Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Now I can't provide you a source (too lazy to search and maybe rewatch blizzcon videos or interviews), but I am sure that they did say that they are abandoning the mission table (thank god)
    They're not "abandoning" the mission table concept. They simply said that they don't want to shoe-horn in features of a previous expansion into another if it doesn't make sense for the expansion in question. They are perfectly willing to revisit the mission table and 'garrison/order hall' concepts if it makes sense for the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep - Mythic Plus Dungeons and World Quests

Kill - Warforge/Titanforge and Legion Class Pruning

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the mission table this expansion. It involves all real world questing. Even getting the followers is questing.
    Yet it is still just a money machine when you hit the end of a patch. Like, right now, it is just a gold mine for people with too much time on their hands.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Keep: nothing obvious comes to mind (since WQ are already confirmed) I kinda hope they keep pvp WQs for the free armor and marks. I never had to actually pvp in them, but they were a great source of transmog.

Kill: making you go into instances just to complete mandatory quests. (like class hall and profession quests in Legion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I don't get the hate. Free gold, free AP (Argunite next expansion), free mats via Bloods/Sargerite, free Runes.
    And free items every 2 weeks or so.

It was bad, VERY bad in WoD. In Legion, it's OK.
    It’s not a question of hate - it’s just objectively bad design and it’s time it was retired. They tried it, and couldn’t make it meaningful over two expansions of trying (and three iterations). It failed. Failed concepts need cut, and the mission table needs cut.

Keep: WQ and emissaries.

Kill: Legendaries, artifacts, titanforging, warforging, sockets, bonus stats, lfr and pvp templates.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    It’s not a question of hate - it’s just objectively bad design and it’s time it was retired. They tried it, and couldn’t make it meaningful over two expansions of trying (and three iterations). It failed. Failed concepts need cut, and the mission table needs cut.
    ... What about it is failed this expansion...?

It literally does exactly what they said it'd be doing. And "objectively bad design" doesn't ring true, seems highly subjective to me...

Kill: Legendary System.

Keep: Everything else.

Why not destroy Titanforging? Cause I wanna get stronger.

the only thing I would change about the mission table is make the missions a bit longer and less frequent; there should be new stuff every couple days, not every six hours

anyway

Kill: legendaries. Seemed like a fun idea, wasn't really

Keep: the relic system. I'm sad that we're going back to weapon drops in BfA, relics seemed like a really elegant solution

I will play along the limit you put to us OP so one keep, one kill:

Keep: M+

Kill: Random legendaries. Either abort the system (like they do in BfA), or if they would keep it, I'd only accept it if a) wakening essences-esque farm is available from launch/shortly after launch or b) you can target which legendary to go for next.

Anyway, they are killing this atrocious system, so I am really hyped for BfA as I loved everything else in Legion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep. WQ (and emissary), this is really what brings me (or players) out in the world. I don't care much for PVP (I like the brawls) but I usually do the PVP-towers. So I liked the mix of WQ:s and that I got to chose -- pvp tower, kill moose for food world quest, do a profession thing etc. Good mix. I like that I can just do them all every third day or so. I don't need to do them every day like if it was a daily quest.

Kill. Legendaries. Get the right one you are a winner, get the wrong one and you wanted to just /wrist. Highly dependent on class and spec etc. They where not created equal lets just put it like that.

(also) Kill. The way professional leveling was gated behind quests and dungeons. That was horribly annoying. Oh hi guys you want to do this separate dungeon quest for my profession? ... No? crap ...

I'm ok with the Mission (Garrison) Table. The one in legion was better then the one in WOD. I suspect if they bring it to the next expansion it will be better yet. The fix imo should be that you have less followers and then just send them out once or twice per week not multiple times per day. This was probably a great way for Blizzard to assign some raid-rewards / quests etc. It was not like the garrison either where running the table was free since you gained free resources. They tied it to WQ:s here so you had to get a little engine going, that said after a while there was no issue getting that engine to include multiple characters doing more or less nothing else but running missions. I'll miss the "free" gold.

Anyway shouldnt we marry or fuck something to make this complete?

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep: Hourly zone events. Those legion zone invasion every couple of hours gives an area a different kind of atmosphere and it's refreshing.

Kill: Daze mechanic. Holy crap each subsequent expansion that mechanic just gets more severe.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Keep: Everything

Kill: World of Warcraft.

Hmmm....What do?

Keep: M+
    Kill: Not being able to fly for months

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yet it is still just a money machine when you hit the end of a patch. Like, right now, it is just a gold mine for people with too much time on their hands.
    How is that type of bonus a bad thing?

5+ Year Old Account
    Kill: Demon Hunters and their bragging

Keep: Legiondaries

KIDDING!

Kill: Unnecessary profession quests (I don't mind a few, but the constant back and forth was annoying), profession patterns ranks, Legiondaries, AP grind

Keep: CLASS QUESTS, Mage Tower, WQs (as long as they give relevant rewards)

Adjust: M+

i love the mission table this time around. especially with the mobile app. zero effort, decent reward. world quest are worth keeping too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Keep everything including my challenge weapon appearance. Artifacts can be removed, too much farming. Make Suramar capital horde city or sanctuary at least.

Keep: Raid caches. Love having extra chances for gear

Kill: Hunters 1.5 sec GCD, so I can have a ranged class to play again.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure why a few people keep saying to kill TF/WF. They already confirmed that they're keeping those systems. Those, WQs, and M+ are probably the best things they added in Legion. Yeah some scrub can hit the lottery in LFR/Normal and get 1-2 decent pieces but who gives a fuck? Doesn't impact us Mythic raiders. And there are easier ways to fix our issues without gutting TF for the other 97% of players.

M+ is a FAR bigger source of gear inflation for easy content but I don't see people whining about that.