Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I like the Horde one. The Alliance cinematic I dunno, it's so weird to see virtually only humans and I feel like the few elves etc look so out of place in Stormwind. Somehow the Horde theme just works for all the Horde races and it's so much more varied.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    The dialogue, the expressions, everything. Bravo.

And lmao when Sylvanas sighed as Gallywix walked up to her, perfect!
    my only thing
    why the fuck did the SIEGE TOWER move into fucking jumping distance of the wall?
    ikt isnt a ladder tower, there was no ladders inside, it was a literal just tall cannon to hit the tops of the walls, and a catapult, and it got into jumping range of the wall, allowing sylvanas to take it out...

cool, but still wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree this is mostly thx to Christie Golden. Let's face it, her books (and any Warcraft book) aren't exactly masterpieces, but she is professional writer nonetheless.

And BfA will be typical "civil war" chapter in any fiction, when heroes turn against each other and nothing is black and white. I already have mixed feeling (in good way) for characters like Genn or Sylvanas. All of this may result in fantastic story next expac.

"I just found out Christie Golden wrote the cinematics, so I'm going to be overly critical of each movement and word"
    -Everyone over-evaluating two video game cinematics

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The story is good but the graphic.. oh come on. Even Wotlk ingame cinematics had a better quality and that 10 years ago.
    You are deliberately lying or need to get your eyes checked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I took that as him choking on his drink because of Baine mentioning Silithus. Saurfang goes way back with Silithus, after all.
    I feel like that was obvious... not sure how that guy who quoted saw it any other way lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    "I just found out Christie Golden wrote the cinematics, so I'm going to be overly critical of each movement and word"
    -Everyone over-evaluating two video game cinematics
    Most of what I read in this thread has been positive, and only praise for Mrs Golden since it was obvious a great writer was behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Christie Golden, she writes the best WoW books too in my opinion, so I welcome her contribution, if it's not her I'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Imagine if Knaak had done it...

Baine: What is up with Gallywix? His orbs are shifty.

Saurfang: The rats are scurrying about their plans, their beady little orbs darting here and there.

Baine: Orbs.

Saurfang: Orbs orbs orbs

Baine: ORBS!

Saurfang: Orbs orbs...orbs orbs...orbsssssssssss.
    this made me day!
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-01-18 at 08:45 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why, but I liked Gallywix in the horde one.

Greymane in the alliance one just seemed like a smarmy douche

I just watched the alliance video for the first time because I didn't bother watching it in game. It was meh. The horde one was quite a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I feel like that was obvious... not sure how that guy who quoted saw it any other way lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of what I read in this thread has been positive, and only praise for Mrs Golden since it was obvious a great writer was behind them.
    There's a couple tards in here, don't worry. I wasn't nagging for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yup...it showed how Sylvanas truly gives no fucks about the Horde, but fanbois of her will still deny it.
    Yes, and Im lovin it!

Id rather have Sylvanas who doesnt fake her intentions and is just herself, than Genn who hides behind "For the Alliance" but all he cares about is his personal vendetta against Sylvanas. Notice how in BfA cinematic he says "we have HER cornered" not THEM as in the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    the horde was 10/10. the alliance was alright, but it could be better. it honestly is just the human faction (and the devs know this, they've have several characters reference it in game)
    Yep - human elitism (if not outright racism) has been an ongoing theme for a while. It's a large part of the reason Blood Elves are horde.

Garithos anyone?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    You haven't done the legion rogue campaign then?
    Mathias Shaw didn't betray the Alliance in Legion to my recollection, he was abducted and impersonated right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    I hope Sylvanas has Baine assassinated, blames it on the Alliance, and then appoints a more suitable Tauren Chieftain. Magatha Grimtotem would be an ideal candidate, sneaky ruthless and cunning, she would be an excellent lieutenant to Sylvanas.

Seriously Sylvanas needs to start replacing the Horde leadership with more suitable characters, that will be subservient to her and would have no ethical qualms following her plans. She needs to establish a far reaching power base with the Horde.
    Magatha tried to assassinate Baine once. Almost took over all of Thunder Bluff in that one novel.
    Magatha has had a lot more development as a character... a lot more interesting to interact with.
    Baine's most interesting interactions haven't even been in WoW. (Like, getting the mace from Anduin.)
    Don't think Magatha is loyal to the Horde right now. She'd probably butt heads with Sylvanas for power.
    Magatha and Sylvanas would probably spend most interactions saying things that make the other look bad to others.
    Last edited by Razion; 2018-01-18 at 10:31 PM.

I haven't seen any Blizzard cinematics after the Kung-Fu Panda one in the Kungfupandaland (that was the freaking last straw for me and Blizzard Cinematics) but I have to say, the young King reminds me awfully too much of Arthas Menethil.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I believe this is just the first cinematic of more to come to introduce Battle for Azeroth, which will explain how from the Azerite story, that Teldrassil burned and that Anduin is attacking Undercity. (Both cinematic have the same heroes in it). So i'm sure later on we'll see more of the other faction leaders, but always centered around Anduin and Sylvannas.

Im liking this and I enjoyed the cinematics as a part of something, not just as a whole. There will be more. Im sure of it.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2018-01-18 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expressions, especially on the Alliance side, is what stood out to me the most. It was incredibly impressive, as well as the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Mathias Shaw didn't betray the Alliance in Legion to my recollection, he was abducted and impersonated right?

- - - Updated - - -

Magatha tried to assassinate Baine once. Almost took over all of Thunder Bluff in that one novel.
    Magatha has had a lot more development as a character... a lot more interesting to interact with.
    Baine's most interesting interactions haven't even been in WoW. (Like, getting the mace from Anduin.)
    Don't think Magatha is loyal to the Horde right now. She'd probably butt heads with Sylvanas for power.
    Magatha and Sylvanas would probably spend most interactions saying things that make the other look bad to others.
    Magatha in power it would be like having Maiev as Ne leader.

Both would turn their backs to the faction and lead their people to ruin.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Magatha in power it would be like having Maiev as Ne leader.

Both would turn their backs to the faction and lead their people to ruin.
    Maiev is headstrong but reckless and foolish in her blood-lust. Maiev at least would be honorable to the cause of the Night Elves as a unified people, but would probably get involved in something bad eventually when trying to do the right thing. Her loyalty to tradition prevents her from doing what is good a lot of the time.

Magatha would cause a lot of in-fighting and make no friends, weakening the race's alliances and breaking whatever synergy the Horde has developed over the years. The Horde would crumble on the front lines from poor leadership as a result of the bickering the leaders would be focused on, wondering whether Sylvanas or Magatha is trustworthy. Even if the unity of the Tauren clans survive Magatha's quest for power, the rest of the Horde would surely suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Baine:"For against all odds, we have vanquished the Legion".

Last time I checked it were the order hall leaders + Illidan + Velen + Magni + Army of Light who did that.
    The Horde and Alliance armies did fuck all.
    The Horde and Alliance armies did a lot at beating the Legion back to Argus.

After that... Well, theres only 1 Vindicaar. It's not like you can fit all the collective armies of Azeroth into a single space ship. On Argus, we were mostly using forces already fighting the Legion, along with the OP-as-hell playable characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Is it only me who find it logic that Shaw delivers the stone rather then an elf? He is after all the leader of SI:7 Stormwinds Intelligence service. They probably have agents and spies in every zone working around the clock at all times to find this kind of intelligence. There are ofc nightelfs working for SI:7 but nightelfs as a race dont have an intelligence service! But hey I might be wrong!