Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I don't get why Nintendo is such a polarizing company. They have been around a long time, they have had some great products and some bad products. Not very different in that way from Sony or Microsoft. Yet many people for whatever reason seem to be looking for any reason they can to hate them.

Im guessing its rooted in some form of elitism, and these 'true' gamers who bash Nintendo are a superior breed because they are capable of pushing buttons on PS and XB controllers instead of Nintendo ones.
    Its just people wanting to fanboy the plastic box they play on. I personally play on all platforms that has games I enjoy

Different Topic: People mite have missed my question so ill ask again.

Does the Wii-U Ethernet Adapter work with the Switch if u hook it in the Dock? I considered getting one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Does the Wii-U Ethernet Adapter work with the Switch if u hook it in the Dock? I considered getting one.
    It would appear so.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo....id/22544/p/897

Edit: Even shows support for Wii, Wii U, and Switch on their site

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/brows...ctId=prod10279

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That is both depressing and funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    It would appear so.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo....id/22544/p/897

Edit: Even shows support for Wii, Wii U, and Switch on their site

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/brows...ctId=prod10279
    Neat ill get one at some point since 3rd party games seem to have big downloads.

Right now downloading a 15.3GB file (WWE 2k18) on my switch over wireless......Urrgg.

Doom (2016) was 7.5Gb.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-19 at 01:27 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The more I see the Labo the more I just can't believe we've stooped this low that gaming now consists of selling cardboard for £50-60.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get why Nintendo is such a polarizing company. They have been around a long time, they have had some great products and some bad products. Not very different in that way from Sony or Microsoft. Yet many people for whatever reason seem to be looking for any reason they can to hate them.

Im guessing its rooted in some form of elitism, and these 'true' gamers who bash Nintendo are a superior breed because they are capable of pushing buttons on PS and XB controllers instead of Nintendo ones.
    Nope. I give Nintendo critique like I do other companies because they make completely incompetent decisions sometimes and throw up products like this Labo thing.

Examples would be the voice chat app, the online multiplayer still not being ready, the stupid SD cards that were ridiculously overpriced, VC still not being ready and now this Cardboard playset that they are trying to palm off to you for a stupid price.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Accidental would be one thing, but doing it for all links and bold, no. The thing is Amperage and Voltage are hugely different and is something that really needs to be corrected.
    The ones I linked were 15v 2.6A, not 15A.

The exact specifications that the Switch dock requires.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats false as hell. Nintendo's first party titles alone is more then 2 hands worth, That's not counting the good 3rd party's it had.

- - - Updated - - -

There is so much wrong in this post, ill make a list for you.

1) The Wii being a success for Nintendo didn't bite them in the ass in anyway shape or form.
    2) The Wii U failed due to bad marketing along with it being extremely weak hardware. Yes Casuals thought the system was a $350 wii accessory, That has nothing to do with the Wii itself. It has everything to do with bad marketing. Nintendo should have just labled it Wii 2.
    3) If Gamers didn't have confidence in Nintendo then the DS and 3DS both wouldn't have sold extremely well and The Switch is now selling extremely well.

4) Only die hard Nintendo fans got a wii? Really? I would love to have 110 million die hard fans then.

- - - Updated - - -

The Wii-U was 30% more powerful then the PS3 but many ports looked and/or ran halfassed. A lot of those ports (Arkham City) also was old as hell.

Example

It got what leftover's was left for the PS3/360 and it wasn't many of those.

So does anyone know if I can get the Wii-U Ethernet USB adapter and hook it into my dock for the Switch and it works?
    Ports must have been rushed.

I knew the cell was much stronger than last gen cpus and have read that theoretically its better than current gen ones too. Did not know the cpu in the WiiU was worse than the 360 cpu.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2018-01-19 at 12:41 AM.

https://twitter.com/USK_de/status/953931270958075904

The German videogame ratings board USK janitorial staff almost threw away the Nintendo Labo pieces thinking they were waste paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

I knew the cell was much stronger than last gen cpus and have read that theoretically its better than current gen ones too. Did not know the cpu in the WiiU was worse than the 360 cpu.
    Didn't help that the CPU and GPU were pretty much split in half at times to run the Wii U and the GamePad, especially for asymmetric multiplayer games.

Watch_dogs came out like a year later on Wii-U then any other platform I wouldn't call that rushed. The system was shit and even if it sold decent 3rd party dev's would have likely left it.

The difference between the Wii U and a XboxOne was night and day. The focus was on more powerful hardware that could do more. It would have gotten the leftover's that the PS3/360 did.

