Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree there. For me, it speaks to questions of national sovereignty and control of one's borders.
    Yup - those children who are now adults are a SURE THREAT to us! They ran through life drinking milk for strong bones, and grew up into the working class and have raised families, and become a part of society.

In fact, here's video footage of our "national Sovereignty" and "Controlling of one's borders" in effect, ejecting a person who's been working with ICE for decades to get his citizenship for nearly 20 years. Leaving behind his American wife and children he provided for all these years in an evil plot he must've hatched when he was brought over here against his own will at 10 years old...

Fucking MAGA, right? >_<

It shows that laws win out over feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Not so. I don't give a dmn what someone is if they are legally authorized to be here.
    Any time you feel like answering the question which was actually posed to you, feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yup - those children who are now adults are a SURE THREAT to us! They ran through life drinking milk for strong bones, and grew up into the working class and have raised families, and become a part of society.

In fact, here's video footage of our "national Sovereignty" and "Controlling of one's borders" in effect, ejecting a person who's been working with ICE for decades to get his citizenship.

Fucking MAGA, right? >_<
    LOL those LATINOS for trump idiots got played Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Republican President
    Republican controlled Senate
    Republican controlled House

How are Democrats shutting down the government?
    The same way Republicans shut it down when they didn't have the majority? Or was the shutdown the Democrats fault back then
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Any time you feel like answering the question which was actually posed to you, feel free.
    I already said what it does for the country: it shows that the law means more than feelings. You may well not agree that's a positive, but I think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll have to agree to disagree there. For me, it speaks to questions of national sovereignty and control of one's borders.
    And you'd be wrong, but whatever floats your boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I already said what it does for the country: it shows that the law means more than feelings. You may well not agree that's a positive, but I think it is.
    There were multiple questions. Unless you're conceding the fact it doesn't make the country stronger and more secure. It's hard to argue that a policy that makes the country weaker and less secure is a positive for the country, but you can keep trying if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

In fact, here's video footage of our "national Sovereignty" and "Controlling of one's borders" in effect, ejecting a person who's been working with ICE for decades to get his citizenship for nearly 20 years. Leaving behind his American wife and children he provided for all these years in an evil plot he must've hatched when he was brought over here against his own will at 10 years old...

Fucking MAGA, right? >_<
    I'm not a MAGA idiot. I'll say it again: if someone is legally authorized to be here, welcome to the USA. OTOH, if they are here illegally (regardless of their particular details)? Sympathy file not found.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that you like it, but why should anybody else?

Meh regardless good on the Democrats for shutting down the government.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I get that you like it, but why should anybody else?
    Opinions vary. Some will and some won't. I'm not in the business of changing peoples' minds. Every person has to look at the info on any issue and choose their own path.

Wait...isn't the House having trouble finding enough votes with Republicans alone?

I mean, when you refuse to negotiate and act in bad faith, why should the other side play ball? I'm not in favor of government shut downs ever, they harm hard working employees and people/states/companies/agencies that rely on federal dollars or support. But this seems more driven by the GOP acting in bad faith and still having trouble with the whole "governing" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The same way Republicans shut it down when they didn't have the majority? Or was the shutdown the Democrats fault back then
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...September_2013

No, that was Senate Republicans making unreasonable demands in an impotent show of strength. A show which Ted Cruz himself has backed away from after realizing that people don't like shutting down the government. DACA was supposed to be making headway by now per agreements last year, the GOP and/or Trump sinking that progress is their problem.

I'm not a MAGA idiot. I'll say it again: if someone is legally authorized to be here, welcome to the USA. OTOH, if they are here illegally (regardless of their particular details)? Sympathy file not found.
    It's not just about sympathy, it's about actively wanting them removed. If it were just about lacking sympathy, you would have no desire to have them removed, and would simply want nothing done.

- - - Updated - - -

Opinions vary. Some will and some won't. I'm not in the business of changing peoples' minds. Every person has to look at the info on any issue and choose their own path.
    You are right, on that note, I'm going to go ahead and side with freedom. I'm a big fan of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Bullshit they are illegal aliens .. nothing has changed this by deferring their deportation.
    We treat children differently than we do adults under the law. DACA needs real legislative authority.

You didn't even read anything or watch the news report, did you - Dump Supporter? (Don't lie... nobody thinks like you and NOT be a Trump supporter)

The guy was 10 years old when he was forced here and HAS BEEN WORKING WITH ICE and the GOV to get his citizenship this whole time! Seriously? Do you Dumpsters have no emotion or empathy? This guy probably has put more for society than most of your lot has, and has NO criminal record... not even an ounce of sympathy from you lot? are you Dump supporters THAT Xenophobic!?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    There were multiple questions. Unless you're conceding the fact it doesn't make the country stronger and more secure. It's hard to argue that a policy that makes the country weaker and less secure is a positive for the country, but you can keep trying if you want.
    Weaker and less secure in some peoples' opinion, not mine. An unbending commitment to enforcing the letter of the law is a source of strength, not bending it because it serves some humanitarian nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...isn't the House having trouble finding enough votes with Republicans alone?

I mean, when you refuse to negotiate and act in bad faith, why should the other side play ball? I'm not in favor of government shut downs ever, they harm hard working employees and people/states/companies/agencies that rely on federal dollars or support. But this seems more driven by the GOP acting in bad faith and still having trouble with the whole "governing" thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...September_2013

No, that was Senate Republicans making unreasonable demands in an impotent show of strength. A show which Ted Cruz himself has backed away from after realizing that people don't like shutting down the government. DACA was supposed to be making headway by now per agreements last year, the GOP and/or Trump sinking that progress is their problem.
    Problems with the Freedom Caucus, again. It's a difficult argument for Republicans to make that despite their party controlling every branch of government, that it's the Democrats fault, and not their own members, and their own president undercutting their proposals.

It's going to be even a more difficult sell int he upcoming elections that they should be given even more control of the government.

I love the nativist in this country. At first we didn't want the Germans (Ben Franklin), then Irish and Italians (catholic) and Jews to some degree. Now these same people of course attacking another group since they are here and others are not.

Plus if you had any ancestor that immigrated here before the 1950's at least you should know how much easier it was to get here. The U.S. pretty much had an open door policy to immigrants. Most immigrants came here without any skill. The U.S. basically just needed bodies to fill up the massive land.

You anti-immigrants or I guess people who you think should come here with some type of high skill are ignorant to many of the reasons why you are here today. Being duped into thinking that immigrants are taking the jobs or lowering pay is silly. These jobs most non-skilled immigrants do are ones Americans would not touch with a 10 foot pole. Lowering wage? Okay, but again having your job shipped overseas for cheaper labor or automation killed your wage more than some immigrant. Plus these are the people who tend to fight against any wage raise.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Weaker and less secure in some peoples' opinion, not mine. An unbending commitment to enforcing the letter of the law is a source of strength, not bending it because it serves some humanitarian nonsense.
    So in essence you're just admitting you don't think very hard about whether or not a law is actually, you know, good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So, then why do you have a problem with another country pushing a law that limits freedom of speech. You'd think that you would support their unbending commitment to the letter of the law...