Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    The fastest way for me seems to be doing the dungeons just for the quests and questing while in que. You can level quite fast if you get good lfg groups.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    kk keep dodging the question, dies to trash
    It was Slag Mines. Group kept wiping to the ogre packs. Healer just couldn't keep us up, even with me popping barkskin, survival instincts and spamming all rage on ironfur. I've said it like 10 times now. Anyway, I'm getting bored now, so if your next response isn't a non-troll then I'm for real blocking you.

As it is right now, we still have some customizable stuff there, but it isn't player-based.

You can still pick your zone.

Then at 90 you do get a garrison, which offers customization choices as you level. (Unfortunately for this topic, they made most of it irrelevant.)

80-90 is the biggest dead zone here, but at least it's 10 levels in fresh zones with a talent at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    It was Slag Mines. Group kept wiping to the ogre packs. Healer just couldn't keep us up, even with me popping barkskin, survival instincts and spamming all rage on ironfur. I've said it like 10 times now. Anyway, I'm getting bored now, so if your next response isn't a non-troll then I'm for real blocking you.
    The packs of 2-3 ogres that have a spellcast that you can interrupt? Or the ones that patrol? There's only 1 pull in bloodmaul slag mines where you have to pull more than 3 mobs, and that's the group right before the bridge... but you can cc them. You can root melee mobs.

Still 100% sounds like a pebcak issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I want levelling to go back to the difficulty it was at.
    "was at" when? Because even in 7.3.5 its still a sad picture of what it once was. They lowered the XP so many times over the years, its ridiculous.

You just want it to be easy and no effort, you don't want it to be "what it was". So just be honest and say that.

On that note the scaling actually makes it less annoying, since you can more freely skip areas you don't like, and are not forced to change area about a third into every zone anymore. The overall time to level shouldn't even be that much longer, and you can spend more time on actual questing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    "was at" whenOn that note the scaling actually makes it less annoying, since you can more freely skip areas you don't like, and are not forced to change area about a third into every zone anymore. The overall time to level shouldn't even be that much longer, and you can spend more time on actual questing.
    This. Travel time has been cut down a lot. You also aren't penalized anymore if you decide to hang back and clear a questline.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    You also didn't have 15 other MMO's to choose from, patches every 3-4 months, and raids that can realistically cleared by a majority of raiders within the first month to two months. So yeah, back in TBC this speed would be fine, now, it's not going to work. You're going to have people who already didn't like leveling to hate it more and new players are going to find other games that they can jump into and get to the end game faster.

Imagine having to watch every previous season of your favorite television show first before you are allowed to watch the new season that comes out. The new patch slowed the leveling down, so now having to watch those previous seasons on 50% playback. For some, that new season just isn't going to be worth the hassle, so they'll find shows that don't require this nonsense. People in this day and age want things now, now, now. So slowing the game down by making things drag on isn't good and isn't healthy if it's forced. It needs to be optional.
    I did have 15 other mmo’s to play I know as I tried a lot of them and settled on wow as the best. I also hadn’t got 55 till wrath launched so by the time i was max people were clearing things like naxx ulduar ect with not much hassle and I was puging the trial raid on my second toon not long after I hit max.

I also do reread any book in a series when the series gets a new one.

Deleted
    There is also issue of having to do exactly same zones every time in Draenor. I'm sick of doing the entry scenario and Shadowmoon for 15th time. Just let us do all the zones from 90 to 100 already...

I believe that the majority of the people arguing in support of this change fall into three categories; they have too much time on their hands and can play ten hours a day for seven days a week, they have almost every class at level 110 or they're vanilla fanboys(the bad sort of vanilla fanboys).

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    That being said when BFA launches I can see the requirements being removed. There's no way blizzard are going to force new players who hit 120 to go back to 110 areas and grind out rep. I'd imagine it's going to be if you want them now do the stuff, get the FoS.
    Yeah but even to START leveling a new subrace, you must prepurchase BfA. If they lower the req when BfA launches, it would basically punish people who prepurchased BfA and gave their money and loyalty to a game that's barely in the making. That would feel weird... Oo
    "Hey, you gave us your money and support even before we could give you the product itself? Let us punish you with nerfing the requirements for the brand new subraces! Thaaaaanks for the $$$!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    There is also issue of having to do exactly same zones every time in Draenor. I'm sick of doing the entry scenario and Shadowmoon for 15th time. Just let us do all the zones from 90 to 100 already...
    You can skip the scenario. But yeah agree. Thank god I leveled all my toons to 100 when it could be done with 2-3 xp potions, in about 1-2 hours. Those were the days Now I can't get myself to level my alts in Legion. Bleh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah but even to START leveling a new subrace, you must prepurchase BfA. If they lower the req when BfA launches, it would basically punish people who prepurchased BfA and gave their money and loyalty to a game that's barely in the making. That would feel weird... Oo
    "Hey, you gave us your money and support even before we could give you the product itself? Let us punish you with nerfing the requirements for the brand new subraces! Thaaaaanks for the $$$!"