Offtopic: So after spending about a hour playing Wwe 2k18 on The switch I must say.... It is the worse performing game I have ever played on a console/handheld.

Happy I got a really cheap used copy off ebay lol. I do hope they fix it at some point because I always wanted a Wwe game on a handheld but OMG this is a special kind of bad.

Edit: I have also decided I need a GTA/Just Cause style game on The Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit Enter the Gungeon has performance settings on The Switch...

I am impressed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-19 at 01:25 AM.

Edit: I have also decided I need a GTA/Just Cause style game on The Switch.
    I would really love an HD remake of Simpsons: Hit and Run.

We're probably getting GTAV considering how much money Rockstar continues to make on it.

coughgrandtheftautoonlinecough

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    We're probably getting GTAV considering how much money Rockstar continues to make on it.
    I doubt it but lets say that's true.

Even scaling it back graphically you will still need a massive SD card. The game with all updates on a PS4 runs at about 100GB, That is one of the main reasons why I think it will never come to The Switch.

Scaling back graphic's only does so much, Doom is scaled back greatly and that's still like 30GB all digital. GTAV Online has added a lot of content since its release and keeps adding it.

I love GTA V and if it was coming to the switch I would buy it (just to play SP again). But I highly doubt it.

I would settle for GTAIV tho.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-19 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I think a lot of it spawned from how hard people dick ride Nintendo. I mean I may lean more towards Sony, but I love Nintendo too. Honestly though people thinking that everything Nintendo does is flawless gets old really quickly. Luckily Nintendo has an extremely talented team that seems relatively self aware and thus doesn't really need feedback from the fans, but Breath of the Wild for instance is a game with a lot of design flaws. Yet everyone was giving it 10/10s and almost every outlet gave it the Game of the Year awards. I don't even really know any major review outlets that even pointed out those flaws. And when a reviewer like Jim Sterling finally did heavily criticize the game, people lost their absolute shit at him. Which to be fair, I think a 7/10 was a little bit much but I don't think he completely missed the mark.

Regardless, wherever blind fanboys exist, blind haters will rise to meet them and vice versa. Because we live in a time where people only know how to deal in extremes. God forbid you realize that sometimes Nintendo knocks it out of the fucking park and sometimes they fall flat on their face.

Probably?

I don't know about that. It wouldn't completely surprise me to see it announced, but at the same time considering they stopped supporting the ps3 and 360 versions a long ass time ago it's really hard to see them making a Switch version that isn't total ass or missing an ass load of online content.

coughgrandtheftautoonlinecough
    I seriously doubt that. Why bother porting it on less powerful hardware when you can just keep milking the microtransactions on current ones? Getting GTAO running well on Switch would be significant investment. Money is easier to farm on their current platforms.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know I may be late, but with a zelda title out and a metroid title on the way. I'll most likely be grabbing this system over the summer.

Haven't played a metroid game since prime 3. Was lucky to skip other m, and I don't play handhelds much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Probably?

I don't know about that. It wouldn't completely surprise me to see it announced, but at the same time considering they stopped supporting the ps3 and 360 versions a long ass time ago it's really hard to see them making a Switch version that isn't total ass or missing an ass load of online content.
    To be fair, I dont give a shit about the online. Id pay 60 for the single player alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Guessing Animal crossing isn't even in development seeing as one of the devs for it helped make the cardboard games.

To be fair, I dont give a shit about the online. Id pay 60 for the single player alone.
    Rockstar doesn't care what you care about. They care about selling shark cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Guessing Animal crossing isn't even in development seeing as one of the devs for it helped make the cardboard games.
    That's a hell of a jump to make mate. Newsflash, EAD2 makes AC. They also make Splatoon. An internal studio can have multiple projects at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Rockstar doesn't care what you care about. They care about selling shark cards.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a hell of a jump to make mate. Newsflash, EAD2 makes AC. They also make Splatoon. An internal studio can have multiple projects at once.
    I'm just being pessimistic. I want AC badly.

Docked is 720p/60fps with dips to 50fps at times.

Portable is 720p/30fps locked. Cuts back on shadows but looks the same as docked.

Graphically its the same as PS4 and even PS4 has the same fps dips at times. Even PS4 Pro has the same dips and it seems the game doesn't use the Pro's extra hardware at all.

Personally ill be buying it for the Switch when it comes out., There is a demo on the e-shop if anyone is interested in giving it a go.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-19 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is absolutely hilarious. I wanted to love the Wii U I had...but once they delayed zelda for the switch release I traded it in towards a PS4 Pro. Looking back, I don't regret it at all...Wii U had potential but had way too many missed opportunities.