Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Didn't something like this happen in Germany a few years back. Where they found a bunch a children a basement. The father had several children with his daughter.

It wasn't 13 though...
    There was an Australian family of 40, is this what you're thinking about? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-revealed.html

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-house-video

How the hell does this go unnoticed for such a long time??

Those monsters should be locked up forever....
    This reminds me of the Genie case from the 70's. Curiously enough also from California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-house-video

How the hell does this go unnoticed for such a long time??

Those monsters should be locked up forever....
    It happens more than you think. My wife's assistant is taking care of her nieces kids because of something like this.

I don't know the full details but the basic is this. Crazy asshole guy married my wife's co-workers niece. The live out in the woods, guy use to be miliatary and they taught their kids from home. The oldest daughter was 18ish and she was going to take the SAT's, before she could she had to get her shots, so they take her to the doctor and the doctor thinks she is malnourished so he calls CPS on them. CPS sees the kid are living in horrible conditions and takes the children away.

When the parents went to court the guy said " I want my property back" .

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That is insanely depressing. I certainly hope the kids and even legal adult victims get whatever help they need. Recovery from such a life is going to be a challenge.
    Can some one even be considered an adult if they spent there whole life locked in a basement?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    There was a case like this but Austria is not part of Germany (at the moment).

10/char

Deleted
    typical california hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    typical california hahaha
    Typical White Christian Conservatives you mean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Didn't something like this happen in Germany a few years back. Where they found a bunch a children a basement. The father had several children with his daughter.

It wasn't 13 though...
    The Fritzl case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

Was in Austria.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Can some one even be considered an adult if they spent there whole life locked in a basement?
    Not really. They become like Genie and other notable feral children. It depends on how much language acquisition they have. If they are like Genie, then they have zero and cannot be re-socialized because of the age at which they are found. If first language acquisition does not occur before puberty it seems there is a plateau at which a human cannot acquire one anymore. Doctors and Psychologists tried very hard to re-socialize Genie to be a relatively normal human but she had so many behavioural issues and could not master human language at all.

A 29-year-old who has zero to minimal human socialization and possibly no working knowledge of a language is IMHO and according to research I did on feral children a few years ago; going to be wards of the State for life. They are mentally not really human in the way we understand a human person. The ones before peburty might gain some working knowledge of basic language and may even make some kind of recovery, but this case is so much like the Genie case which is probably the most extreme case of child abuse on record.

There are some cases of mild recovery, such as Oxanna the Russian/Ukrainian "Dog Girl" who was raised by wild dogs from an early age who was able to grasp basic Russian and Ukrainian and lead a somewhat Human life in a collective care home but really can't function in normal human society and they found her relatively early.

i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Not really. They become like Genie and other notable feral children. It depends on how much language acquisition they have. If they are like Genie, then they have zero and cannot be re-socialized because of the age at which they are found. If first language acquisition does not occur before puberty it seems there is a plateau at which a human cannot acquire one anymore. Doctors and Psychologists tried very hard to re-socialize Genie to be a relatively normal human but she had so many behavioural issues and could not master human language at all.

A 29-year-old who has zero to minimal human socialization and possibly no working knowledge of a language is IMHO and according to research I did on feral children a few years ago; going to be wards of the State for life. They are mentally not really human in the way we understand a human person. The ones before peburty might gain some working knowledge of basic language and may even make some kind of recovery, but this case is so much like the Genie case which is probably the most extreme case of child abuse on record.
    They were not isolated as Genie was, nor are there indications that their parents did not speak with them, especially given that she was able to give coherent directions to people to find the others and they were taken on many excursions outside the house.

Don't reduce the Genie case by comparing it to this, which is a fairly standard child abuse case - they were malnourished and punished extraordinary, but were in no way comparable to Genie's case where she wasn't even considered a human by her parents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    They were not isolated as Genie was, nor are there indications that their parents did not speak with them, especially given that she was able to give coherent directions to people to find the others and they were taken on many excursions outside the house.

Don't reduce the Genie case by comparing it to this, which is a fairly standard child abuse case - they were malnourished and punished extraordinary, but were in no way comparable to Genie's case where she wasn't even considered a human by her parents.
    That is good. At least they are socialized.

Deleted
    This is what happens when people don't get a short back and sides!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull

Some goofy movement that brought you the Duggar family.

Kids in this particular case were all homeschooled and had no contact with the rest of the world.
    Of course, religion. Why would it be anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Of course, religion. Why would it be anything else?
    Came here expecting anti-religious venom... and this is all you've got?

You militant atheists losing your religion or something? This is pathetic lol

10+ Year Old Account
    You hear more fucked up shit every day. It's depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's really fucked up is when they breed and raise children, the children become their parents.

You know, like that guy you met who daddy abused them and they later become a cruel person and home abuser themselves.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post

atheism isnt a religion fyi

Turning these threads into religious debates is against forum rules and gets threads locked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    This reminds me of the Genie case from the 70's. Curiously enough also from California.
    You're also from California....do you have Children locked up in your basement?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

America + Religion = 13 feral children locked in a basement since birth and sufffering torture.

Once agian, i'll ask very nicely.

Please close the boarder to Canada. Your country has gotten out of control. It's going through "growing pains" to put it lightly. But your people are unstable.

They export their guns, their religion, their racism and their hatred to Canada. It needs to stop.

10+ Year Old Account

Cause atheism obviously ties children in basements as a form of natural selection to selectively remove unworthy children from the breeding pool. This is a thing that happens.