Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Legion is over... What to kill, what to keep?

This week's patch effectively concludes Legion which, for me, was a pretty solid expansion. It had some really good bits, and some really disappointing bits, but it was much closer to Wrath and Mists than it was Cataclysm and Warlords.

But here's the question:

If there was one thing you wanted to keep for Battle for Azeroth, and one thing you wanted to kill, which would they be?

For me, it'd be:

Keep: World Quests.

I think these reinvigorated the world, and provided some steady content for more casual players with an aspect of progression throughout. It needs tweaked and developed, but I think it's really strong.

Kill: Mission Tables.

Honestly, it needs to go. It's had its time, it adds nothing of value to the game whatsoever (save as a poor gating mechanism), and is in fact an annoying design crutch that needs to be rubbed out. You think we want it, but we don't.

Over to you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep: World Quests

Kill: Legion Legendary system

Keep: Everything
    Kill: Horde, obviously.

It's not over by a long shot for me, but the things I wanted dead are mostly taken care of with BfA.

As for you wanting to kill Mission Tables: I have huge benefits from them, and the mechanics are not exactly gamebreaking. I wouldn't mind if they have something similar in BfA at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep: World quest i guess. Really they are just daily quests but a bit more random but meh there ok.

Kill: Ap and the rep loot box thing. I hate AP and want it to die ( even tho it wont) and mounts being in that rep loot box can suck a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Keep: World Quests.
    Kill: Mission Tables.
    I think you need to find other 'keep/kill' items, because it's been already confirmed we'll have 'world quests' in BfA, and considering there was no mention at all of anything 'mission-table' related during the reveal, as well as having no centralized, character-specific 'base of operations', I think it's a pretty safe assumption that there won't be any 'mission table'. For BfA, anyways.

As for my choices:
    Keep: secret rewards (Fathom Dweller mount, Uuna secret, Lucid Nightmare, etc)
    Remove: random-drop legendaries (make them quest-based again)

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    You think we want it, but we don't.

Over to you!
    It's a keep for me because I enjoy it. That said, there has been no news of having one exist in the same capacity for BfA.

Keep
    Steady Patch Pacing and Raid Releases. The timing between .0 and .5(ish) patches this expansion has been golden and kept me playing the whole time.
    Level progression. Legion's leveling feels like a sweetspot between time spent and rewards gained.
    Free Upgrades. Find some way to let us get the occasional "Epic Upgrade" when turning in quests and such. It has made dealing with random groups of mobs and sidequests totally worth it for the chance. It's also a big reason I'll still knock out gear world quests when I'm a little over the ilevel.

Kill
    There wasn't anything I didn't really care for this expansion. I know a lot of people say get rid of legendaries, but given Blizzard's handling of those anyway, I already expected this to be the case. Legion-daries and their system will stay an expansion feature, I just wonder if we'll still see them drop while leveling through it with alts during BfA.

Legendaries (in Legion's format), Artifacts, Artifact Power and in particular Garrison\Order Hall table\automated\timed\mobile misisons should all be thrown to the garbage can and never be considered again.

World Quests, individual challenges (like Mage Tower, Withered Training, Chromie), Mythic+s should all be kept and improved upon with additional content.

Mythic+ is probably the best feature ever implemented in WoW from a gameplay\content perspective. If they can improve it with more affixes, maybe randomizing it instead of fixed ones per week, use scaling to add older dungeons to increase the available dungeon pool (with proper balance, not shitty timewalking one), etc, would all make it godly.

You keep what you kill

Keep : world quests
    Kill : titanforge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Keep: Everything
    Kill: Horde, obviously.
    I LOL'd

Keep: All the fun, secret hidden stuff
    eradicate: anything that makes LFR necessary for me (the leggo grind in specific)

Keep:My sanity
    by Killing: Ion's career

Keep: M+
    Kill: LFR
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill everything that had anything to do with professions, what a horrible experience.

Haven't PvPed since BC, so this is PvE focused.

Keep:
    Scaling leveling zones - The variety was nice while leveling alts.
    Mythic+ - Great new progression system not tied to organized raiding.
    Transmog 2.0 - Superb system now that all seen appearances are added automatically. I do wish they would bring back the option to permanently hide helms though - they're almost all ugly af.

