Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yes, I'm sure you claim you had zero assistance in any way.
    government? nope. but what is the point im not against basic things for the poor/disabled. i've always thought about what a perfect system would look like. something similar to star trek is ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Oh no, people need to work to afford the things they want.
    Oh no, people work just to subsist day-to-day.

Oh wait, that's slavery.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    government? nope. but what is the point im not against basic things for the poor/disabled. i've always thought about what a perfect system would look like. something similar to star trek is ideal.
    Funny how your sort always discount the huge support from family.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Oh no, people work just to subsist day-to-day.

Oh wait, that's slavery.
    No really, go look up the definition of slavery and then reflect on how foolish you were for writing that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I've pointed out your own contradictions, from your own words.

As you've done, many times in this thread alone, the only information you care about are the parts that agree with your ignorant narrative. If you cared at all about this issue, and actually learned something, you wouldn't make asinine and counterintuitive statements like the ones above and before.
    Sorry, I've pretty much not read any of your responses. I will do so now to cure my "ignorance".

- - - Updated - - -

You apparently didn't read what your wrote or are so out of touch with reality that you think your answer is actually a reasonable, factual answer. You are almost literally what's wrong with this country.

Let's go line by line, shall we?
    Ok let's.

Keeping people healthy is a wealth transfer? Really. That's interesting because it isn't. And wanting it to be so that your little echo chamber still resonates doesn't make it so. Affordable healthcare is the obligation of a country to it's citizens, and if you're confused, or disagree, look at every other developed nation in the world. They all do it. But somehow you missed that, and think that keeping people healthy without bankrupting them is a "wealth transfer".

Pathetic #1.
    Yes it is a wealth transfer. "Affordable" health care means more taxes, which means higher taxes on the wealthy. This is an irrefutable fact. Show me exactly where in our Constitution it says that the government is responsible for health care? It doesn't. Nice try though. Strike one.

Predatory lending is a proven way for rich people to prey on other people's weaknesses. If you don't think preying on weak people is exploitation, then, again, you are either a liar (my first choice) or haven't been paying attention (close second, not necessarily mutually exclusive).

Pathetic #2
    Predatory lending is against the law. Anyone doing it should be prosecuted. This is a horrible business practice but is not the wealthy exploiting the poor, it is a bad business breaking the law. Predatory lending is in no way shape or form a primary contributor to the poor being poor or becoming poor. Strike 2?

At this point it's unclear if you are actually just that ignorant or are now just outright lying because your little echo chamber is collapsing. Do you know what a debtor's prison is? Are you aware that people sometimes spend years in jail because they couldn't pay a speeding ticket? For profit prisons promote these kinds of laws, when all they do is, again, prey on the poor.

Your ignorance and arrogance aren't good qualities - stop flaunting them.
    Whether it is a government run prison or a private prison, the law is the law. This is clearly not an example of the wealthy exploiting the poor but of bad laws that impact the poor more than they do the rich. Strike three!!!

CEO wages has grown 90x faster than worker wages, which have actually declined in some areas. Have only CEO expenses gone up? Are you paying attention yet?
    You fail to show how the poor are being exploited by this. Employees are being given jobs and are paid whatever rate the market is willing to bear. This is not theft or exploitation. Sorry your attempts to support the argument that the wealthy exploit the poor are the typical leftist talking points that don't actually prove the case. Thanks for playing though.

I'm out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Try getting a loan by making $7.5 an hour to "invest" in property, aka buy it and raise its rent even more to have tenants pay for your loans

Check out how wallmart treats its workers.

Even if you invest all your $7.5 you make an hour, you are never going to reach a decent investment. Lets not forget how expensive rent is, doubtful you can buy your own small home to reduce living costs. After all bills are paid, you still cant invest enough to become rich

Check out monopoly. Cartel. Inflation, especially if wages are not increasing at the same rate.

Immigration (more people fighting for a job means less pay, also more people spending money)

American internet providers fucking people in the ass

Not sure if you are this clueless or just trying to troll
    You have a misguided belief that your neighbors and fellow citizens owe you stuff just because you live and breath. Welcome to reality where that is never the case.

Why should someone making $7.50/hr a loan when they have no ability to pay it back?
    Your second sentence isn't a complete thought. No idea how to respond.
    Agree on (Illegal) Immigration suppressing wages for poor Americans.Internet providers spent billions rolling out fiber and cable to build the Internet. They owe you NOTHING. You don't have a right to the internet. Pay up moocher!

Not trolling at all. Someday, when you reach my age (50), have a wife and kids to support, and a great career, you too may not want some ungrateful, jealous, moochers telling you that you owe them stuff that they are not entitled to.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    No really, go look up the definition of slavery and then reflect on how foolish you were for writing that
    https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-...odern-slavery/

But I guess acknowledging there's such a problem isn't in the interests of deplorable alt-righters.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So if you watched the movie Elysium with Matt Damon, the general human population is on a dying Earth and the 'nobility' and rich are on a spacecraft floating just above Earth's atmosphere.

The "New California" thread just made me remember this idea I had about how NYC and the Bay Area in California are always referred to as the coastal elites and want to separate from the "Trumpfolk" in middle America. I find it interesting how on one side they proclaim they want to help the poor and yet despise them, and the other side say there's tremendous inequality and yet despise the elites and don't want to associate with them.

I don't even know where I'm going with this, but I just feel like Elysium abstractly portrays the inevitable conclusion of the current trajectory of America.
    I've lived in NYC for many years and I can guarantee you, most don't think of themselves as "coastal elites" that's probably a very VERY small portion of the total population, probably reserved for some people living on the upper east side.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    The rich already have access to very expensive stem cell rejuvenation techniques and other life extension therapies. Half of Hollywood are doing these treatments already.

The poor will be left behind even more as the rich get fitter and live longer and healthier lives. The poor will be selling their aborted features for the rich to inject in to themselves. (This is no joke)

"It's sci-fi" LOL what a piss poor argument. Just 100 years ago virtual worlds were considered sci-fi and now they are everywhere. Strap in and enjoy the ride folks, we're about to hit rock bottom.