Poll: Which Horde is your favorite?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You also forgot about the ''Horde of Draenor'' that was led by Ner'zhul during the Second War. :>
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I like the new one much more. It's more diverse and Sylvanas is just a better character than Garrosh. I'd love to still have Vol'jin as Warchief but anyway. Thrall Horde was pretty good too.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    You also forgot about the ''Horde of Draenor'' that was led by Ner'zhul during the Second War. :>
    They were part of the Old Horde which Blackhand took the leadership and then Orgrim after him it was the same Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    They were part of the Old Horde which Blackhand took the leadership and then Orgrim after him it was the same Horde.
    Not really. This was after their defeat during the Second War and was built up from the remaining Clans on Draenor and Bleeding Hollow.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Horde_of_Draenor
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Horde also had Goblins and Ogres in fact. :P
    You're missing Thrall's Horde. As well, Old Horde didn't have Goblins.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

All except the last two, but Blackhand's combined with Orgrim's are my favourites.

The True Horde was far and away the most interesting Horde to follow. Garrosh was a compelling character, and watching how the Horde tried to hold itself together before ultimately splitting apart in civil war was incredible to watch.

Sylvanas is a cool character, but she doesn't bring anywhere near as much intrigue to the Horde storyline as a whole. Her "hijacking the Horde's resources to serve herself and her people" plot isn't compelling. I'd change my mind if she made a heel-face, moved past her self-centered nature and actually started caring about the Horde as whole.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Horde of the hoard
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big fan of the pre-True Horde:

Garrosh Hellscream yells: Fellow warriors of the Horde. Hear me now!
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: Ahead hides our foe. Worshippers of chaos who seek to remake the world.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: A new world is coming, friends. But it is not the world of their design.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: Together, we will crush the Twilight's Hammer, raze their stronghold,
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: salt the earth, and burn the bodies. All will tremble at our might.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: Then we will stand astride this world as its masters -
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: united in our conviction, unrivaled in strength, beholden to no one.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: Today, WE will remake the world. Our world. FOR THE HORDE!

The "What have you done, Krom'gar?" Garrosh is my fav. The Garrosh that Thrall told Vol'jin would "bow to no human, and bear no betrayal.", that openly challenged Varian Wrynn in the Purple's Parlor before Ulduar:

I really want him back, and I know I can't have it but maybe the next Orc will share similar traits and maybe have a little more respect for the elements; a return to its shamanic roots. It could do without all of the iron architecture; Blizzard did a great job of this in Warspear and the Spirit Lodge of the Horde Garrison in WoD.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2018-01-18 at 09:15 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Where is the option for Garrosh being Warchief during cataclysm? That has my vote.

Deleted
    I liked thralls horde the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not in my opinion, Warcraft 3 / Vanilla Horde felt more united with the Orcs / Tauren / Trolls really sharing a common bond, due the addition of Blood elves & Goblins, i feel that the brutal but honorable Horde has been lost, especially since Sylvanas became Warchief.
    Worth noting the Warcraft 3 Horde had a lot of Goblins working with it too. And the most dishonorable thing the Blood Elves have done (nuke Theramore) was ordered by an Orc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

The Horde during WC3 and vanilla-WotLK. Its never been the same since then, just tossing the title warchief around like a frisbee while the other leaders are either at odds all the time or never do anything.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2018-01-18 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Worth noting the Warcraft 3 Horde had a lot of Goblins working with it too.
    Hiring Goblins is one thing, a political alliance is another story.

And the most dishonorable thing the Blood Elves have done (nuke Theramore) was ordered by an Orc.
    Bringing up Garrosh when i talk about the Warcraft 3 Horde doesn't exactly fit.

Aside from that, blood elves have done enough questionable shit before that, so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead Horde muhahaha
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Old horde spilt apart after the defeat at the blackrock spire.
    Old horde clans where Blackrock, Bleeding Hollow, Dragonmaw, Blacktooth grind, Stormreaver and twilights hammer.
    Horde of Draenor clans where Shadowmoon, Bleeding hollow, Warsong, shattered hand, Thunderlord and Laughing skull.
    Dark Horde was made of Blackrock, Blacktooth grind and Dragonmaw. Dark horde is more of succerssor to the old horde by just the fact by what clans are part of it.

So its not part of old horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Garrosh's Horde up to the point where he started acting like a dick to the other Horde members.

Theramore's destruction was a work of art and Hellscream's tactics helped the horde dominate through much of the cataclysm.

I like the Horde best when it's aggressive, expansionist and (mostly) united.

Sylvanas brings some of that, but she's quite frankly only out for herself and that makes her rule a boring one.

The worst horde was Vol'jin's Horde. Ruled by an inept, weak and tactless leader who left everything to his subordinates.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-01-18 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big fan of the pre-True Horde:

Garrosh Hellscream yells: Fellow warriors of the Horde. Hear me now!
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: Ahead hides our foe. Worshippers of chaos who seek to remake the world.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: A new world is coming, friends. But it is not the world of their design.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: Together, we will crush the Twilight's Hammer, raze their stronghold,
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: salt the earth, and burn the bodies. All will tremble at our might.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: Then we will stand astride this world as its masters -
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: united in our conviction, unrivaled in strength, beholden to no one.
    Garrosh Hellscream yells: Today, WE will remake the world. Our world. FOR THE HORDE!

The "What have you done, Krom'gar?" Garrosh is my fav. The Garrosh that Thrall told Vol'jin would "bow to no human, and bear no betrayal.", that openly challenged Varian Wrynn in the Purple's Parlor before Ulduar:

I really want him back, and I know I can't have it but maybe the next Orc will share similar traits and maybe have a little more respect for the elements; a return to its shamanic roots. It could do without all of the iron architecture; Blizzard did a great job of this in Warspear and the Spirit Lodge of the Horde Garrison in WoD.

This x10.

Cata era Garrosh is what made me into a horde Fanboy, even if that part of me died with MOP.

Ga'nar had much potential... But all great orcs die great or live long enough for us to hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    New Honorable Horde under Thrall as always, and True Horde.

As someone who almost exclusively plays the Alliance, the True Horde is the only iteration that was respectable in every category (obviously, subjective statement is subjective).