but you? Gotcha.
    So again, you just made that up and are trolling and have no armory to back up anything and go crazy anytime someone says anything about a healer? Gotcha.

So again, you just made that up and are trolling and have no armory to back up anything and go crazy anytime someone says anything about a healer? Gotcha.
    "goes crazy"
    yeah buddy. telling you to use defensives is "going crazy"

Which dungeon was it? What big ball of fire did you run into? C'mon now, don't be shy.

15+ Year Old Account
    "goes crazy"
    yeah buddy. telling you to use defensives is "going crazy"

Which dungeon was it? What big ball of fire did you run into? C'mon now, don't be shy.
    Get back to me when you do the new 90 content. Yeah, you go crazy, your post history shows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t see the problem. When I started in tbc right before sunwe it took me mouths to level my first toon so long in fact that I didn’t hit max till right before after ulduar came out. I then did abunch of stuff at max level before starting a new toon who took quite a bit less time to level.
    You also didn't have 15 other MMO's to choose from, patches every 3-4 months, and raids that can realistically cleared by a majority of raiders within the first month to two months. So yeah, back in TBC this speed would be fine, now, it's not going to work. You're going to have people who already didn't like leveling to hate it more and new players are going to find other games that they can jump into and get to the end game faster.

Imagine having to watch every previous season of your favorite television show first before you are allowed to watch the new season that comes out. The new patch slowed the leveling down, so now having to watch those previous seasons on 50% playback. For some, that new season just isn't going to be worth the hassle, so they'll find shows that don't require this nonsense. People in this day and age want things now, now, now. So slowing the game down by making things drag on isn't good and isn't healthy if it's forced. It needs to be optional.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    ofc you spam quests, thats how you're supposed to level.

go sit and quest those zones. 100% more fun than spamming dungeons
    Eh... I've had my Fill with Quests, and only do them when necessary. I prefer Dungeon spamming.

Get back to me when you do the new 90 content. Yeah, you go crazy, your post history shows it.
    kk keep dodging the question, dies to trash

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    You also didn't have 15 other MMO's to choose from, patches every 3-4 months, and raids that can realistically cleared by a majority of raiders within the first month to two months. So yeah, back in TBC this speed would be fine, now, it's not going to work. You're going to have people who already didn't like leveling to hate it more and new players are going to find other games that they can jump into and get to the end game faster.

Imagine having to watch every previous season of your favorite television show first before you are allowed to watch the new season that comes out. The new patch slowed the leveling down, so now having to watch those previous seasons on 50% playback. For some, that new season just isn't going to be worth the hassle, so they'll find shows that don't require this nonsense. People in this day and age want things now, now, now. So slowing the game down by making things drag on isn't good and isn't healthy if it's forced. It needs to be optional.
    To each their own, I guess. Idk about you, But I quite enjoy playing a game that isn't Clear content in a week, and never look back until there is something new. I play games to kill my Free time, and am Quite happy that this one, along with Overwatch do a pretty good job at keeping me occupied, without having to play "15 other MMO's" to get the same results.