Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Kill: Worforging/Titanforging
    Keep: Everything else (inlcuding the artifact system)

Pretty much what you said OP. Although I will say that world quests need some improvements; I'd be personally hugely in favor of longer, more engaging world quests with greater rewards and and upper limit on the amount you can do per day.

I also had a strong urge to say "Legendaries", despite the fact that that's already confirmed. But yeah, aside from that, I want to kill the whole mission table system. It simply doesn't fit with the rest of the game, feels cumbersome and most importantly doesn't actually feel like it contributes anything to the game aside from economy inflation. I can't even really call it a minigame as it's more or less just lot of clicking through menus and picking rewards to wait for.

I dont get all the mission table hate...great rewards for no effort, can even do it from a phone app. People are crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    I dont get all the mission table hate...great rewards for no effort, can even do it from a phone app. People are crazy.
    It's exactly because it becomes another addictive farmville app on your phone that people hate the mission table. Rightly so.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It's exactly because it becomes another addictive farmville app on your phone that people hate the mission table. Rightly so.
    Then don't do it. I use mission table for the gold missions, if you want to pass up on free gold or earn it another way because you dont like farmville then so be it. If you cant break yourself away from an app that lets you start 8 hour missions then your addiction isnt with the app its with the game itself.

Like that's hardly an argument, the app has no addictive components, all you can do is plop a few followers into your mission board from your phone instead of being in game, its not like its something you can spend a lot of time on or play.

Keep:Artifact challenges and ways to get cool cosmetic rewards.

Kill:Honor progess being Character specific.That thing should be Account wide.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Losing the mission table in BfA is going to suck. That is a massive easy gold generator that supports playing the game for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Losing the mission table in BfA is going to suck. That is a massive easy gold generator that supports playing the game for free.
    This times 1billion.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Then don't do it. I use mission table for the gold missions, if you want to pass up on free gold or earn it another way because you dont like farmville then so be it. If you cant break yourself away from an app that lets you start 8 hour missions then your addiction isnt with the app its with the game itself.

Like that's hardly an argument, the app has no addictive components, all you can do is plop a few followers into your mission board from your phone instead of being in game, its not like its something you can spend a lot of time on or play.
    Point is it's not wow and any relation to it is tenuous at best. Command your soldiers! ... push button and wait... so amazing..
    Even in-game it does nothing to improve game-play by time-gating story and rewards behind an arbitrary wait-time, again and again. Frustrating really.

- - - Updated - - -

How bout mail 10k g daily to players who log in? Accomplish the same.

Keep: WF/TF, Legendary system (yes I know they're getting rid of it), AP, M+, World Quests
    Kill: PvP World Quests, and No Flying Zones like Argus.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

How bout mail 10k g daily to players who log in? Accomplish the same.
    Except Blizzard won't be doing that? Just watch the BfA players complain that they have to start paying for the game because their small gold reserves dry up once the expansion hits.

Keep: M+, wardrobe, WQs, emissaries, all the silly secret stuff(brain worm thing for example) that I don't care about but others do
    Kill: WF/TF/random sockets, legendaries, reduced camera distance(or absurdly huge bosses/boss rooms), Netherlight Crucible, artifacts, gutted class design
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-01-18 at 08:39 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Except Blizzard won't be doing that? Just watch the BfA players complain that they have to start paying for the game because their small gold reserves dry up once the expansion hits.
    Wait and see. Stats might be nerfed but gold will inflate to unseen heights if they don't find a way to nerf that too.

Keep: M+, WQs.
    Kill: Mission tables, WF/TF and legiondaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's not over by a long shot for me, but the things I wanted dead are mostly taken care of with BfA.

As for you wanting to kill Mission Tables: I have huge benefits from them, and the mechanics are not exactly gamebreaking. I wouldn't mind if they have something similar in BfA at all.
    Care to enlighten us in what features being taken care of in BfA you are referring to? I'm fascinated what what features created by Blizzard you don't think are amazing. I thought such a thing didn't exist.

Point is it's not wow and any relation to it is tenuous at best. Command your soldiers! ... push button and wait... so amazing..
    Even in-game it does nothing to improve game-play by time-gating story and rewards behind an arbitrary wait-time, again and again. Frustrating really.
    Again and again? Suramar required one mission to be completed...Argus required one mission to be completed...really game breaking.

They also won't be mailing us 10k gold (obviously) but if players wanted to earn their free account that way they cant because people who could just not use the mission board hate the mission board.

Keep: WQs, emissaries

Modify: Mission Table (make them more rewarding, and change them to only be capable of sending 1-2 out per day) EG if there were no time reductions and each mission lasts 20-24 hours and required 3 followers you could choose between 5-10kg, 20B AP, 750-1250 argunite, or 15-20 bloods. Gives you reason to log in (atleast for a couple minutes) as well as having to make a meaningful choice on how you want to progress your character for the day, and because they're a daily mission thing the necessity to micromanage them throughout the day via a phone app is gone too. M+ variance in balance between affixes and dungeons, class choices, and the keystone system are frustrating at best. The system is nice, but really needs a good amount of polish to be great. Weapon relics the traits can DIAF but I like the frequent small ilvl upgrades more than I ever liked going weeks without ever getting a weapon from a tier, will probably be even more annoying with M+ dropping weapons in the future.

Kill: order hall resources (they're a tedious non-meaningful grind), legendary system, rng rep mounts mounts, profession star system, crucible and trait RNG, artifacts (just on the cosmetic level they got boring, the option to use a 1h+shield on my paladin or a staff on my shadow priest would be nice again), BoP resources that are mostly not useful for crafting (bloods, sargerite) they're okay for a month or so then they lose most of their value as crafting no longer is profitable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kill: TF/Legendaries. I feel like they deserve to stand together, because i really feel like they are ruining alot of the gearing processes in the game. Legendaries have closed 2 gear spots off the entire expansion and TitanForging makes it so that new gear you can acquire has a big chance to be worse then your old gear.

Keep: AP. Fucking love the system and it has huge potential. They missed a bit in Legion, but the idea of working on a big talent tree through an expansion is just interesting for me

That said, Legion did alot of good Blizz needs to keep and alot of bad it needs to ditch. Lets hope they make a good culling
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Twaster View Post
    Care to enlighten us in what features being taken care of in BfA you are referring to? I'm fascinated what what features created by Blizzard you don't think are amazing. I thought such a thing didn't exist.
    Of course they exist, don't be childish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Of course they exist, don't be childish.
    Then please tell us.

Keep: I would say World Quests, but since they're confirmed coming back, I'll go with the Obliterum forge. While I never really got any use out of it, a modification or two to a) make it easier/cheaper to upgrade items so it doesn't take a ton of dusted items to upgrade the main one to usefulness and b) allow the items to be upgradeable to a relevant ilvl (upgrading 10 times to 900 is useless when you can get a 910 item through questing in less time and without wasting a ton of materials). By making those changes, you can make crafting professions relevant again.

Kill: Requiring dungeon runs and PVP for professions. Maybe I could live with requiring a dungeon run or two for cauldrons, because those are raid items, so you should be used to grouping up. But why in the hell do I have to do an RBG (not even just a BG, but a rated one that requires me to be on a preconfigured team) to learn a new rank of a recipe? How is being good at killing other players equate to my being more proficient at making pants?