Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    After everything Sargeras has done. Illidan plans to bat his ass all over that platform.

My theory is, Sargeras will some how ignite the demon in Illidan, and gain control over him, or successfully take over his body, wipe out the Pantheon again and come for us leading the Legion. That's why Xera saw Illidan in her vision, except he wasn't fighting for us, but against us, and the Child of Light and Shadow she thought Illidan was, is actually Arator.
    Fighting the Legion for a 50th time?

D: Sargeras, that beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Hmm.. so if Illidian is required to keep Sargeras in check, why did the pantheon not insist on him remaining there?
    Otherwise if he isn't required I don't get why the pantheon allowed him to remain there risking to set Sargeras free again by wanting to fight him and setting him free?
    I don't think Illidan was required, per se; he simply chose to stay and the Pantheon permitted it to occur. I don't think Illidan's presence can aid Sargeras in getting free, either - he's being constrained by his peers and by the remaining essence of Argus, and Illidan is pent in the Seat of the Pantheon along with the rest of them. If Illidan destroys Sargeras within the Seat then he simply has to reside there for all eternity with the Pantheon. If Sargeras destroys Illidan it won't change his status as imprisoned for all time. And if the two destroy one-another then it also doesn't matter as the Pantheon are still sealed away forever.

That is until the narrative somehow cracks open the Seat for whatever reason.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That is until the Maiev somehow cracks open the Seat for true love.
    It's gonna be like that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It's gonna be like that!
    That's an unfortunately one-sided love, then - Illidan didn't even leave her a message before getting sealed into the Seat. It's the WoW equivalent of getting ghosted.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

That's an unfortunately one-sided love, then - Illidan didn't even leave her a message before getting sealed into the Seat. It's the WoW equivalent of getting ghosted.
    Maybe he's just making her work for it. It wouldn't be past Illidan's character to play hard to get. I bet he's already missing Maiev's dungeon and all the cool "toys" there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    SargerasXIllidan is one true pairing. Because boys love is the best love. That's why titans scaled sargeras down.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if the two destroy one-another then it also doesn't matter as the Pantheon are still sealed away forever.

That is until the narrative somehow cracks open the Seat for whatever reason.
    Does it explicitly state anywhere that they are sealed away forever? My theory is that the Pantheon are basically having an 'intervention' for Sargeras and are going to spend the time in the seat trying to cleanse him. Illidan's presence could be as a champion of the titans to keep Sargeras in check, so where individually the Titans get roflstomped by Sargeras, if they combine and channel their powers into Illidan (like when Illidan took power from his mages, sure he killed them but these are Titans! lol), he may be able to stand up to him, I dunno. Then, when the final expansion drops and we are finally going face to face with the void lords, the titans release a cleansed Sargeras to aid us in the fight against them.

Maybe it seems a bit far fetched but there is a reason Sargeras was imprisoned and not killed in a raid. Lets be honest, Azeroth could not have taken a 2nd blow from him, what chance would even the most awesomely geared tank stand? So if we cant kill Sargeras, there is no way we can kill the things that make him wet the bed, so we are gonna need help in that final fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    What is he up to? Does he intend to stay there warglaives drawn in front of Sargeras? Fight him? What is he about to do?
    He's not at Antorus. He's cruising with the Titans on the Pantheon, right to bitch slap Sargeras.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Does it explicitly state anywhere that they are sealed away forever? My theory is that the Pantheon are basically having an 'intervention' for Sargeras and are going to spend the time in the seat trying to cleanse him. Illidan's presence could be as a champion of the titans to keep Sargeras in check, so where individually the Titans get roflstomped by Sargeras, if they combine and channel their powers into Illidan (like when Illidan took power from his mages, sure he killed them but these are Titans! lol), he may be able to stand up to him, I dunno. Then, when the final expansion drops and we are finally going face to face with the void lords, the titans release a cleansed Sargeras to aid us in the fight against them.