- - - Updated - - -
    I think you're not familiar with the concept of "punishment". :P

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    I think you're not familiar with the concept of "punishment". :P
    Isn't making one part, the "loyal" part of the playerbase having to level a char to 110 on the realm where you want your new shiny subrace, then farming the reps and then telling the other part of the playerbase "mnah, nevermind, here is your shiny new character, have fun" a punishment then to the "loyal" base?

For me, if they just let us have the new subraces with BfA, I would not bother to unlock them. Too much of a hurdle for a newcomer/resubber, when they can just do what they did before, aka simply not play the game for a couple of more months.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Can you imagine being new to the game and wanting to level a void elf?
    First, you have to level up through all this new bullshit sans heirlooms to 110.
    Then you have to grind out rep to even unlock void elves.
    Then you have to level yet-again.
    Can you imagine being new to the game and wanting to level a death knight?
    gotta hit level 55 after levelign through all the vanilla bullshit
    then you make your dk and level yet again
    can you imagine being new the the game and wanting to level a demon hunter?
    gotta level through vanilla and bc and abit of wrath
    then you gotta start all over and level yet again
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I believe that the majority of the people arguing in support of this change fall into three categories; they have too much time on their hands and can play ten hours a day for seven days a week, they have almost every class at level 110 or they're vanilla fanboys(the bad sort of vanilla fanboys).
    Then buy a boost.
    Can't be broke and lazy. Pick a struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    Then buy a boost.
    Can't be broke and lazy. Pick a struggle.
    Your reply doesn't in any way negate what I said and the decision of buying a boost or not itself is irrelevant to the discussion in the first place. This isn't about me as I actually have ten characters at 110 and didn't intend to level more in the first place.

You need to get used that some people point some things out because of the benefit others will have, not out of selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Your reply doesn't in any way negate what I said and the decision of buying a boost or not itself is irrelevant to the discussion in the first place. This isn't about me as I actually have ten characters at 110 and didn't intend to level more in the first place.

You need to get used that some people point some things out because of the benefit others will have, not out of selfish reasons.
    Others benefit more from this change, though. These changes are for the greater good, not some kid who wants alt #14 to do garrison missions.

This change allows the entire world to be utilized in a better fashion. Your selfish myopia won't allow you to acknowledge that, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    "was at" when? Because even in 7.3.5 its still a sad picture of what it once was. They lowered the XP so many times over the years, its ridiculous.

You just want it to be easy and no effort, you don't want it to be "what it was". So just be honest and say that.

On that note the scaling actually makes it less annoying, since you can more freely skip areas you don't like, and are not forced to change area about a third into every zone anymore. The overall time to level shouldn't even be that much longer, and you can spend more time on actual questing.
    I want it to be what it was before this. At least until they make a genuine effort to fix this mess and make levelling fun and engaging without mindlessly upping the difficulty of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Can you imagine being new to the game and wanting to level a void elf?
    First, you have to level up through all this new bullshit sans heirlooms to 110.
    Then you have to grind out rep to even unlock void elves.
    Then you have to level yet-again.
    You're not technically wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you always get a "free" level boost when you buy an expansion. Although you might not want to randomly boost to 110 in BfA if you've never played WoW before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I want it to be what it was before this. At least until they make a genuine effort to fix this mess and make levelling fun and engaging without mindlessly upping the difficulty of everything.
    It's fun and engaging right now
    I'm sorry that you're wrong and can't enjoy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Honestly, as far as I'm concerned if you aren't going to buy the current expansion there's literally no point in playing or paying a sub. Yes BFA will probably cost a fair bit but legion will be thrown into the battle chest for newer people, same as wod was.

As for punishing people who did it before, like I said throw a FoS on it or a title or something. Personally I have no issue having to do the requirements for a allied race now and having access to it a few months sooner. Honestly if someone does have a problem with that I'd find it pretty petty

Edit

Also having allied races work for now and no requirements later is no different from DHs in legion, that worked out pretty well. You could also twist it a bit and say its no different from TBC having dreanai and B elfs, sure they were only released with the expansion, but you still had to pay for it and there was no requirements
    Last edited by Rotted; 2018-01-18 at 10:51 PM.