Modify:
    World quests - Felt obligated to farm the cache daily for best returns, something to reduce that, maybe a more weekly oriented configuration for the caches?
    Mission table - Fewer, longer missions. Same issue as WQs, felt obligated to baby sit them to get adequate returns. Keep the rate of reward over time similar or even reduce it because lets be honest, being able to farm up that much gold across alts is a bit much.
    AP - Why this was tied to spec/weapon and not a resource at the character level I'll never understand. I'm optimistic that the necklace in BfA will be a fix, but some of the details I've read are less than promising.
    Reputations - These should be account bound at this point. Thought that since BC. I put in the hours to rep grind once, not very excited to do it 10-12 more times... At least most of the rewards are now account bound, but contributions from all alts to the grind would be nice, then I could play what I want, not feel obligated to stick to one character day in and day out to maximize rep farming.
    Professions - The randomness of obtaining the best recipes was frustrating. Something a little more deterministic would be better. Perhaps as simple as receiving tokens at random but reliable intervals to redeem for specific upgrades.
    Transmog Sets - Add incomplete sets to the sets tab so you can mog the bits you have without flipping back and forth to the collections window.
    Flying - I agree that flying should be restricted for a period of time during an expansion, but it should be obtainable at launch and gated behind a progression system of some sort that can be worked toward. You get players out, experiencing the world, and once they have experience it enough, they can stop having to deal with the annoyances of experiencing the world. ;-) Of course as the expansion progresses, the requirements to unlock should gradually relax as a catch-up mechanic - very hard at the beginning and nearly trivial near the very end.
    Patch tempo - Felt just slightly too fast, it's nice to have that couple weeks downtime to farm up some older content every now and then

Remove:
    Suramar - Zones with a layout like that are a nightmare enough, then you add in the random mobs that will detect you and coming in with leveling gear that makes it hard to survive detection makes it really annoying. Was certainly far less annoying once you out geared it, and even less so when you could fly around all that crap.
    Random Legendaries - When you have no fairly reliable method to receive BiS items, it feels really bad. BiS from instances drop regularly enough to avoid a problem, BiS legos did not.
    Survival hunters - And also fire whoever came up with that abomination.
    World PvP - They're doing this in BfA so included it. I play on a PvP server because that is where my friends are, not because I particularly want to PvP in the world. World PvP in my experience is always someone 2+ levels above you killing you in 2 hits while questing, and then running away so you have no recourse. Not really PvP at all, just an annoyance, so glad to see it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggested one keep and one kill, just to filter down into what people really liked and what they really disliked.

But the lists are cool.

Ref the mission tables: Having huge benefits given to you for free isn't a reason to keep them. It's actually a reason to kill them, given that it's a problem with basic game design to deliver all reward for no risk. There's absolutely no game play in them, which makes them impossible to "enjoy" - they're merely used as a content gate or a loot dispenser. They need to be gotten rid of, and it seems they're being gotten rid of.

At blizzcon they already stated world quests are staying, idk about the daily emissary part but basically its staying the same. And they have no plans for mission tables in bfa. RIP easy gold

Kill - artifacts in the form of weapons (especially xmog limited ones), class halls, mission tables, the idea of only a few capital cities being relevant, class pruning trend, and fire whoever designed VotW.

Keep - whatever else you like.

5+ Year Old Account
    Keep: World Quests
    I think so too. I hope Blizzard improves them though. I hope they use the HvA story arc to make them more interesting. I also think they are a good way to get some gear to start off with.

I think WoW needs to catch up in time with its PvP by adding solo que and a ladder similar to Overwatch, that would be cool.

For Mythic dungeons, I think they should always be working to improve it because they are a success and honestly I love doing Mythic+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep: WQ including the emissary cache thing. I could miss a day or two of playing without actually losing anything.

Kill: Anything even remotely resembling Warforging/Titanforging. Instead add a 10 ilv cap of possible increase to gear through professions, making Tailoring, Leatherworking and Blacksmithing relevant again.