Maybe it seems a bit far fetched but there is a reason Sargeras was imprisoned and not killed in a raid. Lets be honest, Azeroth could not have taken a 2nd blow from him, what chance would even the most awesomely geared tank stand? So if we cant kill Sargeras, there is no way we can kill the things that make him wet the bed, so we are gonna need help in that final fight.
    I'd roll with this one

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post

I don't think there's an explicit mention of it, no; but on the same token I don't think there's any form of intervention for a being like Sargeras. I don't know if his imprisonment in the Seat (or Illidan's by extension) will prove permanent insofar as WoW goes, but I think the general idea is that Sargeras, the Pantheon, and Illidan aren't meant to leave it at any predetermined point. Which is why Velen, Illidan, and Khadgar all refer to Azeroth as the sole Titan left in the universe - she's alone, mortally wounded, with only the mortal races and Magni left to safeguard her against the Void Lords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    A part of me honestly thought there would be a message for Maiev, but there kinda was if you think about it... the last words he said to Velen "The hunter is nothing without the hunt."

I am sure Velen will bring it up in passing, and Maiev will know exactly what he means... because Illidan told her the same thing.
    It would be interesting to be a proverbial fly on the wall for that conversation. I do appreciate the rather cyclical nature of Illidan's story when viewed in hindsight - from vengeful prisoner of Maiev to vengeful hunter of Sargeras. Illidan perversely becomes like Maiev toward the end of his of story, unwilling to lay down the hunt that had defined him since the War of the Ancients. Maiev would probably appreciate the irony if she were capable of it.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-01-18 at 10:41 PM.

They are going to have a loooong talk, years worth of talking.

Then one day, somehow they will be able to get out and Sargeras will have been told that his ways are wrong and be convinced to be on our side while Illidan will find out
    about the void lords and the huge threat to this universe, with titan planets and all so they will both help us against the void lords until Sargeras either sacrifices himself
    for us in a good way or gets corrupted somehow and we kill him, either way he is doomed eventually :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's an explicit mention of it, no; but on the same token I don't think there's any form of intervention for a being like Sargeras. I don't know if his imprisonment in the Seat (or Illidan's by extension) will prove permanent insofar as WoW goes, but I think the general idea is that Sargeras, the Pantheon, and Illidan aren't meant to leave it at any predetermined point. Which is why Velen, Illidan, and Khadgar all refer to Azeroth as the sole Titan left in the universe - she's alone, mortally wounded, with only the mortal races and Magni left to safeguard her against the Void Lords.
    I see no other reason for the Pantheon and Illidan to remain in the seat with Sargeras other than to keep him there so I get the feeling that they could leave whenever they wanted (well, not Sargeras coz Titans and Illidan). The Pantheon must feel some sort of responsibility for Sargeras actions, I mean, when he told them about the corrupted Titan they scolded him which set into motion his descent into madness. If they had listened to him maybe he never would have fallen and the void lords would have already been thwarted, that surely has to weigh on them, so trying to cleanse their brother is the least they can do, and he is currently the strongest Titan in existence (Azeroth hasn't and may never wake up/hatch/turn into a butterfly/whatever world souls do), sure she talks to Magni, but does she? We know that the Old Gods like to whisper in peoples ears.

I think we will see Sargeras again (its a huge loose end to just have him, Illidan and the Pantheon vanish and never be seen or heard from again) and I think it will be cliche if he just busts out and continues where he left off, not to mention that story would have rendered the Pantheons resurrection a big waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

The original dialogue said more explicitly that the titans are basically trapped in the same prison as Sargeras to keep him bound with Illidan as the jailor but now it's up in the air. I like to think he's just repeatedly kicking Sargeras in the balls for all eternity.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    he will kill him and all other titans by constantly crying how much he sacrificed. Seriously, i don't think why illidan is up there, because it's pantheon who keeps Sargeras in check, not him
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

to make sure sargeras seat is available when azeroth is finally born

Jerk off and emo out~